Yantas - Birth of a New World

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
sangi39

Re: Yantas - Birth of a New World

Post by sangi39 » Mon 27 Nov 2017, 11:45

OliveAnne wrote:
Mon 27 Nov 2017, 08:38
sangi39 wrote:
Thu 23 Nov 2017, 17:26
OliveAnne wrote:
Thu 23 Nov 2017, 16:01
i don't know....for me the coolest one is the first two maps, the third one looks alike to earth. But this is interesting ideas, I'm looking forward to see more of it [:D] [:D]
Haha, that's what Ithisa said back in 2013 "Looks suspiciously similar to Earth..." and I still don't see it, lol.

Then again, which are you calling the "third map"?
The third one you have uploaded, from the 1st page. [:)]

?
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Breadstyx
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Breadstyx » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 17:03

hey sangi39, just found your forum and was wondering if you had worked on it since november, it's really cool and is super in depth [:D]
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved
sangi39

Post by sangi39 » Fri 27 Apr 2018, 01:35

Breadstyx wrote:
Sun 08 Apr 2018, 17:03
hey sangi39, just found your forum and was wondering if you had worked on it since november, it's really cool and is super in depth [:D]
Sorry for the late reply, I was away from home when I saw your post and forgot to get back to you when I got back.

I haven't worked on Yantas much since November, beyond some vague thoughts on a possible calendar to throw into the world. I've been focusing what effort I can at working more on the Kovur, especially their languages, since they're non-human and I've neglected them considerably while concentrating more on the human languages of the world, since a) I knew what sounds humans could make already, and b) hadn't worked out what the Kovur could and couldn't pronounce yet.

I haven't stopped working on Yantas, but this is the most up-to-date map at the moment:

I need to come up with names for the island groups that I've added since the post on island names, and there are a number of additional seas and large lakes as well (in north-western Hungas, south-eastern Sirden and western Mistaya, for example) that will also need naming. And, of course, I still need to work on the altitude map, as well as working more on the description of the Empire of the Kusan, and finalise just how exactly magic interacts with the afterlife. So much still to do [:P]
Just one time.
eldin raigmore
fire
fire

Post by eldin raigmore » Fri 27 Apr 2018, 15:30

Nice map! IMHO.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 » Sat 28 Apr 2018, 00:08

eldin raigmore wrote:
Fri 27 Apr 2018, 15:30
Nice map! IMHO.
Thanks [:)] Still needs a lot of work, but I've more or less reached the limits of what I can do with my abilities when it comes to detail.
Just one time.