Jokes

Discussions regarding actual culture and history of Earth.
User avatar
Dormouse559
moderator
moderator
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sat 10 Nov 2012, 20:52
Location: California

Re: Jokes

Post by Dormouse559 » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 23:17

What kind of rifle did Annie Oakley use when she performed for a Japanese noble?

A show gun!
User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:22

Re: Jokes

Post by loglorn » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 23:52

Dormouse559 wrote:What kind of rifle did Annie Oakley use when she performed for a Japanese noble?

A show gun!
*facepalm*
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
shimobaatar
darkness
darkness
Posts: 10029
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013, 22:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Jokes

Post by shimobaatar » Sat 26 Sep 2015, 23:54

Dormouse559 wrote:What kind of rifle did Annie Oakley use when she performed for a Japanese noble?

A show gun!
[:D]
User avatar
eldin raigmore
fire
fire
Posts: 6095
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 18:38
Location: SouthEast Michigan

Re: Jokes

Post by eldin raigmore » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 03:25

shimobaatar wrote:
Dormouse559 wrote:What kind of rifle did Annie Oakley use when she performed for a Japanese noble?
A show gun!
[:D]
[+1] to the [:D]
User avatar
Shrdlu
greek
greek
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:33

Re: Jokes

Post by Shrdlu » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 13:24

There this story about the transvestite who, after a protracted legal battle, the press reported was court ordered to stay mum when it came to child support.
I kill threads!
User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5643
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Jokes

Post by Lao Kou » Sun 27 Sep 2015, 14:27

Shrdlu wrote:There this story about the transvestite who, after a protracted legal battle, the press reported was court ordered to stay mum when it came to child support.
Image ?


Mums the word.
Det var mums.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
User avatar
eldin raigmore
fire
fire
Posts: 6095
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 18:38
Location: SouthEast Michigan

Re: Jokes

Post by eldin raigmore » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 00:27

https://www.facebook.com/grammarly/phot ... nref=story
I wonder whether anyone else will be able to see this?
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Jokes

Post by Khemehekis » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 01:03

eldin raigmore wrote:https://www.facebook.com/grammarly/phot ... nref=story
I wonder whether anyone else will be able to see this?
Oh, I get it. The space bar.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 57,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: Jokes

Post by qwed117 » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 01:05

Khemehekis wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:https://www.facebook.com/grammarly/phot ... nref=story
I wonder whether anyone else will be able to see this?
Oh, I get it. The space bar.
It took me a good five minutes
"Keyboard?"
"Space Key?"
"Space Button?"
"Space Board?"
"Space Bar?"
"SPACE BAR?!?!?!?"
"That's actually it?!"
Last edited by qwed117 on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
Shrdlu
greek
greek
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:33

Re: Jokes

Post by Shrdlu » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 01:07

nobody got the one I made? [>_<]
I kill threads!
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: Jokes

Post by qwed117 » Mon 28 Sep 2015, 01:13

Shrdlu wrote:nobody got the one I made? [>_<]
Image
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
Sḿtuval
greek
greek
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed 09 Oct 2013, 23:56
Location: California

Re: Jokes

Post by Sḿtuval » Sun 04 Oct 2015, 22:36

What did the Brazilian guy say when he got punched in the face? ÃO!

yes i know its terrible but who cares
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu 20 Nov 2014, 02:27

Re: Jokes

Post by qwed117 » Sun 04 Oct 2015, 22:40

Sḿtuval wrote:What did the Brazilian guy say when he got punched in the face? ÃO!

yes i know its terrible but who cares
I get that ao is ow but I don't get the punchline as it connects to the joke.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.
User avatar
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015, 23:22
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Jokes

Post by GrandPiano » Sat 07 Nov 2015, 19:20

This is a Mandarin joke I found recently:

天不怕,地不怕,只怕广东人说普通话!

Translation: I don't fear heaven, I don't fear hell, I only fear people from Guangdong speaking Putonghua!

(Guangdong is a province of China where Cantonese is spoken, and Putonghua is standard Mandarin)
:eng: - Native
:chn: - B2
:esp: - A2
:jpn: - A2
User avatar
Egerius
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2412
Joined: Thu 12 Sep 2013, 20:29
Location: Not Rodentèrra
Contact:

Re: Jokes

Post by Egerius » Sat 07 Nov 2015, 19:41

GrandPiano wrote:This is a Mandarin joke I found recently:

天不怕,地不怕,只怕广东人说普通话!

Translation: I don't fear heaven, I don't fear hell, I only fear people from Guangdong speaking Putonghua!

(Guangdong is a province of China where Cantonese is spoken, and Putonghua is standard Mandarin)
I don't get it. They still can pass written text to each other.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
User avatar
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015, 23:22
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Jokes

Post by GrandPiano » Sat 07 Nov 2015, 22:28

I think the joke is that it's hard to understand Guandongers when they speak. Writing materials aren't always available.
:eng: - Native
:chn: - B2
:esp: - A2
:jpn: - A2
User avatar
eldin raigmore
fire
fire
Posts: 6095
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 18:38
Location: SouthEast Michigan

Re: Jokes

Post by eldin raigmore » Sun 08 Nov 2015, 04:11

As for me: I don't fear Heaven; I don't fear Hell; I fear only Yankees misusing "y'all" to a singular addressee.
User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sun 20 Oct 2013, 01:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Jokes

Post by Ahzoh » Sun 08 Nov 2015, 04:13

eldin raigmore wrote:As for me: I don't fear Heaven; I don't fear Hell; I fear only Yankees misusing "y'all" to a singular addressee.
Or people saying all y'all.
Image Ӯсцӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Vṛḵažaẇ (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
User avatar
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015, 23:22
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Jokes

Post by GrandPiano » Sun 08 Nov 2015, 04:35

Ahzoh wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:As for me: I don't fear Heaven; I don't fear Hell; I fear only Yankees misusing "y'all" to a singular addressee.
Or people saying all y'all.
My school orchestra conductor sometimes jokingly says "all y'alls".
:eng: - Native
:chn: - B2
:esp: - A2
:jpn: - A2
User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:22

Re: Jokes

Post by loglorn » Sun 08 Nov 2015, 12:34

Ahzoh wrote:
eldin raigmore wrote:As for me: I don't fear Heaven; I don't fear Hell; I fear only Yankees misusing "y'all" to a singular addressee.
Or people saying all y'all.
I consoder y'all to be just second person plural, so all y'all doesn't sound particularly wrong to me.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Post Reply