Constories Thread

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Ceresz
runic
runic

Re: Constories Thread

Post by Ceresz » 09 Dec 2010 01:12

I enjoyed that story. Poor Coreli, he got too cocky.

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 09 Dec 2010 01:19

Ceresz wrote:I enjoyed that story. Poor Coreli, he got too cocky.
Thank you! Any advice on how I could improve it? Things that don't make sense, etc.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter

Ceresz
runic
runic

Post by Ceresz » 09 Dec 2010 01:24

Sorry, I don't really have any C&C. I haven't really tried writing constories myself so I have no real experience with them but... the writing was clean and simple and straight to the point, which I like. I'm sure you could improve it yourself if you went over it again and edited out/added stuff :-).

Not very helpfull but... yeah :roll:.

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 09 Dec 2010 19:18

Epic story again, Micamo.

The only thing unclear to me, is what happens to Coreli. You said "the stars, sun and moons encircle each other," but why would they do that when there is no-one chasing them?
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 09 Dec 2010 21:51

SLiV wrote:Epic story again, Micamo.

The only thing unclear to me, is what happens to Coreli. You said "the stars, sun and moons encircle each other," but why would they do that when there is no-one chasing them?
The Acoi view the sky as a sort of giant domed ceiling on the world. The sky is a hollow sphere, while the earth is another sphere suspended in the middle of it. The stars, moons, and Coreli (the sun) are attached to this surface. Coreli makes a straight beeline for the stars that abandoned him, but he can't keep up with the stars. Because the inner surface is closed on itself, eventually they reach the same point where they started and start all over again.

My shitty twitter

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 11 Dec 2010 17:17

I've written another story in Lurioneski. It's a fatal-love myth about Hasmo (the god of beauty, youth and nature) and a farmers boy named Rodas.

If you're interested in the actual Lurioneski version as well, go take a look here: Hasmo and Rodas.
(Please note that this is a translation; I sacrificed the english language to remain close to the actual text. I might give an interpreted translation later on as well.)

Hasmo and Rodas

Hasmo, most handsome of humans and gods, was torn apart by loneliness. Wearing a cloak all around, he descended on his vidippis (hippogriff) Utumar (Goodheart) amongst the humans.
He went to the cities, but noone was more beautiful than he, or as beautiful as he. He went to the plains and the seas, but noone was (there).
Having went to the forest, being surrounded by his animal friends, the loneliness left, but the need to be loved stayed, until having gazed at Rodas.
The young farmer, most beautiful which Hasmo sees, is herding his goats. Wearing his cloak all around, he walks out of the shadows and slowly comes closer.
“’Day,” says the herder, “nice ‘nd sunny.” Walking together, Rodas smalltalked and Hasmo listens carefully to his soft stories and tales.
They become good friends and Utumar flew every single day up and down. Every time Rodas asks to take down the cloak, and every time he is answered “no”.
One day, Rodas said to Hasmo: “I love you. If you love me, why don’t you take it down?”
That day, Hasmo said to Rodas: “I love you. If you love me, why would I take it down?
If I were the most beautiful of humans and gods, would you love me more?
If I were the most badlooking of humans and gods, would you love me less?”
But one night he looked under the cloak of the little sleeping god, merely a human driven by love and a need to know if he was beautiful or ugly.
By Hasmo’s beauty, most handsome of humans and gods, he was torn apart.

Not only does it show Hasmo's curse of being too beautiful for any eyes to witness, but it is also dreadfully moralistic.
I am quite fond of the irony that Hasmo does not care for being handsome.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating

MyghternTighrijd
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by MyghternTighrijd » 11 Dec 2010 18:02

Micamo wrote:Another Acoi story.

Caondaicoreli (Sun Birth Story)

Before the creation of man, the earth was ruled by a kingdom of animals. One day, a tiny snail named Coreli came to a large gathering, and proclaimed "I am the strongest thing in the world! In a fair fight, I can best any of you!"

This was received by a loud chorus of laughter. This greatly irritated Coreli, who then insulted the honor of them all, claiming they were too cowardly to challenge him. To humor the little snail, a mouse decided to challenge Coreli.

When the fight began, the little snail quickly retreated into his shell. The mouse pounded and scratched and bit, but Coreli was unharmed. Eventually the he passed out from exhaustion.

