Damta: A collaborative world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Re: Any interest in starting a collaborative project?

Post by Khemehekis » 07 Sep 2019 04:07

brblues wrote:
04 Sep 2019 16:12
That also sounds fine by me, and we could actually begin to set some more specifics in stone if that's okay with everybody!

Is your desert people's homeland the deserts (i.e. bright yellow parts) in D3/4 and E3?
Yes.
If that is where you want to settle, Khemehekis, then the inventors of the wheel would hail from one of the pink areas (savannahs) near the deserts, which would give you plausible access to it. And, by virtue of the proximity, also to me (via the desert people) if I'm in the dark green area :?: Yes I know I should commit finally, but I want to make sure the conditions are right :D And also, that we maybe get a somewhat even distribution, but others might also still want to join, I hope!
That sounds awesome!
In another option, I also wouldn't mind "playing" the inventor of the wheel and to originally hail from E4. Khemehekis' desert peoples, being located in the deserts to the west of the highlands/mountains, could then come into contact with the invention as intrepid explorers to my area, use it for themselves to their advantage and eventually also settle the whole mediterranean (dark green) part in D3 in addition to their deserty area.

What do you think?
That idea sounds fun too. Interesting that you mention my desert peoples settling the chaparral, because the proto-lang I have in mind for my people has a somewhat Basquey phonology and romanization. I'm thinking of calling them the Txabao (meaning "travelers").

And Zekoslav, I think you'll be the project's official climatologist!
Zekoslav wrote:
06 Sep 2019 19:11
Thanks for inviting me to join! It would be nice to make a conlang for the conworld if I manage to get over my word-inventing block (none of my a-priori conlang ever got past the phonology sketch stage).

If it ever comes to that, may I take the E2 quadrant, in the steppe/desert whose existence I proposed?
If you want to create a conlang too, that's all the better! If you have real problems thinking up a word to match the meaning, perhaps you can come up with the phonemic inventory and phonotactics for your conlang, and post the concepts you want a word for (e.g. "mother", "louse", "to ride (an animal)", "boy, young man", "to be happy (temporary emotion)", "shy; ashamed", "to stab; to jab; to tap", etc.), and the rest of us can come up with words for each concept that "sound right" and fit the given phonology.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 07 Sep 2019 17:56

Khemehekis wrote:
07 Sep 2019 04:07
In another option, I also wouldn't mind "playing" the inventor of the wheel and to originally hail from E4. Khemehekis' desert peoples, being located in the deserts to the west of the highlands/mountains, could then come into contact with the invention as intrepid explorers to my area, use it for themselves to their advantage and eventually also settle the whole mediterranean (dark green) part in D3 in addition to their deserty area.

What do you think?
That idea sounds fun too. Interesting that you mention my desert peoples settling the chaparral, because the proto-lang I have in mind for my people has a somewhat Basquey phonology and romanization. I'm thinking of calling them the Txabao (meaning "travelers").
Okay we can go with that then!

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 14 Sep 2019 12:10

I tried to revise the climate map using GIMP so that the climate zones would be present as a layer that can be removed, but unfortunately failed. If anybody wanted to assist and amend the climate map incorporating all the updates, it would be great, but I can also try again at some other point otherwise!

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 14 Sep 2019 19:18

I should be able to help with that. I made the original map with the grid layers in photoshop and have the layers. Could you compile the changes in one little list that you have in mind?

I've been meaning to create a path of migration for the Kojikeng people through history as well.

I have also been working on a script for the Kojikeng. I'm not sure when to place its origin historically but if they swept across the continent it is most likely they initially picked up the idea from another place so maybe someone might want to share an orthographic tradition with them. I've currently been making an abugida. I'm torn on how phonemic to make it. The 'present' language has only 4 vowels so it would make sense that if they got it from an earlier script with more vowels. I kind of hate spelling irregularity in real life so maybe it can be based on an older tradition but they ditched a lot of the symbols they didn't consider phonemic.

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 14 Sep 2019 19:28

I've been thinking of creating a protolang afterall too. I had initially made it so that some other family splits would exist with say, that one word for the arid tree thing but that could also easily be a loan word from a language in that area.

