You

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: You

Post by elemtilas » Sun 08 Oct 2017, 04:47

Dormouse559 wrote:
Egerius wrote:
Parlox wrote:Other hobbies: […] calligraphy.
Now we're four.
The calligraphers are taking over! Just when I thought it was safe to print.
Perhaps if we offer them all our gall ink they're leave us in peace!

Or at least show us some lovely lettercraft!

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius » Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:37

Well, I'm going through the trouble of making a computer font out of the textura hand used in the Hatton gospels and the proto-gothic hand used in the Textus Roffensis.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
OTʜᴇB
roman
roman

Post by OTʜᴇB » Sun 08 Oct 2017, 12:24

Hmmm. I can't remember the last time I updated this, and I have no idea what I put in. This will either be identical or completely different to the last one...

Alias(es): OTheB or some variation such as 0TheB or of course OTʜᴇB
Date of birth: Summer, 2000
Interests: Too many - most to do with computers or maths.
Favourite music: It varies. I'll like pretty much anything if I find it musically interesting. Most of it is classical, but I like my funk too.
Political ideology: Somewhere a bit to the left I think? I'm not really sure. I've created my own set of philosophies and morals over time and there is no group I can fit into.
Conlangs: Inyi (failed first conlang), about 5 failed loglangs, engelangs, and philosolangs, Dijo (isolating a priori that didn't do too badly), Language 8 (current project that is basically Dijo with a new phonology and improved grammar).
Other hobbies: Too many - most to do with computers or maths.
Where do you see yourself in ten years? In some kind of employment with a degree in something. Maybe in another country, but I make languages much better than I learn them.
:con: : Dijo
:con: : Language 8 (Reviving Dijo)

BTW I use Arch
Coveny
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Coveny » Fri 17 Nov 2017, 20:57

Hello

Alias(es): Cov
Date of birth: Feb 29 1972
Interests: Debating, reading, watching TV/Movies, changing the world, and apparently conlangs now
Favorite music: almost anything
Political ideology: Everyone deserves food, shelter, and clothing
Conlangs: None yet
Other hobbies: Gaming
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Semi-retired

New to the ConLang thing, but I find it interesting as a possibility for IAL. I'm not happy with the languages that I've seen thus far so I've decided to go down the rabbit hole that is this jargon heavy highly detailed road of phonetics. I would love to chat with someone knowledgeable of international phonetics.

From what I have read I found Morneau's phonetic alphabet and I'm looking to get it translated into the current form of the IPA. http://www.rickmor.x10.mx/phonology.html is a link to the article and here is a link to alphabet I'm looking to get converted to the current IPA - http://www.rickmor.x10.mx/segmental_phonemes.png

Also has anyone else attempted to replicate Morneau's work to find common phonetic sounds across major languages?

Thanks,
Mark
ForDebating.com is coming in February. A debating website that I hope to populate with intelligent critical debator. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating

Feature comparison chart
shimobaatar
darkness
darkness

Post by shimobaatar » Mon 20 Nov 2017, 17:03

Welcome, Coveny!