What did you accomplish today?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
shimobaatar
darkness
darkness
Posts: 9442
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013, 22:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by shimobaatar » Wed 17 Jan 2018, 23:49

The natural solution would be for one of us board members to make a new entry for "clongo" on Urban Dictionary. [:P]
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Khemehekis » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 03:14

I have a new undertaking with regards to Kankonian today. To find (and fill) gaps in the grammar and lexicon, I've decided to translate my Millennial rock musical The Bittersweet Generation (http://khemehekis.angelfire.com/bittersweetgen.pdf ) into Kankonian. My musical standing at 184 pages, this is quite the undertaking, but I feel Kankonian is robust enough to handle it.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 56,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by elemtilas » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 03:48

shimobaatar wrote:
Wed 17 Jan 2018, 23:49
The natural solution would be for one of us board members to make a new entry for "clongo" on Urban Dictionary. [:P]
Please no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtYE7k2kSo
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:48

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by elemtilas » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 04:01

Khemehekis wrote:
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 03:14
I have a new undertaking with regards to Kankonian today. To find (and fill) gaps in the grammar and lexicon, I've decided to translate my Millennial rock musical The Bittersweet Generation (http://khemehekis.angelfire.com/bittersweetgen.pdf ) into Kankonian. My musical standing at 184 pages, this is quite the undertaking, but I feel Kankonian is robust enough to handle it.
Great good luck with that project!!
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Khemehekis » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 04:15

elemtilas wrote:
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 04:01
Great good luck with that project!!
Izar! (Thanks!)

I've already translated the beginning (everything before Act I, Scene 1 gets down to business). See http://khemehekis.angelfire.com/bittersweetgen.pdf for an English translation.

In Kankonian:
Spoiler:
Bombom Tshiudan
Paangmang mui aphas dyu James Landau
Ozuvwi dyu Gordon Hunrick mui James Landau mui John Hensle


Alpore as vainatz kam sas az kam wan shumiras e.
--Voltaire

ZIE

ABOSPAS

Melanie Hayworth
Bryce Schlitter
Paul Moreno
Alan Isaacs
Trina Evangelisti
Sarah Chiang

EVER STORMANES

Meghan Conlan zash meshi ad Melanie
Lindsay Bricker zash meshi ad Melanie
Tony Mazzocco zash tamin na Unfresh
Danny Sanguinetti zash tamin na Unfresh
Chris Blehm zash storman na dand
Kate Kim zash tamin na Unfresh
Tom Pham zash iu*azhom tamin na Unfresh
Rostam Zavvar zash iu*azhom tamin na Unfresh
Helias Christides zash tamin na Unfresh
Nadia Kirschenbaum zash gathik
Jake Cook zash hoghaf
Jocelyn Poirier zash uagis meaduag

KHOROMES

Gary Burdick zash uigard id Inglish
Judy Dahlgren zash uigard id aidispos
Carol Marciniak zash tastedspladikis
Dazirzis Bill Schurz
Dazirzis Sheldon Malinowitz
Kamakhis George H. Pittman
Leremis Graham Forbes
Meidzha Walter Gabelko zash hekhafis ad JROTC
Raúl Moreno zash hoimas ad Paul
Bamleremis Paulina Blumberg
Sanjay Ghosh
Scott Orozco zash uigard id ishantas
Richard Haddad
Lawanor id na Sellers

ASHMUIUKHES

Babaritas na zapoko
Brogas na zapoko
Lotkares khorom e *ihukh
Sharman
Helemas ad Tom Pham
Tamines na Re-17
Helemas ad Shane Gerber
Bein hel horoboses fompi
Piva hel nephus spibui
Bein hel hakamar na khour
Ireri telemas

LASTRIVIO NAOZUVWI

SHIENG ZASH 1
Duzhinires Drom (hali stormanes)
Roshtu (Paul)
Bayis na Benetton (Sarah)
Vudagam na Ort (Alan mui Melanie mui Bryce)
Wir Wahazas Anayal Muye (Melanie mui Bryce)
Baitzit (Trina)
In Huzhus (Bryce)