Additionally for the orthography and the abugida, maybe they just adopted it after it had developed for a while and only use the symbols relevant to their language anyway so that they other forms exist in other languages with more letters but just are not used by the Kojikeng.

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 14 Sep 2019 22:47

Further thoughts:
I think I'll develop the script they'll use from an older abjad. Then they can add the vowels indicators to that and the vowels in the donating language are not important and I don't have to explain why the vowel phonemes fit so nicely as opposed to wanting to have multiple characters for the same sounds like /ko/ being written as <ko> or <ku>.

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 15 Sep 2019 10:56

Nachtuil wrote:
14 Sep 2019 19:18
I should be able to help with that. I made the original map with the grid layers in photoshop and have the layers. Could you compile the changes in one little list that you have in mind?
I was mostly referring to Zekoslav's last post including only a few more suggestions. That would be amending the map in this post.
Nachtuil wrote:
14 Sep 2019 19:18

I have also been working on a script for the Kojikeng. I'm not sure when to place its origin historically but if they swept across the continent it is most likely they initially picked up the idea from another place so maybe someone might want to share an orthographic tradition with them. I've currently been making an abugida. I'm torn on how phonemic to make it. The 'present' language has only 4 vowels so it would make sense that if they got it from an earlier script with more vowels. I kind of hate spelling irregularity in real life so maybe it can be based on an older tradition but they ditched a lot of the symbols they didn't consider phonemic.
I have also developed an abugida and made a draft document summarizing the symbols and how to use them; I have uploaded it here. Just keep in mind that there are still a good number of typos, and, more importantly, the glyphs aren't correctly formatted yet, it was just a draft to get it out, and I haven't been able to work on it since. Examples for more complex usage are also still missing.

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 15 Sep 2019 11:16

Another map-related thought: We should get something else next IMO, which might also affect the climate somewhat - determining the relief of the terrain, initially I would restrict that to the areas shaded in grey, which can be highlands or mountains. I would suggest shading the mountain ranges in a darker grey. To do that, one would need knowledge of plate tectonics I think, so I cannot do that I'm afraid.

After that, we can place rivers from the high areas to the low areas to the ocean.

Zekoslav
sinic
sinic

Post by Zekoslav » 15 Sep 2019 11:35

There's no better way to learn about tectonics than some good old paleogeography! Google is our friend!

Basically, inland mountain ranges imply colliding continents, coastal mountain ranges imply subduction*, coastal lowlands imply passive margins. Mountain ranges don't have to be new and processes which created them don't have to be active anymore. For example, the Urals are the result of a collision which happened more than 250 millions of years ago!

*some coastal mountain ranges may be the result of continental breakup, they are the remnant of highlands created and split into two by rifting (look at East Africa and Arabia).

There's a noticeable lack of coastal mountain ranges on our continent. This could be explained if it's a very old supercontinent, or could be revised if necessary.
Languages:
:hrv: [:D], :bih: :srb: [;)], :eng: [:D], :fra: [:|], :lat: [:(], :deu: [:'(]

A linguistics enthusiast who would like to make a conlang, but can't decide what to call what.

- Tewanian languages
- Guide to Slavic accentuation

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 21 Sep 2019 17:51

I've now decided to settle my people in the savannah in E4, where they invent the wheel, so that Khemehekis' desert-people can come into contact with it after I've also settled the highlands not far from his desert home area.

As a catalyst towards unification of some sort, I would like to have either people from the coast (also in E4) or from further to the southwest or northeast to pose a threat to my people collectively. I could just use some unnamed tribe or kingdom that will be wiped out without leaving any records behind - but I think it would be more fun if the tribe had a language that was related one of our conlangs, even if I only use a couple of loanwords or place names or personal names or the like.

Just to be clear, this wouldn't be your "main" people, but just a tribe that has split off from the main area, or the result of some expedition or the like. Would anybody like to donate some of their people for that tribe? [:D]

I was thinking maybe Nachtuil's people started out in the south of the continent, and the "main" people that later came to form an empire migrated to the west, and one part to the northeast, where they were in conflict with my savannah people. The desert people of Khemehekis would be another choice. I think the others would be too far away for it to make sense or seem no longer active right now (MirandaBrawner).

