Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
bbbourq
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Post by bbbourq » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 18:29

This is my first post in here, but I would like to add in my own influence on my conlang/world. The "discoveries" thus far have been highly influenced by my own spirituality; specifically in the realms of Buddhism and the Law of Attraction (interestingly, I grew up as a Roman Catholic and received confirmation, then I converted to Islam much later after I met my wife in order to be allowed to marry her). Much of my conworld's religion is built on the premise that the people have a very deep-rooted connection with nature and the universal consciousness as I am very much attuned to my own seven chakras. I have yet to see if the people have an energy map as seen with the chakras, meridians, or Metatron's Cube. The religion is monotheistic, but I am unsure if the one deity truly plays a role. I am inclined to think that it might be archaic since the religion is more about being in the now, connected to all life and energy, vs a god. There is still much to learn and so far texts on the subject have been sparse.
https://lortho.conlang.org

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
Pabappa
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Conworlders' religious influences on conworlds

Post by Pabappa » Sat 29 Sep 2018, 23:05

I'd love to see details either here or elsewhere if you ever feel up to it... it sounds very interesting. When you say there's much to learn, do you mean you yourself haven't yet found answers to questions the people want to know?