CBBers Photos

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
User avatar
Xing
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5309
Joined: Sun 22 Aug 2010, 17:46

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Xing » Sun 16 Mar 2014, 22:27

Long time no picture

Image
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by Prinsessa » Sun 10 May 2015, 08:54

User avatar
kanejam
greek
greek
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri 07 Jun 2013, 06:50
Location: NZ

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by kanejam » Sun 10 May 2015, 10:51

@Sangi, you look exactly like I would expect a geeky mid-20's metalhead to.
Spoiler:
I mean that as a complement. Nice beard!
User avatar
sangi39
moderator
moderator
Posts: 2663
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 00:53
Location: North Yorkshire, UK

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by sangi39 » Sun 10 May 2015, 12:40

kanejam wrote:@Sangi, you look exactly like I would expect a geeky mid-20's metalhead to.
Spoiler:
I mean that as a complement. Nice beard!
Thank you, I try to make sure that what I like is pretty is easy to work out [:)] You might not be able to tell, but I'm wearing a Captain America t-shirt as well.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by Prinsessa » Sun 10 May 2015, 12:53

I'm now thinking of a bazillion interests I have no idea how one would represent by appearance alone. I don't think I'm personally very prone to getting certain vibes from people either. And I don't think of myself as giving off any specific clues to my interest through my own clothing or whatever either. I just wear what I wear for the clothing itself and so on with hair and whatnot. I have this one pin on my bag, I guess, that's all. Had two, but one fell off recently (and of course it was the exclusive one t-t).
User avatar
sangi39
moderator
moderator
Posts: 2663
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 00:53
Location: North Yorkshire, UK

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by sangi39 » Sun 10 May 2015, 13:19

Prinsessa wrote:I'm now thinking of a bazillion interests I have no idea how one would represent by appearance alone. I don't think I'm personally very prone to getting certain vibes from people either. And I don't think of myself as giving off any specific clues to my interest through my own clothing or whatever either. I just wear what I wear for the clothing itself and so on with hair and whatnot. I have this one pin on my bag, I guess, that's all. Had two, but one fell off recently (and of course it was the exclusive one t-t).
Well, I say "try to", but it's more of an "oo, look, Captain America t-shirt! MINE!" thing and the long hair and facial hair is a combination of laziness and a desire to be able to head-bang/mosh the way I used to at university (I had long hair from 2007 after letting it grow from 2005 onwards, cut my hair in 2011, kept it short until 2013 and then just gave up).

I did, though, use to straighten my hair between 2006 and 2008 while it was in that annoying middle stage where it just looked like a mess.

Now that you mention it, though, how would you represent conlanging in clothing? I definitely can't represent all of my interests at the same time with what I have clothes-wise.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by elemtilas » Sun 10 May 2015, 13:48

sangi39 wrote:Now that you mention it, though, how would you represent conlanging in clothing? I definitely can't represent all of my interests at the same time with what I have clothes-wise.
http://www.zazzle.com/conlangs

Mind you, that cravat thingy might clash just a wee bit with the whole metal - mosh - Captain America thing!
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Prinsessa » Sun 10 May 2015, 13:58

The only reason it's really possible to represent being a metalhead is because bands are people with an image and generally perform and make videos looking in a certain way, so that's easy to copy. Not so easy with conlanging, indeed, which doesn't exactly have an outwards image like that. :p
oh wow
User avatar
sangi39
moderator
moderator
Posts: 2663
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 00:53
Location: North Yorkshire, UK

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by sangi39 » Sun 10 May 2015, 15:58

Prinsessa wrote:The only reason it's really possible to represent being a metalhead is because bands are people with an image and generally perform and make videos looking in a certain way, so that's easy to copy. Not so easy with conlanging, indeed, which doesn't exactly have an outwards image like that. :p
Definitely true [:)]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
User avatar
MrKrov
cleardarkness
cleardarkness
Posts: 2414
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 01:47
Location: /ai/ > /a:/
Contact:

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by MrKrov » Sun 10 May 2015, 19:54

I guess it's been long enough that I could post another pic of my splendiferousness?

Image
User avatar
masako
shadowlight
shadowlight
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 15:42
Location: 가매
Contact:

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by masako » Mon 11 May 2015, 00:46

Is the vest part of a uniform?
User avatar
MrKrov
cleardarkness
cleardarkness
Posts: 2414
Joined: Thu 12 Aug 2010, 01:47
Location: /ai/ > /a:/
Contact:

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by MrKrov » Mon 11 May 2015, 03:19

The vest is the whole uniform!
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: This Is Us! (photo thread)

Post by Khemehekis » Mon 11 May 2015, 03:51

♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 55,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
Sḿtuval
greek
greek
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed 09 Oct 2013, 23:56
Location: somewhere

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Sḿtuval » Mon 11 May 2015, 04:00

It'd be better if it was written/typed in Kankonian.
Rev ṭe e mxe mèrzar konid.
/ɹev t͡ɕe e m.xe mèɹ.zɑɹ ko.nid/
Prinsessa
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: Mon 07 Nov 2011, 14:42

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Prinsessa » Mon 11 May 2015, 08:09

masako wrote:Is the vest part of a uniform?
Gee, that's what I mean about me not being prone to get vibes from people. I didn't even notice there was a vest!
User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:22

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by loglorn » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 15:31

As i was reading through this thread i thought i'd have to necromance it. Seems like they already did that for me.

Image

Conlangers have faces. Who could have thought that?
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4298
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by qwed117 » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 16:27

loglorn wrote:As i was reading through this thread i thought i'd have to necromance it. Seems like they already did that for me.

Image

Conlangers have faces. Who could have thought that?
I see that your human really wanted to take this photo. [:D]
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7162
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012, 01:57

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Lambuzhao » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 16:29

Do I dare give a recent selfie?
M'kay. Here I am fending off a Sontaran attack with my vermillion flipphone sonic mitre-saw.

Image

This was from a couple of weeks ago. I have since cropped the shaggy 70s hairdo.
User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:22

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by loglorn » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 16:47

qwed117 wrote:
loglorn wrote:As i was reading through this thread i thought i'd have to necromance it. Seems like they already did that for me.

Image

Conlangers have faces. Who could have thought that?
I see that your human really wanted to take this photo. [:D]
I tried to tell them i didn't want the picture, but they don't seem to understand Purr
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
User avatar
Thakowsaizmu
puremetal
puremetal
Posts: 3821
Joined: Fri 13 Aug 2010, 17:57
Contact:

Re: CBBers Photos

Post by Thakowsaizmu » Mon 22 Jun 2015, 17:35

Lambuzhao wrote:Do I dare give a recent selfie?
M'kay. Here I am fending off a Sontaran attack with my vermillion flipphone sonic mitre-saw.

Image

This was from a couple of weeks ago. I have since cropped the shaggy 70s hairdo.
You remind me of someone. I just can't place who. No one bad, though.
Post Reply