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis » 22 Sep 2019 03:07

@brblues: So this would be like the Oscans to the Romans, sort of, right? Maybe a people who speaks an offshoot of Txabao would work.

Speaking of which, I'm going to get the Txabao desert people's language's cornerstone set later this weekend.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis » 22 Sep 2019 04:41

About the Txabao

The Txabao [tʃɐˈbao̯] (which means "travelers" in their native language) are a desert nomad people. They ride domesticated camels, and, upon encountering the wheel, use this brilliant invention for their camel caravans and become spread far and wide. The Txabao travel to oases, but do not stay for too long lest they deplete the water and vegetation.

Txabao have small families. They wear white robes to absorb the desert heat.

Important plants to the Txabao include the date, the coconut, and the prickly pear, eaten for their fruit; the agave, which gives them tequila; the aloe, from which they may have drinks and folk medicines; and bdellium (guggul).

The camel and goat are raised for milk and meat; the local breed of goats provides 'oshar, the type of wool used for their robes. Camels may be ridden, and, once the wheel becomes a part of the Txabao's life, they and their descendants use camels for leading their caravans. As the descendants of the Txabao venture into the mediterranean area, other large animals they encounter will take the place of camels.

Animals to be feared include cobras, venomous spiders, and scorpions. In the rivers, crocodiles are to be feared, and hippopotami can harm humans if said humans are not careful. There are four species of scorpions in the desert where the Txabao live that have a relationship with humans. One, the deathstalker, is deadly. Two more scorpions, a red species and a black species, can poison humans but are not deadly. Then there's a white fourth species of scorpion. Its venom can kill most nonhuman animals; however, with humans its venom does not injure them, but instead acts as an entheogenic hallucinogen. Since this type of scorpion can warp your brain, we're going to call it the warpion. Among Txabao speakers, though, the name zaidqxet [zai̯dˈxʃet] is going to be used.

The Txabao practice a religion that features many gods and goddesses identified with the animal species they know from the desert or its oases and rivers, along with two human deities, the King of Gods, Dza'spar, and the Queen of Gods, Premreu. Legend holds that Premreu was born with four breasts. From one of her breasts sprang Dza'spar, and from then on Premreu had only three breasts. Premreu and Dza'spar then created all the other deities, who in turn created the animals, plants, minerals, and meteorological features and water. The King of Gods and Queen of Gods are credited with placing the stars, sun, and moon(s?) in the sky. The camel goddess Neidu was created by Premreu with four breasts, because that was what Premreu originally looked like, and as a result Neidu made all the camels in her image, and that is why camels have four teats.

As the initiation ceremony for young Txabao, Txabao boys and girls who are about 14 in Earth-years ingest venom from a warpion and await a vision. They then see what their spirit animal is going to be. Typically, they see a god or goddess who can be identified by a vision-guide (zaidpshakan) as one of the rostered deities. Every now and then, however, an initiate will see a totally unexplained therianthropic creature, and the zaidpshakan will have it retconned into the Txabao's mythology.

The Txabao language

Phonemic inventory

Consonants:

m /m/ n /n/
p /p/ t /t/ k /k/ ' /ʔ/
th /tˤ/
b /b/ d /d/ g /g/
dh /dˤ/
s /s/ x /ʃ/ q /x/ hh /ħ/
sh /sˤ/
z /z/
zh /zˤ/
ts /ts/ tx /tʃ/
dz /dz/
r /ɾ/

Vowels:

i /i/ u /u/ e /e/ o /o/ a /a/

Diphthongs:

ei /ei̯/ eu /eu̯/ oi /o̯i/ ou /ou̯/ au /au̯/ ai /ai̯/ ao /ao̯/ ae /ae̯/

Stress

Txabao has a stress accent system. The primary stress falls on the penult if the word ends in a single vowel, and on the final syllable if the word ends in a consonant or diphthong.

Allophony

/n/ becomes [ɴ] at before /ʔ/ or /ħ/, and [ŋ] before /k/, /g/, or /x/.
/b/, /d/ and /g/ become [β], [ð], and [ɣ] respectively intervocalically.
/dˤ/ becomes [ðˤ] intervocalically.
/ħ/ becomes [ç] before /i/.
/a/ becomes [ɐ] when unstressed.

