Some info on the World of Fuhe

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Shemtov
mayan
mayan

Some info on the World of Fuhe

Post by Shemtov » Sun 15 Jan 2017, 21:53

This thread contains information on my current conworld, which contains Fuhe. I don't have a name for the whole world right now. While I will eventually explain the structure of the Kätänä-to-Kinu-Mutai in Fuhe proper, this post will be about the court religion of Niija, on the other side of the world.
King Delimaat II came under the influence of Bèthoberak, a former ascetic monk of the Monhindikxat school in the East mountains. Though there were wishperings in the court at the time that Bèthoberak was a wizard who had to much influence over the king, Bèthoberak's Monhindikxatism spread throughout the court and eventually the entire kingdom, as King Delimaat II made it illegal to take the civil service exams without being a practicing Monhindikxatist.
Monhindikxatism is said to have been influenced by Arrungi thought.
The King asked Bèthoberak to write a guide on Monhindikxatism called "The Illustrious and Royal Volume on Monhindikxatism , Moral Propriety, and the Deification of Man", Often shortented to just "the First Royal Volume".
The Basic philosophy of Bèthoberak's Monhindikxatism is that the world was created by a deity called Mamao Joitaka, who had once been a human on another world, who was deified and created the world. There are an infinite numbers of worlds in Bèthoberak's Monhindikxatism, but what generation of deity is Mamao Joitaka is "Forbidden speculation". The whole purpose of man is to, by "Moral propriety" and " extensive Meditation", to become a deity (Joitaka) and create their own world. Bèthoberak taught that ussually "deification" happaned after death, when the deified would come to a friend in a dream, but "very rarely, a person could be deified while alive, their body turning into gold dust. If someone was not deified in this lifetime, they would be reincarnated until they were, though always as a human, unless they were especially "Morally evil". Joitakas were said to be nigh omniscient and omnipotent. Those deified in this world could be prayed to as deities, as despite being supreme deity of their own world, they still had a connection to this one.
The dead were to be kept partially embalmed for a week. If a dream revealed they were deified, they would be mumified and placed in splendid tomb, to be prayed to. If not, they would be creamated, and their ashes would be scattered over the rice paddies that fed the place they died in.
A record was kept of all Joitakas, and they often became like "patron Saints" in IRL Roman Catholicism. An example is Fadharom, a woman who was jilted by her fiance, and thus became an ascetic, living at Bèthoberak's tomb, eating only two riceballs per day, sleeping only two hours a night and meditating for the rest of the time. She did this for 33 years, at which point she died. She appeared to the keeper of tomb in a dream, and was deified. Fadharom's tomb thus became a pilgrimage site for those seeking luck in love, or for those facing problems in romance or marraige.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
mayan
mayan

Re: Some info on the World of Fuhe

Post by Shemtov » Tue 28 Feb 2017, 19:04

The Kirmitites have a rich system of astrology. Stars are classified as either "Moon Stars" or "sun stars". Moon stars are stars that are visible at midnight of the summer solstice, plus all the classical planets, except for Mercury and Venus. All others are Sun Stars. A person's horoscope is cast based on the positions or theoretical positions (if born by day) of the Sun and Moon stars at the time of birth in combination with his zodiac sign. (It is worth noting that the World of Fuhe is Earth, just with magic and alternative continents.) It is very important to cast a possible royal heir's horoscope. Only the son of the King with the most favorable horoscope is considered heir to the throne. Officers are also chosen from the nobles based on their horoscope, ie, if they have a war horoscope, they become generals, if they havbe a "Star" horoscope, they become astrologers. Based on time of year and of day, and the positions of the planets, various ventures are considered fortuitous or unfortuitous.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
mayan
mayan

Post by Shemtov » Thu 15 Jun 2017, 05:21

A Typical Northwest Wanian creation myth (I'll use the Sawaan terms):
In the beginning, there was Koisontaa'aałi, the primeval human, who is a hermaphrodite. It had its first menstrual period, and the blood became the ocean, hair fell of its head, into the blood, becoming the continents and the islands. Koisontaa'aałi had so much divine power that life, including intelligent life, began to develop in its menstrual pool. Looking at the pool, Koisontaa'aał saw all this, and thought "I can't provide for all this". It then masturbated into the pool, the semen becoming the Koito'as, the gods or spirits. It charged the Koito'as to provide and oversee the world. Its left half sleeps half a day, with Koisontaa'aałi's right eye serving as the sun. It's right half sleeps at night, though the left eye, the moon, flickers open and shut throughout the month, thus causing the lunar phases. Every full moon, when it menstruates, and it's left is open, all the Koito'as come to it with reports. That night is unlucky night, as the Koito'as are gone, and the world may be flooded, based on Koisontaa'aałi's menstrual flow. But in the morning when the Koito'as return, good luck comes into the world, for the Koito'as have heard the wisdom of Koisontaa'aałi.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
mayan
mayan

Post by Shemtov » Fri 01 Dec 2017, 22:07

The people of the Sevǔihk Archipelago have a method of cooking that uses a utensil they call a Caareis from <Caarǔ> "Six" and <Eis> "Fire", thus "Six[-fold] fire", which is a metal box that is on a tripod, with an edge going around it, with places for lighting fires on the four sides of the edge, on top of the box, and under it. They light all six fires for a quick, hot bake. On common dish made in the Caareis is Nippuvas (<Nippu> "Agave" + <Pas> "bread") which is an egg dough with heavy amounts of Agave syrup (imported from the deserts of South M̟oḩa), usually flavored with cinnamon, native to Sevǔihk Archipelago. This is a delicacy, customarily served at wedding, birth-parties and on holidays. Also, Kings eat every day; In fact they have a proverb "A King who does not eat Nippuvas at every meal is no king".
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
mayan
mayan

Post by Shemtov » Mon 04 Dec 2017, 02:25

The Unification of the Sevǔihk Archipelago:
The Sevǔihk Archipelago, and its language once had a different name, but this has been censored since the days of King Sevǔihk, the namesake of the islands and language, 300 years ago. Before King Sevǔihk unified the islands, each island had its own king or some islands had multiple kings, or there would be a kingdom spanning multiple smaller islands. King Sevǔihk was the King of the southernmost island, Davaǔ. The Kingdom of Davaǔ was one of the most important islands, as it controlled about 18 small islands, and had a colony on the otherwise independent island of Kareihma, and had a city-colony called Hmǔǔdavaǔ on the otherwise independent island of Sahai. King Sevǔihk was an absolute war-lord at first, and conquered all the Islands and imprisoned their kings, to ritually sacrifice them to the Spirit of Davaǔ, on an appointed day he called "The Day of Conquest". However, during the week before that day, he had nightmares of guilt over all the blood he spilt in the wars of conquest. On the day itself, he came, to the shock of everyone there, not dressed as a king, but in humble robes and crying. He declared that instead of sacrificing the other kings, he would return them to their kingdoms, but under the "regretful condition" that they swear fealty to him,the "King of Kings of the United Island Kingdoms", as otherwise "Wars would happen for there would be others like me. Therefore, let us be united." At that point, according to myth "...all the spirits and gods of all the united islands came to King Sevǔihk, May He Be Praised Always, and bowed to him saying: 'O King of kings, you are no mortal. For when you did pardon the [other] kings, the God of gods bound your soul unto his essence, and you shall die, and be a part of Him, watching over these Islands of Sevǔihk. For this is the new name of these Islands, and you shall be 'King of Kings of the United Kingdoms of Sevǔihk'. But, before you do die, you shall sit on the throne of the United Kingdoms of Sevǔihk for many days, and then pass the throne to your son whom you find worthy. As long as one of the Patralineal of Sevǔihk sits on the throne of the United Kingdoms of Sevǔihk, as 'King of Kings of the United Kingdoms of Sevǔihk', no evil may befall these islands of Sevǔihk. But be very careful that no one from now until the end of all things (of which we know not) be named Sevǔihk on the Islands of Sevǔihk.' They gave him a robe to pass unto his sons, and went back to their places, and he followed their instructions to the end. This is why the burial site of Sevǔihk is a Temple forever."
-JRR Tolkien