The other animals were quite amazed indeed! One by one they challenged Coreli; None of them could penetrate his hard shell. After some time, all the animals in the gathering had been defeated by him.

Word of the invincible opponent spread quickly, and all the animals in the world came to challenge Coreli, all of them failed to best him. Eventually, even the stars in the heavens came down to try their hand. They too, could not break him, and wore themselves out trying.

So impressed with his achievements, the three goddesses of the sky came down and offered themselves as wives to Coreli. Of course, he happily accepted. They carried him up to the sky and declared him the master of heaven and earth.

Coreli then decided: A master needs something to show off his brilliance! He took a piece of each of the stars and fashioned them into a giant crown of light. So brightly it glared, it outshone all the other stars in the sky, and even the three goddesses.

They told Coreli, "Do not shine so brightly. We deserve to be seen and admired as well." And he replied "I am the master of heaven and earth! All of you and unworthy, and undeserving! I alone am ruler, I alone have the right to be admired and gazed upon."

Insulted by his arrogance, the stars and even the three goddesses left Coreli. This left Coreli with a big problem: Without the stars he had no one to rule over in the heavens, and without them he could not return to the earth to rule there. With no other options, Coreli chased after them, as quickly as he could, and the stars simply continued to move away, able to move much more quickly than Coreli. And so now the stars, sun, and moons encircle each other in an eternal cosmic chase.

I love this story! :-D The only thing you could do to make it clearer is to say within the story that Coreli was the sun, for people who managed to miss the title... (Me? Never!) You don't have to of course - since people are meant to read the title, and it would be harder to miss in a book where the title was prominent. :-)

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 11 Dec 2010 18:13

MyghternTighrijd wrote:The only thing you could do to make it clearer is to say within the story that Coreli was the sun, for people who managed to miss the title...
Oooooh! Guilty. (That's what I meant with my comment, Micamo.)

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 11 Dec 2010 23:30

I didn't make that clear enough? Sorry. (Though to be fair, "Coreli" is the direct Acoi word for the sun, so a speaker of it wouldn't have any problem getting that.)

My shitty twitter

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 12 Dec 2010 21:20

Constory frenzy.

This time, it is a Hwong Zheng story about a little emperor. Again dreadfully moralistic.
This time, I translated a little more loosely. Still, there are some off sentences in it.

KYEUNG KWEY WOU AN MIENG ‘OU ‘EUNG
Suun kyeung kwey ryedeng zhing ‘eung lwan pang dong thie poung than ‘ie pye hwan lwoo. Dien sahon dyeng tshong heng ba hon ‘eng rie yon pyien tweun pwen myan ‘eun twahon suun ang wou hakung ‘ien. Yon kwen an ‘on shuun hon kawoundan. Hon pyeng «Dien ang akyang. Dien ang fang tshong zuung. Dzhen poung thie geu myoon ‘ie pyeng dien ang meu than ‘eng.» ‘eng.
Yiepeng, kyeung kwey dzien tshong zhang hieng. Rwoung dan zhang hey yon. Reng pezan wou zhang rie hieng lang rwou shyen zhang adan ‘en. Yon kwen an ‘on shuun hon kawoundan. Hon pyeng «Dien zhang hieng an. Shyen adan rie shyen gwen hieng.» ‘eng. Kyeung kada pyeng «Shyen ang fang zuung. Shyen ang akyang. Dzhen shyen meu than.» ‘eng. Hon kawoundan pyeng «Myoon, twahon dien rwoung ‘ahon thyouy an.» ‘eng. Mey yon tyoo an. Dzhen yon pwen myan ‘on thing rie shyen than.
Yiepeng, kyeung kwey dzien tshong dyeng woung. Yon dzien ong tagay ong haylou mwoon ong pay shieng ong syuung tsay. Rwoung woung tyang dan yon dzien ‘an an rie dzhen woung than. Kyan woung yon pezan wou dien ‘an hin rie woung than. Lwing woung yon dzien dien ‘ing koushang yon an rie woung than.
Lwoo, pyan mey ong kyeung kwey ong hon kawoundan ‘an tshong than. Yon kwen an ‘on shuun hon kawoundan. Hon pyeng «Geu myoon pyeng pyan akyang. Dzhen pyan than. Myoon, twahon pyan ‘ahon thyouy an.» ‘eng. Kyeung kada pyeng «Geu shyen pyeng an. Geu shyen thyouy an. Geu shyen fang zuung hey tse hon. Geu shyen akyang.» ‘eng rie hon hawoundan than.
Lwoo, pyan mey kyeung kwey ‘an thsong than. An dan hey yon rie an pezan wou yon rie an koushang yon. Kyeung kwey mayon ‘eung lwan mieng an.

