What are you listening to/watching?

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Re: What are you listening to/watching?

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 14:44

Once again, my son had tortured me with these videos called "Zool Babies" by Videogyan.

Okay, so here's my :eng: Nazi rant. I apologize out there in advance if you happen to love Zool Babies, Videogyan, or happen to speak the way folks do on these videos. Please find it in your hearts to bear with me a tisch. Or just ignore this post.

Millions and millions of children in India, and even here in 'Murica, among other crime-scenes, are being taught horrific unEnglish.

Among some frequent violations:
1) Turning mass-nouns into plurals with /s/: "Let's play with doughs", "I brought lots of monies". [:S]
2) Frequently deleting the pronoun /it/ from sentences that would require it. This is not SPANISH, folks! [D;]
3) Ridiculous prosody, or the complete futution of actual stress. Stressing the last syllable incorrectly is the most frquent ear-worthy example. And it's funny, because it makes the singer sound like they are indicating that they are unsure about that they have just sung. Guess what? Me, too. [:'(]
4) FTW failing at onomatopeia. It was painfully clear that in songs which include onomatopeia (of animals, specifically) the lyricists were using the lower-end English-Hindi dictionaries scored at the airport gift shop.
They get points for "the lion goes roar" and "the wolf goes howl".
They barely get a pass for "the rhino goes bellow".
But "the monkey goes cheek"? "the elephant goes trumpet"? "the panda goes squeak"?
http://www.writtensound.com/index.php?search=monkey
http://www.writtensound.com/index.php?term=elephant
https://forum.wordreference.com/threads ... a.2770312/
https://www.quora.com/What-sound-does-a-panda-make

Shame on you, Zool Babies, shame!

5) Utterly WTF10 solecisms that I can only guess are kewl turns of phrase in Indian English:
'gets in hop' for something like 'hop right in' or 'get in the car'; 'get its sight' for 'Look at that!" or "Take a look at that".

6) Utterly, utterly terrible parenting. Like Mister Drummond from "Diff'rent Strokes" level of bad parenting.
[:(] [:'(]

Still, some of the beats are earworm-worthy. Like best of bolly meets Cumbia good.

Looking at it another way, this is a wonderful time-capsule of the beginnings of the yet further dialectalization and encroaching senescence of ole Mudder :eng:.

:roll:

I think I'm done Sindh-sinning for now.

Whoops. Nope.
PS:

Zool Babies? ZOOL??
What happened to 'Zoo'? I suppose avoidance of copyright infringement maneouvre
Makes me think of the Gozerian word Zuul.
http://download-tv.com/uploads/posts/20 ... scene.jpeg

Zuul Babies, by videoGozer.
That's about right.
[>_<]
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 15:14

Wow. Guess you're just not a fans of language changes. Mean, is the foundations for most of linguisticsés. I guess you know what they say, the fox goes ringeringingdingdinglingering. Oh I need my child to get out the hopper. He must have goten in the hop when I wasn't looking. I hope there isn't a woodchipper at the base.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
Lao Kou
korean
korean

Post by Lao Kou » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 15:33

From the sound of things, I guess I'm glad I haven't the slightest notion of what you two are talking about. [O.O]
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
KaiTheHomoSapien
sinic
sinic

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 17:56

Lambuzhao wrote: 3) Ridiculous prosody, or the complete futution of actual stress. Stressing the last syllable incorrectly is the most frequent ear-worthy example. And it's funny, because it makes the singer sound like they are indicating that they are unsure about that they have just sung. Guess what? Me, too. [:'(]
"Futution"--that's a good word :)

One thing I've noticed from listening to J-pop is that in Japanese songs, the same word could be stressed three different ways in the same song. It really seems to matter not a bit to them (sung Japanese seems to have different pronunciation and prosodic rules from spoken). In English-language music, it just sounds lazy.
Don't live to conlang; conlang to live.

