The Beginners' Corner is the latest addition to the forums of the cbb. This is the place where you can ask basic questions about topics relating to con-stuff, linguistics, or any of the other fields of interest here at the board.
For people asking questions:
• Make sure you actually know what you are asking.
• Don't ask something that you already think you know the answer to.
• Check with Google and Wikipedia before asking here. Simple questions that could've been answered by 10 seconds on Google do not belong here. If, however, you don't find what you are looking for, or if you're not understanding the explanations or interpretations given there, then you can feel free to ask here!
• Be polite and thankful. Remember that people who will try to help you out here are doing it on their free time out of free will.
For people answering questions:
• Make sure you actually know what you are talking about.
• Try to give simpler explanations, if it were a very technical question it wouldn't belong here in the first place.
• Avoid making large walls of text.
• Be patient and polite.
If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Sound change works in mysterious ways.