THE LITTLE EMPEROR WITH NO FRIENDS
Really, a long time ago, an emperor of ten got dead his father’s power. He was walking through our city and he saw someone wearing black kill a man with an axe. Because he did not understand, he asked his great advisor. He said: “This man is a criminal. This man did bad things. Therefore Your Loveliness’ father said that this man must die.”
Later, the little emperor wanted a golden sword. A servant gave him the sword. The child played with his sword and the gold fell off this iron sword. Because he did not understand, he asked his great advisor. He said: “This sword is not golden. It is only iron and it only looks golden.” The furious emperor said: “This man does bad things. This man is a criminal. So he must die.” The great advisor said: “Loveliness, killing this servant would not be smart.” But he did not listen. So the one wearing black came and the man was dead.
Later, the little emperor was wanting lots of things. He wanted a tiger and an enormous statue and thousands of dogs and a river of tea. Many servants could not give him what he wanted and therefore many were dead. Many boys with whom he played, won and many were dead. Many girls whom he wanted, did not kiss him and many were dead.
Really, all but the little emperor and the great advisor were dead. Because he did not understand, he asked his great advisor. He said: “Your Loveliness said all were criminals. Therefore, all are dead. Loveliness, killing all was not smart.” The furious emperor said: “You yourself said nothing. You yourself are not smart. You yourself acted bad towards me. You yourself are a criminal,” and the great advisor was dead.
Really, all but the little emperor were dead and the little emperor had no friends. Noone gave him anything and noone played with him and noone kissed him. The sad little emperor had no friends.

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 13 Dec 2010 01:56

I get the moral of the story (using violence to solve your problems makes you an asshole) but seriously speaking did nobody think to take care of the royal brat at some point (long) before the entire kingdom was murdered?

My shitty twitter

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 13 Dec 2010 09:16

Of course not. The great advisor said so, but he didn't listen. If the king didn't listen to the great advisor, who would he listen to? Everyone else claiming that he was making a mistake, would simply be decapitated. No one would dare to say the king was doing the wrong thing.

And I know what you might be thinking: "If he had everybody killed, who killed the last one?"

But this kind of story is way to moralistic to wonder about such trivialities. Besides playing with a man wearing black can't be fun either, can it?

KiKi Tampusa
sinic
sinic

Post by KiKi Tampusa » 13 Dec 2010 09:44

There is a possibility that the king killed the last one and he killed himself because he realized he was a murderer.
What are Klingon speakers doing? They are engaging in intellectually stimulating language play. They are enjoying themselves for languages sake, art for art’s sakes. And like all committed artists, they will do their thing, critics be damned.
Arika Okrent

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 13 Dec 2010 11:30

SLiV wrote:Of course not. The great advisor said so, but he didn't listen. If the king didn't listen to the great advisor, who would he listen to? Everyone else claiming that he was making a mistake, would simply be decapitated. No one would dare to say the king was doing the wrong thing.

And I know what you might be thinking: "If he had everybody killed, who killed the last one?"

But this kind of story is way to moralistic to wonder about such trivialities. Besides playing with a man wearing black can't be fun either, can it?
I meant take care of with a knife. Through the heart. Preferably while sleeping. Obviously words wouldn't have helped. Whoever killed that omnicidal brat would probably have been cheered as a hero.

My shitty twitter

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 13 Dec 2010 14:43

True, but you must consider the scene. Kings were/are considered sacred.
And, his killer would probably be executed just the same, by someone who wants to be the new king as well. "I killed the king's killer, I should be king."
Etc etc, total anarchy etc.

But obviously, the only valid reason is that it would spoil the story.

Chelsara
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Chelsara » 21 Dec 2010 04:16

This story is a T'Arlan one that is told on holidays and occasionally as a bedtime story. It is mainly about the people's pride in their nation and how money never lasts while family and friends last forever, a common belief in T'Arlo.

