WTF Moments in History

Discussions regarding actual culture and history of Earth.
eldin raigmore
fire
fire

Re: WTF Moments in History

Post by eldin raigmore » Wed 24 Dec 2014, 19:38

I think the North Korean government shot itself in the foot with its overstrong reaction.
If they'd just said (quietly and only once) "it's going to be a sucky movie", and then when it came out everyone agreed (and Sony lost money), that would have been much better revenge.
Just IMO, of course.
alynnidalar
roman
roman

Post by alynnidalar » Wed 24 Dec 2014, 22:12

eldin raigmore wrote: In recent years there have been several instances where people confuse bad manners with crime and sin.
"Etiquette" is "ethics in the small". A breach of etiquette is just not worth getting that mad about.
I think making the film was a breach of etiquette.
I agree that the movie is in poor taste and probably a terrible movie, but to put it frankly, the North Korean government is one of the last group of people on this entire planet that I would waste any of my life being concerned over being rude to.

The whole situation is utterly absurd and rather hilarious, though, from an outside view of it.
threecat
sinic
sinic

Post by threecat » Fri 02 Jan 2015, 20:50

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:55

I wouldn't say so. That doesn't make it WTF, the fact that it was just supposed to be a show of power! There was no real reason for fighting. India does have purpose in fighting though, the water from that glacier feeds some Kashmiris and Ladakhis
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.