Phonotactics

C(C)V(C)

Syllables may begin with any single consonant (incuding /ʔ/), or the following clusters:

pr /pɾ/ tr /tɾ/ kr /kɾ/ br /bɾ/ dr /dɾ/ gr /gɾ/
sr /sr/ xr /ʃɾ/ zr /zr/
tsr /tsr/ txr /tʃɾ/ dzr /dzɾ/
ps /ps/ ks /ks/
px /pʃ/ kx /kʃ/
psh /psˤ/ ksh /ksˤ/
qs /xs/ qx /xʃ/ qsh /xsˤ/
sp /sp/ st /st/ sk /sk/
sq /sx/

V can mean either a single vowel or a diphthong.

Syllables may be open, or may end with any single consonant except the pharyngealized ones or the pharyngeal /ħ/.

Sandhi

/m/ will morph into /n/ (which may mean one of /n/'s allophones) if the following phoneme is /p/ or /b/.

The basics of syntax

Txabao is SVO, has prepositions, is determiner-noun, is noun-adjective, and has head-final compounds.

Genitives come before the possessed, although when a preposition equivalent to "of" is used instead of a genitive case, the possessed comes first, then the preposition, then the possessor (in oblique case). An animacy hierarchy determines whether the genitive or the prepositional construction is used.

Nouns

Nouns come in the following noun classes, arranged from highest to lowest in the animacy hierarchy:

Ethereal
Male
Female
Animal
Body part
Inanimate

Nouns come in three numeri: singular, dual, and plural.

Txabao has the following cases:

Nominative
Accusative
Genitive
Dative
Vocative
Instrumental
Oblique

Let me know if all of you liked this. If you did, I'll start my own thread devoted strictly to the Txabao.
♂♥♂♀

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 22 Sep 2019 12:55

Khemehekis wrote:
22 Sep 2019 03:07
@brblues: So this would be like the Oscans to the Romans, sort of, right? Maybe a people who speaks an offshoot of Txabao would work.
Possibly, it would mostly serve to justify the introduction of changes in the kinship and religion system (exogamy and later a moiety system between religious groups) that foster alliances and a more unified rule amongst the tribes / clans, though not quite centralisation yet.

Maybe some offshoot of the Txabao travel across the highlands, where they first trade and then war with some of my people in the savannah, and learn of the wheel. Part of them go back home with the invention, and part stay behind and form some tribes that come to grow into a formidable foe of my people. But the details can, of course, be left up to you if you want!

I like what you have done a lot! Could you provide an approxmiate timescale as well, especially regarding when you would want the wheel to be passed from my people to yours, e.g. would around 1000BC be okay? Would that language you sketched there be the proto-language and at around what time would it be spoken?

Regarding the moon, I would suggest keeping it as earth like as possible, with one relatively big moon affecting our planet in the same way the moon affects our earth.

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis » 23 Sep 2019 04:58

brblues wrote:
22 Sep 2019 12:55
Possibly, it would mostly serve to justify the introduction of changes in the kinship and religion system (exogamy and later a moiety system between religious groups) that foster alliances and a more unified rule amongst the tribes / clans, though not quite centralisation yet.
So eventually everyone's going to marry a member of the other religion? Cool! Are the children all raised interfaith, or do they raise their sons one way and their daughters another, or some other system entirely?
Maybe some offshoot of the Txabao travel across the highlands, where they first trade and then war with some of my people in the savannah, and learn of the wheel. Part of them go back home with the invention, and part stay behind and form some tribes that come to grow into a formidable foe of my people. But the details can, of course, be left up to you if you want!
I like this idea! The languages would of course diverge between the Txabao who go back with the wheel and the Txabao who stay in the savannah.
I like what you have done a lot!
Good! That means a separate thread is in order.
Could you provide an approximate timescale as well, especially regarding when you would want the wheel to be passed from my people to yours, e.g. would around 1000BC be okay? Would that language you sketched there be the proto-language and at around what time would it be spoken?
Yes, Txabao is the proto-language. By 1000 BC, do you mean 9000 on the planet's timescale (i.e. around 1000 BC on Earth), or do you mean 1000 on the planet's timescale? I was hoping it would be spoken early enough for the Txabao to be preliterate, and early enough that the Txabao language has living descendants around 12000 but none of its relatives do (cf. the way Vulgar Latin has descendants today but Oscan, Umbrian, etc. were dead ends) -- make of that what you will.
Regarding the moon, I would suggest keeping it as earth like as possible, with one relatively big moon affecting our planet in the same way the moon affects our earth.
I second this. The tides would be simpler this way, and all the lunar calendars would have basically the same month length. By the way, how many days on this planet is a phase of the moon?
♂♥♂♀