SHIENG ZASH 2
16, 18, 21 (Melanie mui Bryce mui Paul mui Alan mui Trina mui Sarah)
Emenos Storman (Melanie mui Bryce mui Paul mui Alan mui Trina mui Sarah)
Kirik Karak mui Oelyowo (Melanie)
Badkas Hapatruas (Alan mui Paul)
Kehedio na Eden (Melanie mui Bryce)
Mahan Apayas Ar Hwikizen Hous (Melanie mui Bryce)
Halis As Khatz (Alan mui Trina)
Vudagam na Ort (loiyayar) (Alan)
Meyez Oor Wir (Re-17)

SHIENG ZASH 3
Ziyen hous Stormanes (Pittman mui Orozco mui Blumberg mui Dahlgren mui Paul mui Alan mui Meghan)
Margess ad Ladases (Pittman)
Se (Melanie)
Bowofrez (Sarah)
Zha Telemas na Bayis, Layinet (hali telemas na Dulcevida syeph Blehm)
Zes Mailes das Kampasov (tzailem)
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 56,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:13
Location: Carnassus

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Thrice Xandvii » Thu 18 Jan 2018, 18:15

I made a new avatar themed toward the forum design and using the Vingdagese character for 37.
Image
User avatar
gestaltist
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed 11 Feb 2015, 11:23

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by gestaltist » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 00:16

My Nakarian lexicon has reached 70 entries. Not much, but it's something.

Great avatar, Thrice. :)
User avatar
DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness
Posts: 4558
Joined: Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:16

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by DesEsseintes » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 02:46

gestaltist wrote:
Fri 19 Jan 2018, 00:16
My Nakarian lexicon has reached 70 entries. Not much, but it's something.

Great avatar, Thrice. :)
The Núta Lexicon has 25 words, disregarding plural formations and variants.
User avatar
Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness
Posts: 3823
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:13
Location: Carnassus

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Thrice Xandvii » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 05:45

gestaltist wrote:
Fri 19 Jan 2018, 00:16
Great avatar, Thrice. :)
Thanks!
Image
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Khemehekis » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 08:12

I agree, that's an awesome avatar. It even shows the order of strokes!

When Nakarian and Núta reach 100, be sure to post in this thread. Then we can have some e-cake.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 56,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7402
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012, 01:57

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Lambuzhao » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 12:47

WeepingElf wrote:
Sat 13 Jan 2018, 21:51
I have discovered a new sound rule in Old Albic, the "phangcva rule". In Old Albic, there is a dissimilation rule affecting aspirated stops which resembles Grassmann's Law in Greek: of two aspirated stops, the first loses the aspiration. So /thakh/ becomes /takh/. But there is an exception: if the first aspirate is in free position (i.e., immediately before a vowel) and the second in a cluster (followed by a consonant), the second one is deaspirated. This happened in the word phangcva 'hand; five' for which this rule is named: /phaŋkhwa/ > /phaŋkwa/. (The word is a cognate of PIE *penkwe 'five'.)
Also neat when you bump it up aganist Oscan fangva 'tongue', and it's Aspiration Metathesis from PIE *dn̥ǵʰwā > Pre-Oscan *dʰn̥ǵwā.

QV:
p. 304
https://books.google.com/books?id=a6DOu ... va&f=false

Also
TR's 5.10.2016 comment (ipso modo):
http://languagehat.com/indo-europeans-from-the-steppe/

[+1] :mrgreen:
User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7402
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012, 01:57

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Lambuzhao » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 12:50

Khemehekis wrote:
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 04:15
elemtilas wrote:
Thu 18 Jan 2018, 04:01
Great good luck with that project!!
Izar! (Thanks!)

I've already translated the beginning (everything before Act I, Scene 1 gets down to business). See http://khemehekis.angelfire.com/bittersweetgen.pdf for an English translation.