Evero's Gold

Long ago, there was a successful young man with more money than Spirit called Evero. After reading about the sights abroad, he grew restless of the confines of his home.

One day, Evero walked into the courtyard where his daughter, wife, and parents were sitting and said, "Goodbye, my family. I must leave now; my heart wanders, but my feet remain still. I must go." His family protested, but the young man proceeded to pack his trunks. Evero placed all his belongings and all his gold into his trunks and set them into his cart. Because of his great wealth, he never thought he would have to come home. After he left, his family wept for days.

Evero spent many, many years touring the world, never stopping in one place for more than a week, his gold and Spirit decreasing by the day. But, before long, he had no more money and barely any Spirit left. Evero was an old man now and had to beg just to get a single Alit for bread. His fine white clothes were stained so brown. He was tired, so tired.

He decided to go back to where his home was, though he feared the anger he would come home to. He wandered, searching for any sign that would tell him T'Arlo was near by. He begged the Spirit - something he had never done before - to lead him home. Evero was close to death when he suddenly saw the gleam of gold on the horizon. Urged on by this sight, Evero regained some strength and headed right to the gold.

The gleaming pile began to grow and grow, and Evero's greed grew as well. He would never have to face his family as soon as he got this money! Within weeks, the entire horizon was taken over by a mountain range of gold. This was not money, but he was seeing the Northern Highlands, the glorious Goldenorth of T'Arlo! He was so happy at this sight, the blessing of the guidance of Spirit. Spirit filled Evero again and now it was perfectly balanced.

When he arrived home, his family welcomed him with open arms, his daughter a grown woman with a family of her own and his wife as healthy as she was when he left. Evero realized man truly needed not the cold wealth of gold, but the warm wealth of home and love.
Last edited by Chelsara on 21 Dec 2010 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

KiKi Tampusa
sinic
sinic

Post by KiKi Tampusa » 21 Dec 2010 04:28

Stop! Stop! I'm crying.
What are Klingon speakers doing? They are engaging in intellectually stimulating language play. They are enjoying themselves for languages sake, art for art’s sakes. And like all committed artists, they will do their thing, critics be damned.
Arika Okrent

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 21 Dec 2010 12:56

That is a nice story, Chelsara. And it actually had a happy ending.

Ilaeriu
sinic
sinic

Post by Ilaeriu » 21 Dec 2010 19:39

It's funny, I've just recently started working on a couple of fables/myths for my various conpeople. Here are two I've done so far, one of which I've translated into my conlang. (I think translating short texts like this really help to boost your vocab up.) That same story has two variations, depending on which conpeople is telling the story.
They're meant really to a) explain how or why things have come to be, and b) teach simple moral lessons along the way.

The Legend of Fire
Spoiler:
Since the infancy of our people, fire has been a force that has forever remained close at our hands. We encounter it daily – to light our dwellings, to warm our bodies, to cook the food that nourishes and strengthens us. In this era fire was calm and tame. She did not strike back against us, nor did she consume any surface that touched her. We lived amongst Fire in peace and security, because we treated her with respect and dignity. Never did the people miss her ceremonies and holy days, and always did they offer up sacrifices in her name.

However, as is the nature of our people, as we aged we began to forget and not care. New generations were born, each with less and less reverence of Fire. The other three Archspirits were revered in a similar fashion as generations past, but Fire became neglected and forgotten.

Feeling hurt and insulted, Fire went up to the Peak of the Spirits and called forth the Archspirits, as well as the entire Court of Beings, so that they may hold council. They obliged willingly, for the Court of Beings was kind and benevolent. The Court seated themselves in rings of seats fashioned of oak, inlaid with gold and glass and cushioned with fabric woven from clouds. The Archspirits themselves gathered around a stone table hewn directly out of the peak itself, set into the centre the rings, and seated themselves into thrones.

Earth sat on a throne of white oak, green vines entwined.

Water sat on a throne of glass and sapphire.

And Air sat on a a throne of undulating, multicolored fabrics that rippled and swayed as if in the wind.

Fire, remaining standing, said “Brethren, I call you here today for an important matter. While the people continue to hold in reverence the ceremonies of the three spirits seated before me, they have forgotten those that belong to me.”