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues » 23 Sep 2019 19:52

Khemehekis wrote:
23 Sep 2019 04:58
brblues wrote:
22 Sep 2019 12:55
So eventually everyone's going to marry a member of the other religion? Cool! Are the children all raised interfaith, or do they raise their sons one way and their daughters another, or some other system entirely?
Yes, although it's not considered two different religions by the members, but rather as two complementary branches. Also, the religion encompasses functions that would rather be considered in the realm of guilds or public offices in other systems, such as teaching, translating, science and public administration.

The children are thus basically all raised "inter-faith" (without it really being considered "inter" by the culture), and they are allowed to choose their branch upon reaching puberty, with the possibility of switching later one single time. The choice is “locked in” upon marriage – or the decision to pursue a religious office. Which religious offices are available and the selection process for them depends on the branch.

Yes, Txabao is the proto-language. By 1000 BC, do you mean 9000 on the planet's timescale (i.e. around 1000 BC on Earth), or do you mean 1000 on the planet's timescale? I was hoping it would be spoken early enough for the Txabao to be preliterate, and early enough that the Txabao language has living descendants around 12000 but none of its relatives do (cf. the way Vulgar Latin has descendants today but Oscan, Umbrian, etc. were dead ends) -- make of that what you will.
I was thinking of "9000 on the planet's timescale (i.e. around 1000 BC on Earth)"; I didn't want to go too far back so as not to make the already huge undertaking of getting to the present-day era with my conlang family some day not even more daunting! There is however quite a bit of leeway so let me know your thoughts!
I second this. The tides would be simpler this way, and all the lunar calendars would have basically the same month length. By the way, how many days on this planet is a phase of the moon?
I'm not sure but would also have assumed, given that the planet is very earth-like, around the same time as on earth.

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore » 24 Sep 2019 05:26

Due to many intriguing features——too many to quote!——I intend to lurk about this project.
I fear I don’t reliably have the creativity on tap to contribute.
But I like it so far!

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis » 25 Sep 2019 02:47

brblues wrote:
23 Sep 2019 19:52
Khemehekis wrote:
23 Sep 2019 04:58
Yes, although it's not considered two different religions by the members, but rather as two complementary branches. Also, the religion encompasses functions that would rather be considered in the realm of guilds or public offices in other systems, such as teaching, translating, science and public administration.

The children are thus basically all raised "inter-faith" (without it really being considered "inter" by the culture), and they are allowed to choose their branch upon reaching puberty, with the possibility of switching later one single time. The choice is “locked in” upon marriage – or the decision to pursue a religious office. Which religious offices are available and the selection process for them depends on the branch.
Got it. That's a cool solution! Kind of like having European students choose a humanities track or a STEM track as they begin secondary school!
I was thinking of "9000 on the planet's timescale (i.e. around 1000 BC on Earth)"; I didn't want to go too far back so as not to make the already huge undertaking of getting to the present-day era with my conlang family some day not even more daunting! There is however quite a bit of leeway so let me know your thoughts!
Would 8000 PS or 7500 PS be an acceptable compromise? I think I could convincingly place the oldest language in its phylum "crown group" that far back.
I'm not sure but would also have assumed, given that the planet is very earth-like, around the same time as on earth.
And given the way the Damta calendar years and Earth calendar years line up, I'm betting a year must be the same length as Earth!

