The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
sangi39

Re: The Majestic 4th Conversation Thread

Post by sangi39 » 21 Feb 2017 16:19

Egerius wrote:
sangi39 wrote:Half-orc females and killed at birth.
[:(] Why?
Mostly just to make the ruling families seem like even bigger monsters than they already are. I had considered the idea of sending them out into the fields with a social standing lower than serfs but then I figured the ruling families would go "what if some backwards, disgusting serf breeds with one of them" and "it's food going to feed an undesirable group we just don't need".
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness

Post by DesEsseintes » 21 Feb 2017 17:49

Lao Kou wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote:Regardless, henceforth I will be spelling it sceptical.
Dude, you live in China. Spell it "schepticle" if you want, and no one will care. [;)] (Especially if you put it on a T-shirt as "Schepticle Cool Boys Bear Time")
I'll care.

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 26 Feb 2017 17:29

Things go wrong. You can't explain it, you can't predict it.
If that wasn't prophetic.

Private Bill "The Extreme" Hudson (his Earther/Muggle alias was Bill Paxton) has left us on a non-returning flight to LV-426 .

Game over, dude.
Rest in Peace.
[:'(]

But keep chasing those twisters!
[;)]

sangi39

Post by sangi39 » 01 Mar 2017 00:08

EDITED:

Really hope my GM is okay with this [:P]

Just an updated and hopefully finalised family tree for my Pathfinder character's "immediate" relatives, including the person who owned his family (Getja), and his family.

Age, sex and species are indicated, as well as whether a character is known to be dead or not.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

Lao Kou
korean
korean

Post by Lao Kou » 01 Mar 2017 05:02

Lambuzhao wrote:Private Bill "The Extreme" Hudson (his Earther/Muggle alias was Bill Paxton) has left us on a non-returning flight to LV-426 .

Rest in Peace. [:'(]
Speaking of those who unexpectedly passed at 61... as I, again, was catching up on backlogued episodes of Beat the Press, I discovered that Gwen Ifill left us back in November, at that celebrities-dropping-like-flies period at the end of 2016. Gwen Ifill may be a little too insider-baseball for non-American members of the list, but she was an incredibly talented journalist who apparently started in print but made the transition over to television at PBS. When interviewing, she remained gracious and polite while still asking the hard questions, and was a trustworthy voice among those who work inside the Washington beltway. Tough poise. She will be missed.

Man, 2016, the hits just keep on comin'.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 01 Mar 2017 23:34

So many burned so bright, but for too short a time.
Heia, pues.

Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 » 02 Mar 2017 00:57

Lao Kou wrote:Speaking of those who unexpectedly passed at 61... as I, again, was catching up on backlogued episodes of Beat the Press, I discovered that Gwen Ifill left us back in November, at that celebrities-dropping-like-flies period at the end of 2016. Gwen Ifill may be a little too insider-baseball for non-American members of the list, but she was an incredibly talented journalist who apparently started in print but made the transition over to television at PBS. When interviewing, she remained gracious and polite while still asking the hard questions, and was a trustworthy voice among those who work inside the Washington beltway. Tough poise. She will be missed.

Man, 2016, the hits just keep on comin'.
Her death was probably the most devastating for me. She's the only one out of that very long list who had an everyday presence in my life. I feel like a lot fewer people would be turned off by current events if they watched NewsHour, especially while she was an anchor.

Lao Kou
korean
korean

Post by Lao Kou » 02 Mar 2017 09:28

Dormouse559 wrote:She's the only one out of that very long list who had an everyday presence in my life.
Even when I lived in the States, she was less a daily than a weekendly institution in my life, and being here in China, I haven't seen her for a number of years. Still, just knowing she was there doing the news with such understated class was reassuring. If PBS has found a permanent replacement for her, I hope it's someone with an equal sense of nuanced gravitas and, well, sanity.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

Ossicone

Post by Ossicone » 03 Mar 2017 17:05

I felt the need to post somewhere how pleased am to have used Rome circa 50bce as the setting for my dnd campaign. I've just changed the place names to make it less obvious.

None of my players have figured it out and think that I've done a lot of work on the history.

Wonder if they'll figure out who this Gaius fellow they keep running into is...

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 03 Mar 2017 18:28

Ossicone wrote:I felt the need to post somewhere how pleased am to have used Rome circa 50bce as the setting for my dnd campaign. I've just changed the place names to make it less obvious.

