Con-Script Development Centre

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

Post by Thrice Xandvii » Fri 08 Sep 2017, 22:29

As some of you may know, I've begun working on my first "logographic" script. It is heavily based on an existing real world script called Tangut. However, the current design makes me worry it is too derivative. I have made many modifications to the order and placement of elements but relatively few to the form: with the notable exception of adding in some glyph shapes that don't ever appear in Tangut.

So, my question is, does anyone have any thoughts?

There are three characters in my sig and a bunch more on the Frath page: https://www.frathwiki.com/Vung_D%C3%A1c_T%C3%B5
Ahzoh
korean
korean

Post by Ahzoh » Wed 06 Dec 2017, 19:24

I've been working on a horizontal script for Onschen. I want it to be a syllabary, but it will likely be an abugida. As for its letterforms, I'm trying to make it a mix between Devanagari and Mongolian alphabets, without trying to make it look like either.

The writing system was originally written on the bones of various marine mammals, like seals and whales, which are apparently a bit grainy. Hence, the letter forms consist of straight lines at various angles (usually increments of 15 degrees) and wide curves.
The bottom one got cut out a bit since I haven't figure out how to get parts of letters to go to the line above if possible.

Also, anybody got idea for letterforms?
Image Ӯсцӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image ʾEšd Yatvṛḵažaẇ (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Ahzoh
korean
korean

Post by Ahzoh » Thu 07 Dec 2017, 23:43

I actually made a lot of modifications to letters and now they have word-initial forms:
Image Ӯсцӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image ʾEšd Yatvṛḵažaẇ (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]