In Kankonian:
Spoiler:
Bombom Tshiudan
Paangmang mui aphas dyu James Landau
Ozuvwi dyu Gordon Hunrick mui James Landau mui John Hensle


Alpore as vainatz kam sas az kam wan shumiras e.
--Voltaire

ZIE

ABOSPAS

Melanie Hayworth
Bryce Schlitter
Paul Moreno
Alan Isaacs
Trina Evangelisti
Sarah Chiang

EVER STORMANES

Meghan Conlan zash meshi ad Melanie
Lindsay Bricker zash meshi ad Melanie
Tony Mazzocco zash tamin na Unfresh
Danny Sanguinetti zash tamin na Unfresh
Chris Blehm zash storman na dand
Kate Kim zash tamin na Unfresh
Tom Pham zash iu*azhom tamin na Unfresh
Rostam Zavvar zash iu*azhom tamin na Unfresh
Helias Christides zash tamin na Unfresh
Nadia Kirschenbaum zash gathik
Jake Cook zash hoghaf
Jocelyn Poirier zash uagis meaduag

KHOROMES

Gary Burdick zash uigard id Inglish
Judy Dahlgren zash uigard id aidispos
Carol Marciniak zash tastedspladikis
Dazirzis Bill Schurz
Dazirzis Sheldon Malinowitz
Kamakhis George H. Pittman
Leremis Graham Forbes
Meidzha Walter Gabelko zash hekhafis ad JROTC
Raúl Moreno zash hoimas ad Paul
Bamleremis Paulina Blumberg
Sanjay Ghosh
Scott Orozco zash uigard id ishantas
Richard Haddad
Lawanor id na Sellers

ASHMUIUKHES

Babaritas na zapoko
Brogas na zapoko
Lotkares khorom e *ihukh
Sharman
Helemas ad Tom Pham
Tamines na Re-17
Helemas ad Shane Gerber
Bein hel horoboses fompi
Piva hel nephus spibui
Bein hel hakamar na khour
Ireri telemas

LASTRIVIO NAOZUVWI

SHIENG ZASH 1
Duzhinires Drom (hali stormanes)
Roshtu (Paul)
Bayis na Benetton (Sarah)
Vudagam na Ort (Alan mui Melanie mui Bryce)
Wir Wahazas Anayal Muye (Melanie mui Bryce)
Baitzit (Trina)
In Huzhus (Bryce)

SHIENG ZASH 2
16, 18, 21 (Melanie mui Bryce mui Paul mui Alan mui Trina mui Sarah)
Emenos Storman (Melanie mui Bryce mui Paul mui Alan mui Trina mui Sarah)
Kirik Karak mui Oelyowo (Melanie)
Badkas Hapatruas (Alan mui Paul)
Kehedio na Eden (Melanie mui Bryce)
Mahan Apayas Ar Hwikizen Hous (Melanie mui Bryce)
Halis As Khatz (Alan mui Trina)
Vudagam na Ort (loiyayar) (Alan)
Meyez Oor Wir (Re-17)

SHIENG ZASH 3
Ziyen hous Stormanes (Pittman mui Orozco mui Blumberg mui Dahlgren mui Paul mui Alan mui Meghan)
Margess ad Ladases (Pittman)
Se (Melanie)
Bowofrez (Sarah)
Zha Telemas na Bayis, Layinet (hali telemas na Dulcevida syeph Blehm)
Zes Mailes das Kampasov (tzailem)

Ham fashin adwedesket ar!
:mrgreen:
User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat 14 May 2016, 17:47
Location: The North

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Frislander » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 13:30

I've picked up work on Keṭ Lixuem again, and in addition to shaking up the vowel diacritics (as discussed on the discord), I've also started making stative verbs, as well as a new dynamic root kom [kɒm] (pre-KL *taʔw-), with a kind of general meaning of "multiple individuals moving in different directions", with the following forms when combined with different theme suffixes:

kom-mu (with cislocative): "to gather, come together"
kom-pa (with translocative): "to spread out, scatter, disperse"
kom-mil (with vocal) : "to speak disjointedly, talk gibberish"

kikomalamilkiselakpuexpuos.
[kekɒmalamelkesʲɤlakpɯəxpuɵsʲ]
<ik>kom-al-a-mil-ki-sel(a)k-puex-puos
<PRF>kom-REP-ANI-VOC-CAUS-CESS-NEC-1PAUC
Apparently we have to make them stop talking nonsense.
User avatar
CarsonDaConlanger
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu 02 Nov 2017, 20:55

