enjoyments in concultures

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
k1234567890y
runic
runic

enjoyments in concultures

Post by k1234567890y » 26 Oct 2014 00:06

What are the forms of entertainments, recreations, luxuries, delicacies and other forms of enjoyments in your concultures, or do your concultures even have any forms of enjoyments at all?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.

Tanni
greek
greek

Re: enjoyments in concultures

Post by Tanni » 04 Nov 2014 14:37

k1234567890y wrote:What are the forms of entertainments, recreations, luxuries, delicacies and other forms of enjoyments in your concultures, or do your concultures even have any forms of enjoyments at all?
The Catys in the south would sing heroic epic in a chorus. This would involve parts in which fight scenes would be rendered by giving the appropriate command band communication (which is ultrasonic) of the heroes, so for human listeners, that most dramatic scenes for Catys would be just silent.
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.

Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall » 06 Nov 2014 03:39

They like music, food and relaxation.

I will add a chess-like game in which they bet a card and the winner gets the card. Those who win many times will have a large collection of cards.
The board game will be based on strategy, I do not like luck-based games.

Alcohol is forbidden in the conculture. They drink hot tea in the winter and cold juice in the summer.
Last edited by Squall on 06 Nov 2014 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]

Foolster41
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Foolster41 » 06 Nov 2014 11:48

Nenksadacha
A popular sport that is simular to soccer (football) and baseball. One team is trying to kick the ball into a goal to score points, while the other team is trying to either kick the ball out of bounds, or in an opposite goal gives that team control. Players are allowed to push opponents with an open hand, though outright punching and kicking are not allowed.

Asaolo
A type of group dance. The name Literally means "life circle" and refers to both the form of dancing in a circle, and the cycle of life from birth to death. participants dance in a circle, with syncronized movements.

Sanagisany
A type of music performance. Literally means "all together". These are comedic songs, often legends about foolish people, preformed on stage, but always has a chorus that the audience joins in on.

Bath Houses
Bathing is a time to not only purify one's body and soul, but to also relax. Bath houses are often social hubs where people come together to hang out and talk.

Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall » 07 Nov 2014 01:00

I will include a type of collective lunch that happens during the afternoon in open air. It is eaten slowly while they do other activities. The main food ingredient will have a strong smell.

Now I will steal some ideas. :mrgreen:
Foolster41 wrote:Nenksadacha
A popular sport that is simular to soccer (football) and baseball. One team is trying to kick the ball into a goal to score points, while the other team is trying to either kick the ball out of bounds, or in an opposite goal gives that team control. Players are allowed to push opponents with an open hand, though outright punching and kicking are not allowed.
I will create a collective game with teams.
People will create teams with friends and discuss the strategy to use next time and discuss the last result.
Foolster41 wrote:Asaolo
A type of group dance. The name Literally means "life circle" and refers to both the form of dancing in a circle, and the cycle of life from birth to death. participants dance in a circle, with syncronized movements.
My culture needs more religious festivals.
Foolster41 wrote:Sanagisany
A type of music performance. Literally means "all together". These are comedic songs, often legends about foolish people, preformed on stage, but always has a chorus that the audience joins in on.
Where is it performed? In a theater?
Foolster41 wrote:Bath Houses
Bathing is a time to not only purify one's body and soul, but to also relax. Bath houses are often social hubs where people come together to hang out and talk.
I need to learn more about hot springs.
Are the baths in open air?
Are the people completely naked in the bath houses?
Are there separated areas for each gender?
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]

Foolster41
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Foolster41 » 07 Nov 2014 05:16

Squall wrote:I will include a type of collective lunch that happens during the afternoon in open air. It is eaten slowly while they do other activities. The main food ingredient will have a strong smell.

Now I will steal some ideas. :mrgreen:

Where is it performed? In a theater?
Yes. Usually in a "dinner theature" (i.e. pub/inn/tavern) type setting.
I need to learn more about hot springs.
Are the baths in open air?
Are the people completely naked in the bath houses?
Are there separated areas for each gender?
1.Many are, though some are indoor.
2.Yes
3.No, while they would see it as scandalous, perverted even for an adult to be nude in public, they see no problem with mixed sex bathing.