The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by elemtilas » Sun 31 Jul 2016, 12:54

Khemehekis wrote:
elemtilas wrote:Updated to here!
You still haven't fixed Loglorn's Gigxkpoyan.
Ah, for want of an aitch!
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Khemehekis » Sat 19 Nov 2016, 06:25

Kankonian now has 52,500 words.

Also:

Kankonian: Artlang (1996); a priori, agglutinative; geopoetical orientation; 50000 words: from the planet of a spacefaring people.

Should read:

Kankonian: Artlang (1996); a priori, agglutinative; 52500 words; geopoetical orientation: from the planet of a spacefaring people.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 55,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Wario Toad 32
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun 19 Jun 2016, 20:42
Location: Frankthorf, Falochland

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Wario Toad 32 » Sat 19 Nov 2016, 19:11

Faloch: West Germanic Posteriori, Diachronic Experiment, Althistory

Evolved from old high German around 1300AD.

Example
I have made a Conlang.
Ech hobën gamocht ën Konstspraich.
/εx hɔbən gamɑxt ən kɔnstspʀaix/.
User avatar
Sḿtuval
greek
greek
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed 09 Oct 2013, 23:56
Location: somewhere

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Sḿtuval » Sun 04 Dec 2016, 07:07

I'd like you to remove Kauzasian for now, given that I'm in the process of making so many changes the current information wouldn't be at all relevant and it's no longer called that. Even if I keep at it and build it back up again quickly it'd be a while before I posted anything substantive.

I'd like to think Pieveian is presentable now, so I'll put in a couple links here: CBB CWS

It's not neart as much as some of the other ones listed here, but it's the most I have on a conlang that I've bothered to post.

Some info about it: Pieveian (Jan. 2016) is a Western Romance language (whose more precise classification isn't as clear) meant to be spoken near northern Italy or Switzerland. A notable feature is that the "hard/soft" distinction typical of <c> and <g> in romlangs applies to <t d s z x n l> as well.

EDIT: I'd also like you to add the Ydtobogan language family (2014), which I don't have any specific links for, but I do have some general information. It's my first attempt at a language family. Most of the languages are characterized by large vowel inventories (usually at least eight vowels), fusional morphology, duodecimal number system, noun case, the use of a question particle even in non-polar questions, an clusivity distinction in the first person plural, etc. There are other common features, but they're either insignificant IMO or likely to become uncommon.
Rev ṭe e mxe mèrzar konid.
/ɹev t͡ɕe e m.xe mèɹ.zɑɹ ko.nid/
User avatar
Reyzadren
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun 14 May 2017, 09:39
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Reyzadren » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 01:53

Adding my conlang to the conlang census:

griuskant: Conworld language, agglutinative, SVO, direct trigger, head-final, alphabetic conscript
* http://www.frathwiki.com/griuskant
Last edited by Reyzadren on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 01:33, edited 3 times in total.
Image Soundcloud Profile | Image griuskant conlang
User avatar
OTʜᴇB
roman
roman
Posts: 935
Joined: Sat 14 May 2016, 10:59
Location: SW England

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by OTʜᴇB » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 09:52

I think it's about time I get Dijo on here.


Dijo: (2016) Mostly isolating a priori personal language with OSV order. Uses a logographic script.
The aim is to make a usable language to teach to a small indeterminate group and create a very small community that can aid with expansion of the language.
CBB link - Logographic adventure
:con: : Dijo
:con: : Language 8 (Reviving Dijo)

BTW I use Arch
User avatar
Dezinaa
roman
roman
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun 13 Oct 2013, 19:33
Location: tunta, àn paànmúnu’ai

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Dezinaa » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:08

Otvei: Artlang (2016); agglutinative, nom-acc alignment, featural syllabic alphabet.
User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed 17 May 2017, 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by GamerGeek » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:35

Dezinaa wrote:featural syllabic alphabet.
Isn't that an abugida?
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.
User avatar
Creyeditor
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue 14 Aug 2012, 18:32

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Creyeditor » Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:42

Is Hangeul an Abugida?
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :fra: 4 :esp: 4 :ind:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
User avatar
Dezinaa
roman
roman
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun 13 Oct 2013, 19:33
Location: tunta, àn paànmúnu’ai

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Dezinaa » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 04:19