“I have noticed these things, sister, and it troubles me deeply,” said Earth.

“What shall we do about this?” said Air.

“I had hoped you would be willing to punish the people so that they may learn to respect us properly,” Fire said.

“But it is no fault of ours that they do not hold you in reverence,” said Water.

“Indeed, we have other business to attend to,” Air said, agreeing with Water.

“Yes, I trust they will return to you in time,” Earth said, agreeing with the two.

In truth, however, the three were afraid that the people would no longer continue to hold them in reverence if they should rebuke them.

And so the Court was dismissed and scattered about Tala once more, leaving Fire frustrated.

She walked down the mountain side and towards the city of Corica, where already there were lights gleaming brightly against the darkness of night. “Even now, they continue to rely on me!” Fire exclaimed, stamping her foot on the ground.
She stared in amazement as the earth below sparked. The moss began to burn in a bright triangle before fading into ashes.
Intrigued, she flew quickly to Corica and hovered overhead. The people below cared little for her and continued walking through the streets.

Fire raised her hand, and the myriad of lamps in the city shattered, the flame inside them growing and crackling. Men in Corica began shouting and screaming for help in mercy. Fire laughed in response and lifted both hands. From her palms rained orbs of flame, crashing onto the houses and dwellings below. For a full night Fire unleashed her wrath onto the city.
As the sun overhead began to shine again, the people of Corica began fleeing up the mountainside, where they hastily built an altar and shrine. They chanted and sang,

“Praise and thanksgiving to Fire, daughter of the Creator, whose light we cherish, whose flame warms us.”

Fire heard their prayers and abandoned Corica and watched as the people prayed. Her heart softened and she descended upon them. They cried out in fear and leapt backwards, chanting louder and quicker.

“Be calm, kinsmen,” Fire said. “I come not to destroy but to speak.”

“We are contrite and penitent, O Most Fearsome of Archspirits,” said their leader, kneeling with his head bowed to his palms. “Please, O Lord of All, cease the torrent of fire that you rain upon our city.”

“Rise, kinsman,” said Fire. “I have seen your fear and fervor, and my heart has softened and been sorrowed. I do not want to rule you, for that is the job of our Father. I do not wish you to fear me, for we are family. But I ask that you respect me and fulfil your obligations to me.”

“Yes, woman,” said their leader when he rose. “Never again will we neglect our obligations to you.”

“And never again will I rain fire from the sky,” said Fire. “But know this – if a person on this earth should break this promise, I will no longer be bound to it. Remember this, my kinsmen, for I never forget.”

The Beautiful Lost Sapphire (Kareujua version, English)
Spoiler:
There once existed the largest and most beautiful sapphire that any person had seen. It had one hundred forty-four shades of blue and two hundred ninety faces, and it shone in the day sun brighter than even many celestial objects. It was so beautiful, and so many of her owners began to die, because they began to fight one another for it. They wanted to gain fame around the world and possess this beautiful sapphire. Even Water herself lusted after the sapphire, and made plans to steal it.

She made it so that the sapphire passed into the hands of a person in the city of Kusan, on the shores of Alicca. As he returned home Water raised her hands and swept an enormous wave over the city of Kusan. The wave was the height of twelve men and was nine times the width of Kusan. As the wave destroyed the city, Water grabbed the sapphire and returned to the open sea as the wave retreated.

Water spent many days and nights staring at the beauty of the sapphire. The people of Kusan were angry for she destroyed their city, but after some time all of Tala were enraged with her, because she was ignoring our prayers and supplications to her.

And so after the people of Kusan rebuilt their city, they decided to build vessels called ships to sail into the sea. When they had resolved to do this, they went out and saw piles of wood, ore, and fabric descending from the sky. And so they thanked Kauanno and worshipped him for a full night, for providing them with tools to sail into the sea.
Three months passed after Water stole the sapphire. As the fourth month began, the people of Kusan finished their ships and went out into the sea to find Water.

The fourth month was half over when they found Water. She was floating in the sea, her back turned to Kusanites who were approaching. Because she was so deeply entranced by the sapphire, she did not realize the Kusanites where there until one man leapt from the boat and knocked the sapphire from her hands.

Water was so shocked she stood still as the sapphire plummeted into the void below.

