Pain.

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
SLiV
greek
greek

Pain.

Post by SLiV » 23 May 2011 16:41

Every pain should have a certain cause, just so you'd have something you could blame.
'Cause then you could be sure you could accept it, even though you feel it all the same.

It's the first time I ever said "I love you"; the first time I thought "oh what the heck."
Of course I now believe that I shouldn't have, 'cause I kinda knew you wouldn't love me back.

I wish with all my heart that I could blame you, for all the hurt you put me through.
But of course it is impossible to hate you, 'cause there was nothing you could ever do.

I wish with all my heart that I could hate you, 'cause loving you is hurting me so bad.
But of course it is impossible to blame you, 'cause you're the best thing that I never had.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating

Testyal
roman
roman

Re: Pain.

Post by Testyal » 23 May 2011 18:30

Shorten that a bit and you've got a girl's facebook status.
:deu: :fra: :zho: :epo:

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 23 May 2011 18:41

SLiV wrote:...heck.
...back.
:O Those don't rhyme!
My pronouns are <xie> [ʒiː] / <xer> [ʒɚ]

My shitty twitter

Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke » 23 May 2011 19:14

testyal1 wrote:Shorten that a bit and you've got a girl's facebook status.
I'm glad someone else noticed. xD
Vasak Kseni du Lamisa Sensen sen.
Native: :eng:
Learning: :deu: :con: Daljetz
Interest: :esp:

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 23 May 2011 20:36

I cry myself to sleep every night because I lack the social and musical skills to express my sadness to the world.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating

Czwartek
greek
greek

Post by Czwartek » 23 May 2011 20:57

Are we sharing poetry or are we discussing EMO-ness? Can someone tell me where this thing is going?

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 23 May 2011 20:58

SLiV wrote:I cry myself to sleep every night because I lack the social and musical skills to express my sadness to the world.
What good is expressing your sadness? Why not spend those nights trying to think of a way to solve your problems instead of feeling bad about them?

My shitty twitter

SLiV
greek
greek

Post by SLiV » 23 May 2011 21:03

That comment was kinda sarcastic, really. Well, the poem/song thing was also not entirely serious.

But at any rate, I have been thinking about solutions and whatnot for the past six months. Not at a nightly basis, but still. If you have any, feel free to share.

Just a few details: he's a guy (as well) and he asked me if we could stay friends. Although I gladly accepted, our friendship isn't worth mentioning (nor was, really).

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 23 May 2011 21:39

*shrugs* Beats me, I've never been in a relationship before. Or ever had any friends, really.

My shitty twitter

Czwartek
greek
greek

Post by Czwartek » 23 May 2011 21:44

Micamo wrote:I've never been in a relationship before. Or ever had any friends, really.
That has to be one of the saddest things I've read or heard in a long time. I sympathise, I've also never been in a proper relationship. Though I try to keep an active social life. I always live in hope. 8-)

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 23 May 2011 21:46

It's not all that sad really. I never really wanted one. I much prefer my code and my languages to other people.

My shitty twitter

Testyal
roman
roman

Post by Testyal » 23 May 2011 21:48

My social skills are bad. Very bad. Could it be that I'm 14? Who knows?

Czwartek
greek
greek

Post by Czwartek » 23 May 2011 21:56

I remember reading a thread on the old conlanger forum, the title post saying that they've recently been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a form of high-functioning autism. I'd be very surprised if many people on this board don't have something similar. I think there's something about conlanging and conworlding that appeals especially to people with limited social skills, and who feel that they don't completely fit in with the world they live in.

I myself identify with many aspects of the condition, though I've never been diagnosed.

Testyal
roman
roman

Post by Testyal » 23 May 2011 22:32

I ain't got no autism.

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 23 May 2011 22:32

I know someone who has Asperger's (that is, actually diagnosed) very well. Understandably there are different levels of disability within the disease but I can honestly say that none of you are anything like him.

My shitty twitter

MrKrov
banned

Post by MrKrov » 23 May 2011 23:04

Czwartek wrote:I think there's something about conlanging and conworlding that appeals especially to people with limited social skills, and who feel that they don't completely fit in with the world they live in.
No, I just like me some art.

Ceresz
runic
runic

Post by Ceresz » 23 May 2011 23:30

Micamo wrote:It's not all that sad really. I never really wanted one. I much prefer my code and my languages to other people.
And here I thought we had something special going on :cry:.
Micamo wrote:I know someone who has Asperger's (that is, actually diagnosed) very well. Understandably there are different levels of disability within the disease but I can honestly say that none of you are anything like him.
I know someone (or well, two, if you count my sister) with Asperger's too, but his condition isn't very serious.
MrKrov wrote:
Czwartek wrote:I think there's something about conlanging and conworlding that appeals especially to people with limited social skills, and who feel that they don't completely fit in with the world they live in.
No, I just like me some art.
Same here, really. I've always been a creative person, and conlanging is just a way for me to be creative about my interest in languages.

Nortaneous
greek
greek

Post by Nortaneous » 24 May 2011 11:46

I've been diagnosed with Asperger's, but I've been diagnosed with pretty much everything else also, mostly because I don't like people. Abnormal psychology is bullshit.

Also, relationships are overrated.

Trailsend

Post by Trailsend » 27 May 2011 04:20

Micamo wrote:
SLiV wrote:I cry myself to sleep every night because I lack the social and musical skills to express my sadness to the world.
What good is expressing your sadness? Why not spend those nights trying to think of a way to solve your problems instead of feeling bad about them?
Hmmm...
Micamo wrote:*shrugs* Beats me, I've never been in a relationship before.
This might be the source of your confusion.

I'm not sure why you assume that desiring expression implies not pursuing solutions. Successful expression often is the solution, particularly when the actual situation cannot/need not be changed--the problem to be solved may be exclusively emotional. When one feels lost, finding someone else who understands can help one to feel less lost. Thus, expressing one's sadness can in fact do plenty of good.
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 27 May 2011 04:31

I well understand the point you're trying to make, but I think we're looking at this from two different angles. Here is my perspective: Learning to tolerate and live with a disease is nowhere near as useful as curing it. I would not call making yourself feel better a solution at all.

My shitty twitter