My conlang: Image Lihmelinyan
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 18:13

qwed117 wrote:Wow. Guess you're just not a fans of language changes. Mean, is the foundations for most of linguisticsés. I guess you know what they say, the fox goes ringeringingdingdinglingering. Oh I need my child to get out the hopper. He must have goten in the hop when I wasn't looking. I hope there isn't a woodchipper at the base.
*hem* *hough* (summons best mashup of Carl Sagan/David Attenborough/John Hurt narrator voice):

Looking at it another way, this is a rare glimpse, a veritable time-capsule, if you will, of the beginnings of the proliferation of the tiny infant dialect hatchlings, as they feast upon the twitching corpse of their moribund mother. It is this last selfless act of linguistic altruism that gives the billions and billions of fledgling congeners the needed strength to spin their silken dangling participles, and cast themselves headlong into the hurly-burly fierce winds of «¿what will be the next IAL?»

[:|]

I'll still be riding my good ship of the Imagination thru it all.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 2e351b.jpg

Prolly with Vangelis blasting in dodecaphonic sound.
Pangalactic gargle-blasters, anyone?
[;)]
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 18:16

KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:
Lambuzhao wrote: 3) Ridiculous prosody, or the complete futution of actual stress. Stressing the last syllable incorrectly is the most frequent ear-worthy example. And it's funny, because it makes the singer sound like they are indicating that they are unsure about that they have just sung. Guess what? Me, too. [:'(]
"Futution"--that's a good word :)

One thing I've noticed from listening to J-pop is that in Japanese songs, the same word could be stressed three different ways in the same song. It really seems to matter not a bit to them (sung Japanese seems to have different pronunciation and prosodic rules from spoken). In English-language music, it just sounds lazy.
Of course, there's the much rougher braccate futution. But I didn't think the true believers would be ready for that one - Yowza!

A sophomoric knowledge of :lat: is a bad, bad thing.
[xD]
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 18:19

Lao Kou wrote:From the sound of things, I guess I'm glad I haven't the slightest notion of what you two are talking about. [O.O]
Ur defs the lucky one.
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 18:24

:idea:

U kno, on reflection, the hoarder instinct is twitching within. I believe I shall take some of qwed's suggestion to heart, and embrace about 50~62% of Zuul Babbies' WTF solecisms. I think I'm going to loan-translate them into my :con: langs Hwa An, and possibly Rozwi.

:wat: :wat: :wat: :wat:

Thanks, Zuul Bubbies!
[}:D]
Ælfwine
greek
greek

Post by Ælfwine » Sun 06 Aug 2017, 23:33

@Lambuzhao

If you ask me, we should all go back to ooking and eeking, grunting and squeaking. Dang youngins with their "language."
The worst thing you can do to an idea is forget about it.
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Mon 07 Aug 2017, 03:41

@Ælfwine:

Dang diggity ding-dong-doodley babies with their language.
I'm afraid, like rock-n-roll, language is here to stay.
[:S]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufbom2jBMdE
:mrgreen:
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Mon 07 Aug 2017, 04:15

Moondog - Witch of Endor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSb1kP9slm8

Moondog - Pastoral
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyjoYGGlNw

Moondog - Moondog Symphony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bxoxtalGU

Moondog - Elf Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umi-v-JqqJo

[O.O]
Simple, irresistible, inevitable.
eldin raigmore
fire
fire

Post by eldin raigmore » Wed 09 Aug 2017, 13:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGLXJPj60k
and other Voice of Baceprot music
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sat 12 Aug 2017, 10:54

All4Ɇn & I see a fairie fly
Then ignite the Improbability Drive
and off we go like lightning
thru the darkling viscous treacle of the Internet

Hitchhiker's Guide (moovie) Infinite Improbability Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsK6aRuSBIc

Or, if yer an old fuddy-duddy like me,
Hitchhiker's Guide (BBC tv series) Infinite Improbability Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEqIt-NUSY

Which inevitably makes me think of this:
YES - Don't Kill the Whale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdNWTT0mcmY

Next stop: Tau Pavonis (i think)

Douglas Adams, YEP
alynnidalar
roman
roman

Post by alynnidalar » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 02:04

Finally got around to watching Wonder Woman! It was awesome and I really wish I would've gone and watched it earlier. I'm so glad it's still in theaters. Wonder Woman is just really, really cool in it, and I love that they were able to balance her as this incredible fighter with someone who's genuinely thrilled to be alive, and delighted at the new things she comes across. Way too often, movies seem to think that "tough female fighter" is equivalent with "no emotions, must be as masculine as possible, cannot enjoy anything".