The Kusanites made merriment and danced, because they won. Water realized her foolishness and returned to her daily duties. The Kusanites wore dragonskin because of this. They loved their boats very much, and did not want to part from them. And thus, the Kusanites became known as the Kareujua, and our ships spread across the world. And such is the tale of our beginnings.
The Beautiful Lost Sapphire (Corican version, English)
Spoiler:
There once was one sapphire, the largest and most beautiful that any person had seen. It had one hundred forty-four shades of blue and two hundred ninety faces, and it shone in the sun brighter than many celestial objects. Such was its beauty that many of her owners began to die, for they began to fight one another so that they may possess it. The men wished to wear dragonskin* and possess this beautiful sapphire. Even Water lusted this sapphire, and she thought of a plan to steal it.

She caused so that the new owner of the sapphire was a person in the city of Kusan, on the shores of Alicca. As he returned to his house, Water raised her hand and swept an enormous wave over the city of Kusan. The wave had the height of twelve people, and the width of nine of Kusan. As the wave destroyed the city, Water grabbed the sapphire and returned to the sea as the wave returned. And thus, the city is named Kusan**.

But this displeased the almighty Creator, and he turned a finger. The sea currents changed and Water lost her balance, and she dropped the void below.

Water many days, and she summoned her sprites from across the face of the world and ordered them to search for the sapphire. They did not find it, and eventually Water returned to her daily tasks. But the order to search for the sapphire remains with all sprites that live in water. Thus, all water flows downwards into the sea: to continue searching for the lost sapphire.

* "To wear dragonskin" is an idiom that means "to gain fame around the world."
** "Kusan" sounds similar to the Aentoui word for wave, "gusan". /Nusɑn/ -> /kusɑn/
Nau Nilama si Neluia ki Nalu (The Beautiful Lost Sapphire)[/size] (Corican version, Aentoui)
Spoiler:
Namunaannir io nilama si karalaka ki karaneluia ija atuheswn iakahinauu. Auunnaa nagura si auul si lemiu amjam ki amte, ki kattu laua-lemiu ki titam, al nun alau auugkunille hanuile alakji s’arami. Nakainleia neluia nnil, naise kkurajofieku niia naarinno s’arami, aiil arlekofieku iollo lurag kunaari. Elaniwnku iran kabal si yaissmo, al kunaari iainilama si neluia. Kahi Reuj atukkirua inilama, al auuntwleir ieran lunakau ianno.

Atukunna lurag arinno si magu ne nilama aita nau nauu nun nium si Kusan, nun sanni il’Alik-ka. Jeio kilamiwnku nun kase nnil, atunekanni iaReus, al atukalu gusan nun nium si Kusan. Atunaa igusan laji ija auunnerwm nauu si tuueli, al kkaba si tiketa si Kusan. Jeio atuikala igusan nium, Reuj atunakau inilama al atukilam nun reujua jeio atukilam igusan. Naise, auuninium inium Kusan.

Nne atuikanahunne nau Kauanno-iaue s’annoale, al atuikalaji iaue niia. Atumagu raakel al atulehaaki Reuj, al atukalu inilama nun la nun abaji.

Atujenuariwn Reuj kur alau s’arami, al atukeram iaaljin s’arami niia nun kabal si kkarguua, al atuiros ianiia kuhanagku ianilama. Atuhananne, al nun sanua atukilam Reuj nun kunufi niia. Nne auugkuranni nau iros nun kannunel ija kunaua nun reuj. Naise, auunsinne reuj s’uilu nun abaji: auunhanam se ianilama si nalu.

Pronunciation of most letters are straightforward, but for the curious:
/e g j t w/
/ei N ʃ θ ə/
Double consonants indicate palatalization.
Last edited by Ilaeriu on 22 Dec 2010 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

(in order of proficiency from greatest to least)
Native :eng: | Fluent :tgl: | Learning :esp: · :kor: · :zho: · :qbc: | Want to learn :lat: · :jpn: · :ara:

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 22 Dec 2010 16:32

I really liked those two stories. Am I correct that Water and Fire are sisters, and Earth and Air brothers?

Btw, isn't that last one supposed to be "Corican version, Aentoui"?

I'm going to upload "Elio and Antionas" sometime soon; I've got to finish it first.