None of my players have figured it out and think that I've done a lot of work on the history.

Wonder if they'll figure out who this Gaius fellow they keep running into is...
I'm guessing none of them are readers of CBB....

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera

Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius » 03 Mar 2017 19:10

Ossicone wrote:Wonder if they'll figure out who this Gaius fellow they keep running into is...
Lemme guess... IVLIVS GAIVS CÆSAR?

Also yay for ancient Roman D'n'D!
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 03 Mar 2017 19:37

Egerius wrote:
Ossicone wrote:Wonder if they'll figure out who this Gaius fellow they keep running into is...
Lemme guess... IVLIVS GAIVS CÆSAR?
The Thé himself!

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera

Ossicone

Post by Ossicone » 03 Mar 2017 20:57

elemtilas wrote: I'm guessing none of them are readers of CBB....
Nope. Only place I know they won't see it. [:D]
Egerius wrote: Lemme guess... IVLIVS GAIVS CÆSAR?
They problem won't figure it out until after he gets stabbed to death.

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 03 Mar 2017 22:06

Lemme get this straight:

Ancient... Roman... D&D
[<3] [:'(] [<3] [:'(] [<3]

My jumbo foam 12s die quivers with delight!
https://www.enasco.com/prod/images/prod ... 12919l.jpg
<<<quiver, quiver>>>

:mrgreen:

PS: Now, if there's an actual expeditio/excursus/anabasis Catacumbarum ac Draconum in lingua latina... I would be in heaven... erm... caelestibus.

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 05 Mar 2017 14:20

Soooo... I was looking for borhyaenids, and I stumbled upon this cartoon:

http://img04.deviantart.net/c60b/i/2011 ... 4f0zni.jpg

[tick] [tick] Cephalopods [<3]
[tick] Pretty funny.
[tick] Fun dialogue.
[tick] alt-hist Human subjugation by sentient other species.

My finger is just itching to press the :con: translation button....

http://img06.deviantart.net/2cfd/i/2007 ... oenics.jpg

have we ever done :con: translations of non :con: langers' cartoons?
Would we need Rob the Doodler's permission to run a translation of this cartoon?
Mebbe if we just posted the translations alone, would that be satisfactual?

:?: :wat:

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 05 Mar 2017 14:29

I'm pretty sure that for a translation, permission is required, even for an image-less translation.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 05 Mar 2017 14:31

Thanks for input!
Alacritous, too!!
[:O]

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 05 Mar 2017 17:12

qwed117 wrote:I'm pretty sure that for a translation, permission is required, even for an image-less translation.
On the other hand, Deviants are often pretty cool with such "fan art". Permission would almost certainly be forthcoming.

Chagen
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Chagen » 07 Mar 2017 20:18

I'm sorry I haven't been on in forever guys, so focused on being with new friends I forgot my old ones...

But in any case, my school is doing this thing where three times each school week students can come to this little place and pick up donated food/toiletries/etc. for absolutely free (only five food-items per day but that's still enough). Sounds great, right? Well, it is, but my mom saw it on the news yesterday and is now obsessed with making me go there and get all my food there. Why? Because she's a selfish piece of shit who wants more money for herself. She just wants to not spend any money feeding her own family so she can buy more stuff. She already takes half the grocery money each time my dad gives it to her...

I had to endure constant insults and being cursed at yesterday. I called her out on taking the money, and not only did she proudly admit to squandering it, she said, and I am directly quoting here, "once I get that money, it's mine and I can do whatever the fuck I want with it". My dad specifically calls it "the grocery money" so I dunno where the hell she got that impression.

Then she said that I'm "eating the family out of house and home" and I just...I'm not eating as much because there's not enough food in the house. I already have resorted to eating nothing but dinner, skipping breakfast and lunch entirely. Me and my dad have to go to the store to pick up some stuff constantly because she doesn't buy enough food. I don't fucking know guys, I think I'm gonna break soon, to be accused of eating all the food when I barely eat anymore is just...I can't take it anymore...
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S

Lambuzhao
earth
earth

Post by Lambuzhao » 08 Mar 2017 20:59

Chagen wrote: I don't fucking know guys, I think I'm gonna break soon, to be accused of eating all the food when I barely eat anymore is just...I can't take it anymore...
Do not 'break', but rather, 'break out' / 'break free'.

One of the best first jobs I had was working at a restaurant. Sure, they took many a weekend, but I could eat there, and had some cha-ching later.
[;)]