The Plains of Áánene

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness

Re: The Plains of Áánene

Post by DesEsseintes » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 16:35

gestaltist wrote:Loved the story!
alynnidalar wrote:That was extremely enjoyable.
Frislander wrote:Love the stories on the thread so far!
Thanks a lot, guys. You make me want to continue writing. [:D]
gestaltist wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote: Hopefully, it won't take me 7 months to write the next instalment.
Took you only 4.
I think that if you count again, it actually took me six. [:$]
protondonor
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by protondonor » Wed 31 Aug 2016, 06:03

DesEsseintes wrote:Eþíínehoh

þéíþıłłbınóówo

the Eestéweıþþtsıkóónoo, the Fonołtosítsstsınííntseheh, the Séínıłtonıhéénoo, the Onóóweınetseızellchíþþte
The Híí languages have an amazing aesthetic. Cool stories, too, and a great window into the culture.
Kaimen Keling: Uralic goes Germanic
Kolyma Ainu: Ainu language spoken in mainland Siberia
Wetokwa: a priori, spoken in a Death Valley-like environment, former speedlang
Mañi: a Ngerupic language inspired by Oto-Manguean, Cariban, and Mataco-Guaicuruan
DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness

Post by DesEsseintes » Thu 16 Aug 2018, 18:00

A short snippet to see if I can get this started again...

The Scribe

The silent halls of Gowón’no have been my home for many a year, and as I wander through their meandering tunnels, I realise that I have become as shadowy and silent as they. At times I warm myself by thinking that I was special, that I was chosen, to ward off pointless dreams of the things that were denied me. Never again will I feel the warmth of a feather blanket during an autumn night out on the plains; never again feel the thrill of the hunt, the delights of fresh noombird meat eaten around the campfire; never again hear the laughter of children (they could have been my children!) practicing their archery skills on hapless reptiles and rodents.

No, fooling myself that I am special offers little comfort. Better to seek oblivion in my work, the sacred task. Countless hours I have spent bent over the scriptures we guard, copying out text after text to preserve the histories and knowledge of the ancients. Not that I, or any of us, understand much of it. The Great Feathered Ones, the Headless Wars, the Shattered Age... Eons reduced to nothing but meaningless words in a mouldy manuscript scrutinised by an old woman with failing eyesight.

But the Mothers sternly remind us of the oaths we have taken, and of our duty to the Feathered Sun that one day shall return. I no longer believe in any eternal reward, but at times I catch myself looking over the endless plain, far below, daydreaming of that glorious day when a different Sun will rise and the world will be born anew. And, though it costs me a tear to admit it, I see myself, young again, running and laughing under the boundless sky.
Last edited by DesEsseintes on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » Thu 16 Aug 2018, 18:02

Sufficiently emo: I approve.
My pronouns are <xie> [ʒiː] / <xer> [ʒɚ]

My shitty twitter
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist » Thu 16 Aug 2018, 18:12

Is it a witch speaking?
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » Fri 17 Aug 2018, 00:53

DesEsseintes wrote:
Thu 16 Aug 2018, 18:00
A short snippet to see if I can get this started again...
Yay! Good to see you working on this again! It's been too long.

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera