New CBB IRC channel!

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
User avatar
Micamo
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun 05 Sep 2010, 18:48

New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Micamo » Sat 08 Oct 2011, 02:04

Hai everybody! We now have a new Official(?) channel for the board over at #cbb on SwiftIRC. To go there right now, head here!

(Hint: You can use "/nick <name>" to change your name once you're in the channel!)

EDIT: The channel has been moved to ##cbb on chat.freenode.net. The "##" is not a typo!
Last edited by Micamo on Sun 04 Dec 2011, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Ceresz
shadowlight
shadowlight
Posts: 2680
Joined: Sat 16 Oct 2010, 01:14
Location: North
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Ceresz » Sat 08 Oct 2011, 02:06

Why a new one :-s?

---edit---
Never mind, I got my answer.
Last edited by Ceresz on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Aszev
admin
admin
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue 11 May 2010, 04:46
Location: Upp.
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Aszev » Sat 08 Oct 2011, 02:07

Now that the name change has been done I will endorse this here too, so let's call it official!
Sound change works in mysterious ways.

Image CE
User avatar
Aszev
admin
admin
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue 11 May 2010, 04:46
Location: Upp.
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Aszev » Sat 08 Oct 2011, 13:56

Other, proper IRC clients, include:

- ChatZilla (Firefox addon)
- Mibbit
- mIRC
Sound change works in mysterious ways.

Image CE
User avatar
Ossicone
moderator
moderator
Posts: 3691
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 04:20
Location: I've heard it both ways.
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Ossicone » Sat 08 Oct 2011, 16:15

And if you have a mac Colloquy is quite nice.
User avatar
thaen
roman
roman
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat 04 Jun 2011, 21:01
Location: Plano

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by thaen » Mon 10 Oct 2011, 02:47

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this? o_0
:con: Nillahimma
:con: Øð!
:con: Coneylang

I am the Great Rabbit. Fear me, O Crabs!
Spoiler:
ı θ ð ʃ ɲ ŋ ʔ ɛ ə ø ʑ ɕ ʷ ʲ ⁿ
User avatar
Micamo
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun 05 Sep 2010, 18:48

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Micamo » Mon 10 Oct 2011, 03:01

IRC. A chatroom, basically.
User avatar
Micamo
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun 05 Sep 2010, 18:48

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Micamo » Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:43

As of today, #aveneca is no longer supported and is officially closed.
User avatar
Xing
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5309
Joined: Sun 22 Aug 2010, 17:46

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Xing » Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:55

thaen wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is this? o_0
www.irchelp.org - the basics
User avatar
Zumir
sinic
sinic
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri 01 Jul 2011, 05:03
Location: The darkest pit of madness.

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Zumir » Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:17

Wait, this place is closing down?
Wa mnew yiHegolech.
User avatar
Aszev
admin
admin
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue 11 May 2010, 04:46
Location: Upp.
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Aszev » Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:40

Zumir wrote:
Wait, this place is closing down?
Nope, the #cbb channel is still running. It's the older unofficial one that has now been shut down completely.
Sound change works in mysterious ways.

Image CE
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Prinsessa » Mon 07 Nov 2011, 23:00

You guys need to use this channel! I am going to at least idle as often as I can from now on, in the hope that others will join in too.
User avatar
Thakowsaizmu
puremetal
puremetal
Posts: 3821
Joined: Fri 13 Aug 2010, 17:57
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Thakowsaizmu » Mon 07 Nov 2011, 23:01

Skógvur wrote:You guys need to use this channel! I am going to at least idle as often as I can from now on, in the hope that others will join in too.
A lot of people do. Like 6 of us.
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Prinsessa » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:33

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Skógvur wrote:You guys need to use this channel! I am going to at least idle as often as I can from now on, in the hope that others will join in too.
A lot of people do. Like 6 of us.
Micamo, CJMiller and Nortaneous were the only ones online when I wrote that, and they are still the only ones. :(
User avatar
Thakowsaizmu
puremetal
puremetal
Posts: 3821
Joined: Fri 13 Aug 2010, 17:57
Contact:

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Thakowsaizmu » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:38

Skógvur wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Skógvur wrote:You guys need to use this channel! I am going to at least idle as often as I can from now on, in the hope that others will join in too.
A lot of people do. Like 6 of us.
Micamo, CJMiller and Nortaneous were the only ones online when I wrote that, and they are still the only ones. :(
I just left.
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Prinsessa » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:47

Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Skógvur wrote:
Thakowsaizmu wrote:
Skógvur wrote:You guys need to use this channel! I am going to at least idle as often as I can from now on, in the hope that others will join in too.
A lot of people do. Like 6 of us.
Micamo, CJMiller and Nortaneous were the only ones online when I wrote that, and they are still the only ones. :(
I just left.
Oh, well. Seven of us isn't enough. Most of us should be there. :(
User avatar
Ànradh
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 02:57
Location: Dunoon, Scotland

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Ànradh » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:55

Skógvur,

Hey, a humon fan!
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Prinsessa » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:30

Lodhas wrote:Skógvur,

Hey, a humon fan!
Hey there! Yeah. I feel kind of sad for the poor nationalities that haven't yet been featured in her comics! They're probably missing out on a lot of jokes.

By the way, isn't 'Latin' 'Latina' in Latin (if you're going for the native names of the languages in your signature)?
User avatar
Ànradh
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2074
Joined: Thu 28 Jul 2011, 02:57
Location: Dunoon, Scotland

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Ànradh » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:53

Skógvur wrote:Hey there! Yeah. I feel kind of sad for the poor nationalities that haven't yet been featured in her comics! They're probably missing out on a lot of jokes.

By the way, isn't 'Latin' 'Latina' in Latin (if you're going for the native names of the languages in your signature)?
Yeah, but I suppose it's really reliant on what cultures she's aware of. I would love to see two Ireland characters just to witness the controversy it would likely provoke.

Basically, because I really do mean 'dabbling'. In Gaelic, I can speak a few sentences and have simple conversations; Finnish and Latin are mostly a few elements of vocabulary and being aware of grammatical features, but not really being able to make use of them. In Latin's case, I actually didn't know what the correct translation of its own name was. :$
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
User avatar
Micamo
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7148
Joined: Sun 05 Sep 2010, 18:48

Re: New CBB IRC channel!

Post by Micamo » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 13:00

It's Lingua Latina, lit. "The Latin Tongue."
Post Reply