GamerGeek wrote:
Dezinaa wrote:featural syllabic alphabet.
Isn't that an abugida?
I don't think so. An abugida places primary importance on consonants, and vowels are secondary. This conscript is more like Hangul in that vowels and consonants are equally important. I've heard Hangul called an alphabet, but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term. So that's why I used it to describe my conscript as well.
User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed 17 May 2017, 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by GamerGeek » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 04:34

Dezinaa wrote: ... but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term.
AKA Abugida (According to Omniglot)
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.
User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1998
Joined: Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:22

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by loglorn » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 04:40

GamerGeek wrote:
Dezinaa wrote: ... but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term.
AKA Abugida (According to Omniglot)
I don't know what's Omniglot's criteria, but Dezinaa is clearly making a distinction here between an Abugida, that is, primary consonant glyphs with secondary vowel diacritics, versus what he calls a syllabic alphabet, which seems to be vowels and consonants having the same status, which constitutes an alphabet, but while the glyphs are organized in syllabic blocks, hence the ' syllabic' label.

I also agree tha Hangeul is an alphabet, BTW.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed 17 May 2017, 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by GamerGeek » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 06:36

loglorn wrote:
GamerGeek wrote:
Dezinaa wrote: ... but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term.
AKA Abugida (According to Omniglot)
I don't know what's Omniglot's criteria, but Dezinaa is clearly making a distinction here between an Abugida, that is, primary consonant glyphs with secondary vowel diacritics, versus what he calls a syllabic alphabet, which seems to be vowels and consonants having the same status, which constitutes an alphabet, but while the glyphs are organized in syllabic blocks, hence the ' syllabic' label.
fair enough
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.
User avatar
Frislander
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat 14 May 2016, 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Frislander » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:31

GamerGeek wrote:
loglorn wrote:
GamerGeek wrote:
Dezinaa wrote: ... but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term.
AKA Abugida (According to Omniglot)
I don't know what's Omniglot's criteria, but Dezinaa is clearly making a distinction here between an Abugida, that is, primary consonant glyphs with secondary vowel diacritics, versus what he calls a syllabic alphabet, which seems to be vowels and consonants having the same status, which constitutes an alphabet, but while the glyphs are organized in syllabic blocks, hence the ' syllabic' label.
fair enough
When it comes to real-world writing systems Hangeul and Pahawh Hmong fits that description.
User avatar
OTʜᴇB
roman
roman
Posts: 935
Joined: Sat 14 May 2016, 10:59
Location: SW England

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by OTʜᴇB » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 17:15

Dezinaa wrote:
GamerGeek wrote:
Dezinaa wrote:featural syllabic alphabet.
Isn't that an abugida?
I don't think so. An abugida places primary importance on consonants, and vowels are secondary. This conscript is more like Hangul in that vowels and consonants are equally important. I've heard Hangul called an alphabet, but I think syllabic alphabet would be a more descriptive term. So that's why I used it to describe my conscript as well.
You're thinking Alphasyllabary. These are the best type of writing systems. The top list is:
  1. Alphasyllabary
  2. Logography
  3. Syllabary
  4. Abugida
  5. Alphabet
  6. Abjad
:con: : Dijo
:con: : Language 8 (Reviving Dijo)

BTW I use Arch
User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed 17 May 2017, 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by GamerGeek » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 17:31

OTʜᴇB wrote:These are the best type of writing systems.
I find Hangul and OA confusing to read.
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.
User avatar
Reyzadren
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun 14 May 2017, 09:39
Contact:

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Reyzadren » Sun 11 Jun 2017, 02:07

Re-adding my conlang to the census after its most recent update.
Last edited by Reyzadren on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 01:32, edited 2 times in total.
Image Soundcloud Profile | Image griuskant conlang
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by elemtilas » Sun 11 Jun 2017, 02:27

Updated to 10 June 2017
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Axiem
sinic
sinic
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat 10 Sep 2016, 05:56

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Axiem » Sun 11 Jun 2017, 02:42

I don't think Kuvian is quite up to being included quite yet (it languishes while I focus on world-building), but it's in my signature, as it were.
Conworld: Mto
:con: : Kuvian
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by elemtilas » Sun 11 Jun 2017, 02:44

Axiem wrote:I don't think Kuvian is quite up to being included quite yet (it languishes while I focus on world-building), but it's in my signature, as it were.
It'll get there one day, I hope! When it does, please do let us know so it can be included!
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Post Reply