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by CarsonDaConlanger » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 16:18

I finished the basics for verbs in my language, giving them three conjugation classes: strong-no conjugation requires aux verbs for all forms; weak-conjugates to witness/nonwitness and present/future, but requires an aux verb(was) for past; and irregular-conjugates for past, present, and future, but not to evidential.
All verbs use the past tense of do to create a perfect, and past tense of was/did contraction to make past perfect.
Weak:
nala(want)
nale(present nonwitness)
nalal(present witness)
nalo(future nonwitness)
nali(future witness)

'ayat-nale (past nonwitness)
'ayat-nalal(past witness)

nay-nalo(Future perfect)
nay-nale(present perfect)
'aynay-nale(past perfect)
User avatar
DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness
Posts: 4558
Joined: Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:16

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by DesEsseintes » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 17:43

I tweaked Núta diachronics somewhat by deciding that Proto-Núta had a vowel inventory of /a i u ə/ instead of the standard five-vowel system I had originally envisaged. The schwa then goes on to elide or become either of /e o/ in Middle Núta according to a number of factors, including the following:

a) it becomes *e word-finally
b) it elides as much as possible in pre-tonic syllables
c) it becomes *e before a syllable with *a *u *wV in nucleus
d) it becomes *o before a syllable with *e *i *jV in nucleus.

*o becomes u in modern Núta, and the last two rules are therefore the basis for a neat e/u alternation in the modern language.

There are further complicating factors such as the sequences **jə **wə **əi **əu and I’m hoping to post the full thing in the Núta blog when I’m done, but I just felt the need to share this first.
User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 6090
Joined: Sun 20 Oct 2013, 01:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Ahzoh » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 04:28

I made a new sentence in Onschen which shows off some of its morphology and religious perspective of the Jars:

Инӯшаі, итуніупачис оросеі ʘу окро оросмиѕӯ.
PL-death-TERM | PL-1.ERG-NFUT-be-3.ABS-only avatar-HUM.ABS on PROX.DET.INAN.ABS world-INAN.ERG
[in̪õ:ʃai̯ itun̪ʲupat͡ʃis oroʃei̯ ʘu okro orosmʲid͡zõ:]
Until our deaths, we are only avatars on this plane.
Image Ӯсцӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Vṛḵažaẇ (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
User avatar
jimydog000
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat 19 Mar 2016, 04:14
Location: Australia

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by jimydog000 » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 08:29

Picking up the mess that is my conlang after a few months hiatus. Put all my lexicon into a Dictionary made in LaTex, surprisingly easy, once you know how to do it that is.

Image
“Comparison is the death of joy.” -Mark Twain
User avatar
Adarain
greek
greek
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri 03 Jul 2015, 14:36
Location: Switzerland, usually

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Adarain » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:19

jimydog000 wrote:
Sat 20 Jan 2018, 08:29
Picking up the mess that is my conlang after a few months hiatus. Put all my lexicon into a Dictionary made in LaTex, surprisingly easy, once you know how to do it that is.
Spoiler:
Image
I would really suggest you fiddle with those paragraphs a bit. Making the par-indent go away would make it look so much better. Here’s hoping you made a \dictentry command or something along those lines for easy editing (if you didn’t, that’s a habit you absolutely need to get into)
At kveldi skal dag lęyfa,
Konu es bręnnd es,
Mæki es ręyndr es,
Męy es gefin es,
Ís es yfir kømr,
Ǫl es drukkit es.
felipesnark
sinic
sinic
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun 27 Jan 2013, 02:12
Contact:

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by felipesnark » Sun 21 Jan 2018, 00:16

I made a few changes to Shonkasika's dual and plural noun affixes.
Spoiler:
Image
Visit my website for my blogs and information on my conlangs including Shonkasika: http://felipesnark.weebly.com/ It's a work in progress!
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat 14 Aug 2010, 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Khemehekis » Sun 21 Jan 2018, 10:28

Lambuzhao wrote:
Fri 19 Jan 2018, 12:50
Ham fashin adwedesket ar!
Ari! Ar tzaiyoen!
yay! 2s remember-PST
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 56,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Post Reply