Anyway, the movie was full of joy and hope and was lovely. The story was very fun and the actors were great. I also enjoyed the music and the colors, if that's not a weird thing to enjoy; it had a great contrast between different environments and situations, from the sunny shores of Themyscira to washed-out wartime London and Europe, to brilliant colors at the climax. It was quite pretty to look at.

I haven't even cared about watching previous DC movies in the "new" universe, but I'm finding myself oddly excited now. Hope they don't totally screw things up from this point on, although I'm sure they'll manage it somehow!
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 22:19

Finally got around to watching Wonder Woman! It was awesome
I agree [:D]
and I really wish I would've gone and watched it earlier.

me,too [:S]
Wonder Woman is just really, really cool in it, and I love that they were able to balance her as this incredible fighter with someone who's genuinely thrilled to be alive, and delighted at the new things she comes across.
Yes, Yes, YES!
[}:D]
Way too often, movies seem to think that "tough female fighter" is equivalent with "no emotions, must be as masculine as possible, cannot enjoy anything".
yes yes yes. [D:]
Anyway, the movie was full of joy and hope and was lovely. The story was very fun and the actors were great.

Good points! :mrgreen:
I also enjoyed the music and the colors, if that's not a weird thing to enjoy;
Not a prob at all
it had a great contrast between different environments and situations, from the sunny shores of Themyscira to washed-out wartime London and Europe, to brilliant colors at the climax. It was quite pretty to look at.
Good æsthetic contrast, ¿no?
I haven't even cared about watching previous DC movies in the "new" universe,
ur not alone [¬.¬]
but I'm finding myself oddly excited now. Hope they don't totally screw things up from this point on, although I'm sure they'll manage it somehow!
[>:)]
Not holding my breath about DC after the ¿FTW? Suicide Squad. Which was what helped Wonder Woman win me over as a powerhouse of a pretty much all-around enjoyable movie, without all the "universe building" shite'n'tatties heaped on her shoulders, or the Sturm und Drang of Gotham this, Gotham that. I would almost consider the way Gal Gadot plays Diana's lawful good nobility as akin to the Christopher Reeve Man of Steel (I hope I'm not putting her into the cheesy-zone). :roll:
alynnidalar
roman
roman

Post by alynnidalar » Mon 14 Aug 2017, 03:49

Actually, that reminds me of another great thing--the movie was just so genuine about her morality and nobility. It's exactly the way I like to see Wonder Woman (and Superman, for that matter) presented--full of hope. And I didn't find it cheesy at all. It struck me a bit like Captain America (different war, of course!) in that the movie never mocked the hero for being pure and good-hearted, but rather showed that as their strength. It's refreshing.

(Batman's allowed to be a bit grumpier, but don't get me started on how he's portrayed in the most recent movies... a HUGE part of him in the comics is his relationship with his "family"--most of whom aren't related by blood, but by choice. But no, it's gotta all be doom and gloom and no humor or healthy relationships whatsoever.)
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Mon 14 Aug 2017, 05:51

oh yes, definite parallel with Cap'n America.
[tick]
Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » Tue 15 Aug 2017, 14:01

Laughing my way towards Utter All-Out Nuclear Confrontation and the inevitable Planet of the Apes Glorious Simian Peoples' Happytimes Revolution just around its corner, I discover Bulgasari the Impossible Iron Biter (my epithet) on Jonathan Oliver.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 032da0.jpg
Cannot wait to put that up on my shelf over the cash-register of my store [;)]

Wow. My childhood was rescucitated out of a Mumm-Ra slumber: Giant Gorgon Robutt - ATTACK!

That's the weird metallic bull gorgon I was referring to, o ye deprived of AD&D lore

BTW, not that it matters much, but I approve of John's new moniker as Spance Morgendorffer (cannot tell if there are Dœtinchem/heavy metal umlauts there).
[+1]
sangi39

Post by sangi39 » Wed 16 Aug 2017, 22:01

You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » Thu 17 Aug 2017, 21:25

Kang Ding Qing He
Light rock version

Part of my heritage as the owner of a Casio set.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.