New Conworld finally available

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Wario Toad 32
cuneiform
cuneiform

New Conworld finally available

Post by Wario Toad 32 » 31 Aug 2016 04:28

OK so this Conworld is finally available and it's finally open for anyone to join. I want people to join because I want Ergon (name of Conworld) to be active but first I want to address some rules about the Conworld.

Stuff Your Should Know
1. NO True magic has ever existed with the exception of one worm hole that happened in 1638. Which transported Xynder people from Xynderland on Sahar to Ergon during the Xynderian Civil War. The people didn't know the accidentally stepped through a wormhole but they did escape the war. No magic ever happened since I know magic is ever happened or any connections to other Conworlds have happened before or after that.

2. No Natlangs are to be spoken in any of the modern nation countries of any kind. Posteriori Conlangs are allowed but as long as they're based off of dead languages. The highly disencouraged and will be spoken by a small population. If you want your country and your language to be spoken by more than just 1 million people that it has to be a priori or its own branch of Proto Indo-European.

3. We have a Skype group. https://join.skype.com/JFRsYJcMNZ8g

4. Unlike Sahar that seems to diss a lot of things Natscripts are totally allowed.

5. This the collaboration project with a bit of diachronic stuff. You can have a diachronic history with your language and culture but the world mostly contains a modern NationStates.

6. We have Maps. If you'd like to know more join the Skype group and we hope to see you there. If you have any questions don't hesitate on giving me a PM for asking me on Skype?

Fleur
earth
earth

Re: New Conworld finally available

Post by Fleur » 31 Aug 2016 11:30

Wario Toad 32 wrote:Which transported Xynder people from Xynderland on Sahar to Ergon during the Xynderian Civil War. The people didn't know the accidentally stepped through a wormhole but they did escape the war
Aside from the outright implausibility of this, have you actually received any kind of consent from Avlönskt that you can use his language and people on your conworld?

Avlönskt
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Avlönskt » 31 Aug 2016 12:10

Nope, I've given absolutely no consent to this and to be honest I wasn't aware of it until now.
Image Hojdzaner allhvörv! Jes Böiderloppe é Avxyntloppe! Lotst Dreppelsis! :D
Image Hey there, everyone! My conlang is Xynder! Nice to meet you! :D

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 31 Aug 2016 14:29

Avlönskt wrote:Nope, I've given absolutely no consent to this and to be honest I wasn't aware of it until now.
OOOOPS!

Putting on my Lord of the Instrumentality hat from a different collaborative world project for a minute...
Rule no. 1 about integrating other people's already existing work into your own collaborative project is that you gain that person's consent. This can be done by the other person saying "you know, I wonder if some part of my own project wouldn't fit nicely into your collaborative world project -- what do you think?" or by simply asking them if they'd like to join your project and then broach the topic of integrating some portion of an already existing work.

By the way, Avlönskt, I had a look at Xynderland in Sahar. I really love the concept of the City Tree you've developed! The historical & cultural aspects of Tree as kind of genius loci of a community, and the cutting down of a Tree whose people were treasonous is very well thought out.

This concept is definitely borroworthy! Can relate to this idea very well, because the town I grew up in actually had a City Tree. Twas a huge and ancient oak tree. The town used to be named after the Tree and the Tree continues to be the town's symbol, even though it blew down in a storm a number of years ago. It was never in a park or anything, but all the history and mythology of the region is bound together with the Tree.
Last edited by elemtilas on 31 Aug 2016 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera

gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist » 31 Aug 2016 14:35

Avlönskt wrote:Nope, I've given absolutely no consent to this and to be honest I wasn't aware of it until now.
Wow, how classy to steal someone's conworld without telling them. I'm adding Wario Toad to my blacklist unless this isn't what it looks like.

Avlönskt
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Avlönskt » 31 Aug 2016 15:42

Thanks, elemtilas! :D
It's nice to know it's a relateable idea too, I find it quite a nice and warm concept (with its own darkish history) which could link in with childhood nostalgia and the like >^<
Image Hojdzaner allhvörv! Jes Böiderloppe é Avxyntloppe! Lotst Dreppelsis! :D
Image Hey there, everyone! My conlang is Xynder! Nice to meet you! :D

opipik
runic
runic

Post by opipik » 31 Aug 2016 16:50

gestaltist wrote: I'm adding Wario Toad to my blacklist
[+1] (Sorry, Wario Toad)

Wario Toad 32
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Wario Toad 32 » 31 Aug 2016 17:28

Okay. I'll get rid off Xynder being spoken on Ergon. Or anything connected to that. Are you okay if I have Xynder Loan words in Gelog tho?

Wario Toad 32
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Wario Toad 32 » 31 Aug 2016 17:31

Avlönskt wrote:Thanks, elemtilas! :D
It's nice to know it's a relateable idea too, I find it quite a nice and warm concept (with its own darkish history) which could link in with childhood nostalgia and the like >^<
I just am a Big fan of the Xynder Language and that's one of the reasons I started Conlanging myself and the Xynder-Laef Tradition of the Elder Trees is also really cool.