We could even make Damta the third planet from its sun, in a solar system with four terrestrial planets, four gas giants, a number of dwarf planets, and a huge Planet X lurking in the far reaches of the solar system to create the periodic mass extinctions that allowed modern mammals including humans to rise! (Of course, the hadrosaurs survived the equivalent of the KT extinction. Can we also keep troödons? They're late-Cretaceous dinosaurs that, had they survived on Earth, could have evolved into Russell Man!)
Last edited by Khemehekis on 25 Sep 2019 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
♂♥♂♀

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 25 Sep 2019 03:21

I'm still around! Just busy. I'm just waiting for a part to come in then I can get my photoshop action on again. I have been working on the sound changes for the last 3 thousand years for the Kojikeng and may need to rework a few things.

I love that you guys have two languages that pass through E 4 as that is part of the path I imagine for the Kojikeng people so we can work on potential shared vocabulary and cross influences. I'm just thinking maybe there is a shared religious connection between the Kojikeng and a people that become, are or were the Txabao from a few thousand years back. Part of the the Kojikeng's culture is a reverence for a type of desert tree from that period of their history (though its exact origin is now obscure). Maybe there was an ancient desert oasis city that had that particular plant and the oasis later dried up due to some seismic event and several groups that interacted there ceased to do so. It could be a mythical ancient city akin to Atlantis.

Perhaps they have a few shared religious figures or symbols with the Txabao like the oasis city belonged to a god of an older form of their pantheon and they share it as a chief god or something but maybe not other elements of whatever the modern religion was or is in the modern era. Not exact same beliefs and doctrines but just a few echos here and there and things like sharing words for things. I'm the less active poster right now so feel free to continue to develop and I'll just snipe a few cognates here and there. :) I may make [tsabo] a name for "god" for instance.

Regarding the celestial neighbourhood maybe Dmata can have two or three smaller moons?

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis » 25 Sep 2019 04:30

Oh, that sounds so cool! I'd love the idea of a sort of Atlantisesque city in the oasis! Perhaps that tree will be named by the Txabao, or be named by some other people in the desert, and become a Wanderwort. (We've got to work on some Wanderwörter for plants, animals, and foodstuffs once we've got enough languages going.)

I like the idea of [tsabo] too.

How about a river civilization in the desert, similar to the Egyptians! They could even speak a language descended from Txabao! From Txabao who settled there?
♂♥♂♀

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 25 Sep 2019 05:19

Khemehekis wrote:
25 Sep 2019 04:30
Oh, that sounds so cool! I'd love the idea of a sort of Atlantisesque city in the oasis! Perhaps that tree will be named by the Txabao, or be named by some other people in the desert, and become a Wanderwort. (We've got to work on some Wanderwörter for plants, animals, and foodstuffs once we've got enough languages going.)

I like the idea of [tsabo] too.
I meant [tsabo] from "Dza'spar" due to phonotactics but once I get the diachronic sound changes settled I'll know for sure. I love the idea of the Goddess "Premreu" and maybe will need to have a cognate derived from that having to do something with motherhood or wives or something. I just realised that [tʃabaw] / [tʃabao] would also be realised as [tsabo] in the modern language hahaha. That or [tʃijabo]
Khemehekis wrote:
25 Sep 2019 04:30
How about a river civilization in the desert, similar to the Egyptians! They could even speak a language descended from Txabao! From Txabao who settled there?
A river civilization would be cool. Maybe the oasis city was on the periphery of the main river or the river source was the oasis/spring itself?

It wasn't my intention but I'm not against the two languages belonging to the same language family though I'll need to think about it. It is an appealing prospect in a number of ways. One of the things I've been thinking about is that the Kojikeng at an earlier stage had aspirated stops. Perhaps the aspirated stop series could have come from ejectives which came from your pharyngealized stops or those stops and the aspirated stops of my language came from a language with ejectives. Of course, this is entirely not necessary too. Hahaha. If I derive from the inventory you've presented I could see the pharyngealized series having become ejectives through some process of fortition.

Conveniently some of the grammatical features are shared between our languages in terms of word order. I had suggested earlier Kojikeng was more inflected but experienced a heavy reduction and simplification of its inflection (and its phonotactics).