Search found 3829 matches

by Thrice Xandvii
09 Jan 2018 08:47
Forum: Linguistics & Natlangs
Topic: (L&N) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here
Replies: 6876
Views: 804956

Re: (L&N) Q&A Thread - Quick questions go here

I'm going to personally lobby for the one with the military slang. It seems cool to me.
by Thrice Xandvii
08 Jan 2018 04:30
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: Con-Script Development Centre
Replies: 1104
Views: 134326

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

Ahzoh wrote:
08 Jan 2018 03:49
Their phonetic values don't have to match up for it to be considered to a modified Latin alphabet.
My thoughts precisely. I mean, if that weren't the case then kanji as used in Japanese wouldn't be considered related to Chinese characters because many of them are now pronounced very differently.
by Thrice Xandvii
08 Jan 2018 02:49
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: Con-Script Development Centre
Replies: 1104
Views: 134326

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

No, it's not. Gonna assume you are being sarcastic... somehow? Cuz, if you aren't, I just ask you to look in the spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/k4KhsRc.png The letters in the pink are either Latin letters (or numbers) with no modifications, or very mild modifications like flips, rotations, removal of ...
by Thrice Xandvii
08 Jan 2018 02:33
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: CBB Conlang Relay IX
Replies: 180
Views: 32271

Re: CBB Conlang Relay IX

Yeah... I dunno if I will be able to dedicate time considering I am moving into my work weekend and will likely have to coin the vast majority of the words in the translation. If I see what I am up against and feel like it is too much within the time span, I may just pass along the torch I was given...
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 09:40
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: CBB Conlang Relay IX
Replies: 180
Views: 32271

Re: CBB Conlang Relay IX

Oh, sorry, didn't realize that's what you were asking. Since text length varies relay-by-relay, I guess only kiwikami can truly answer this, but looking at Relay VII, the text was about 2.5 lines long, and 8 sentences. Note that one sentence was two words, and another was three. (Hopefully my last ...
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 08:15
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: CBB Conlang Relay IX
Replies: 180
Views: 32271

Re: CBB Conlang Relay IX

Fluffy has something on his end that changes every instance of the word "conlang" to clongo... for some reason. As such, whether he quotes it or types it, all instances of the word will change. That includes the subject line of his posts. Now, WHY this is is a complete mystery to me. None of this co...
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 08:12
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

I've made a few changes to the eyes on my draft... which does tone down the effect, however the irises are still the same size as they were in the image I am basing the drawing off. If he decides to ask me to adjust them... well, there it is.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 08:11
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread
Replies: 1645
Views: 250345

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Short ramblings about boring, inconsequential problems. Feel free to ignore. My Spring Semester starts this coming Monday, so I planned to fly back out earlier today, Saturday. Apparently, however, the weather in Indiana must not be ideal at the moment, because at about 11:50 last night, I got a no...
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 07:42
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

Lao Kou wrote:
07 Jan 2018 07:39
Understood. Just sayin'. (A little scary is all)
Something something anime *mutters*.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 07:35
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

Heh.

I was basing it (roughly) on the drawing that was linked to above.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 06:05
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

Is there a way this one could become even better? I originally wanted a sepia-toned version, but my computer said “nuh”. Yes, this is what I look like, except that I don't wear pince-nez glasses (but regular ones) and I normally don't wear a tie. http://i.imgur.com/Drh41DR.png I've no idea what col...
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 04:01
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: Con-Script Development Centre
Replies: 1104
Views: 134326

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

...which is a modified Latin alphabet.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 01:24
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

Well, I could give a go at outlining it and making it transparent? maybe some color? I've never really messed around with an actual drawing before in PS.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 00:29
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: CBB Conlang Relay IX
Replies: 180
Views: 32271

Re: CBB Conlang Relay IX

Just how long and complex will the Torch be? I've never done one of these, so I don't wanna get in over my head.
by Thrice Xandvii
07 Jan 2018 00:26
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread
Replies: 1645
Views: 250345

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

You mean the veggie with "choke" right in the name!? No thanks!
by Thrice Xandvii
06 Jan 2018 23:13
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread
Replies: 1645
Views: 250345

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

loglorn wrote:
06 Jan 2018 22:34
Pineapple pizza on the other hand...
You are also wrong. I also needed you to know that.
🍕 + 🍍 = 😍
by Thrice Xandvii
06 Jan 2018 20:57
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread
Replies: 1645
Views: 250345

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Frislander wrote:
06 Jan 2018 20:42
Salted caramel can go die in a ditch.
You're wrong. I just needed to let you know.
by Thrice Xandvii
06 Jan 2018 20:13
Forum: Conlangs
Topic: Con-Script Development Centre
Replies: 1104
Views: 134326

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

Hmm, I can't remember posting anything that could possibly inspire your post. Maybe one of my posts about Jbl or Middle Rymakonian, but in that case, I can't take credit for the script. You posted some snippet of grammar or somesuch with a light pink background and a modified Latin script in use. I...
by Thrice Xandvii
06 Jan 2018 15:04
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

I think I need to make the white be a cream color instead.

Also, thanks for the praise, Fris.
by Thrice Xandvii
06 Jan 2018 08:47
Forum: Everything Else
Topic: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread
Replies: 110
Views: 12183

Re: The Avatar Creation and (Re-)Design Thread

Ahzoh wrote:
06 Jan 2018 08:40
I like it. It's like an abstract butterfly.
I'm glad. [:)]