Discord Server? Steam Group?

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Isfendil
greek
greek

Discord Server? Steam Group?

Post by Isfendil » 09 Dec 2016 22:28

Is there a server on Discord or a Steam group for the CBB, CWS, or other friendly conlangong conglomerates? Also, if there is not, then should there be? A more direct, instantaneous method of communication would help with collaborations in my opinion.

Steam requires money to be fully featured and also requires one to be involved in gaming.
Discord was made for gamers but can be used by virtually anyone and it's the most wonderful alternative to Skype and Teamspeak that I have ever seen. Also it is completely free.

Hālian
sinic
sinic

Re: Discord Server? Steam Group?

Post by Hālian » 10 Dec 2016 01:54

I am quite interested in the notion of a conlang Discord server.

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 10 Dec 2016 03:08

There is the official CBB freenode IRC chat.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil » 10 Dec 2016 03:51

qwed117 wrote:There is the official CBB freenode IRC chat.
I do not know what that is.

DesEsseintes
cleardarkness
cleardarkness

Post by DesEsseintes » 10 Dec 2016 05:29

Isfendil wrote:
There's a thread on it on this very board of the forum. Basically, it's a simple online chatroom. You can access it via a computer (or so I've heard), or using an app like Palaver on a mobile device.

Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil » 10 Dec 2016 05:48

DesEsseintes wrote:
Isfendil wrote:
There's a thread on it on this very board of the forum. Basically, it's a simple online chatroom. You can access it via a computer (or so I've heard), or using an app like Palaver on a mobile device.
Alright, thank you. All the same I think we should also have a Discord server, as it couldn't hurt.

EDIT: Alright, so I checked, and I actually do know what this sort of website is. Given that this seems rather inefficient, I am definitely for the creation of a Discord server now. Unless there is someone more up to the task, I may even do it myself.

gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist » 10 Dec 2016 11:26

There is a conlanging subgroup on the Discord server of r/worldbuilding

Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil » 10 Dec 2016 21:32

gestaltist wrote:There is a conlanging subgroup on the Discord server of r/worldbuilding
Okay, that does it. I am making a provisional CBB Discord server unless or until someone decides to make a proper, moderated one. Where can I post the link where only board members can see it?
Spoiler:
(The micro-aggression was not at all directed at you, gestaltist, I just don't like being reminded of that website)

Isfendil
greek
greek

Post by Isfendil » 17 Dec 2016 21:32

Is there an unspidered subforum on the CBB?

Adarain
greek
greek

Post by Adarain » 26 Dec 2016 19:13

There is a discord server for the reddit community. We like to stay a bit hidden as there is a lot of traffic (and, let's be real, a lot of annoying people) on reddit, so it's easy to miss it. The server is quite decently sized and pretty organized (complaints may go straigth to me as I'm part of the modteam). We weren't planning on making another public invite link until after the holidays, but we've decided to make an exception for the CBB as the community is not too big and much more mature than reddit's. We'll be closing this link on the 31st, but feel free to PM me if you stumble upon this at a later date.

https://discord.gg/2MJ6GvQ

Edit - this last part of the message is from me personally, not from the mods:
There are some clueless people there. There are some people there that I'd love to just ban because I find them annoying but they're not breaking rules. But most of the active people are really nice and while a large part of the community originally comes from reddit, most of us are not active there anymore.
At kveldi skal dag lęyfa,
Konu es bręnnd es,
Mæki es ręyndr es,
Męy es gefin es,
Ís es yfir kømr,
Ǫl es drukkit es.

shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by shanoxilt » 31 Dec 2016 09:06

Adarain wrote:There is a discord server for the reddit community.
To be completely harsh, which is to say honest without reservation, the people on that server are garbage.

I've been subject to language policing, harassment, and stalking... and that's just the moderators.
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.

Adarain
greek
greek

Post by Adarain » 31 Dec 2016 09:37

I'm not gonna take our argument here. We have gone over this many times already - you are banned from this server. Both of us know that you don't agree with this decision, but you have broken several of our rules several times, including repeated attempts at circumventing the ban. This discussion is over, I will not respond to you any further. You've had way too many chances already.
At kveldi skal dag lęyfa,
Konu es bręnnd es,
Mæki es ręyndr es,
Męy es gefin es,
Ís es yfir kømr,
Ǫl es drukkit es.

opipik
runic
runic

Post by opipik » 31 Dec 2016 13:12

shanoxilt wrote:
Adarain wrote:There is a discord server for the reddit community.
To be completely harsh, which is to say honest without reservation, the people on that server are garbage.

I've been subject to language policing, harassment, and stalking... and that's just the moderators.
The moderators say that you were harsh.

sangi39

Post by sangi39 » 31 Dec 2016 14:10

I'm not sure whether this recent line of posts breaks any of the House Rules, but I'd suggest not bringing arguments from other boards or servers to the CBB, or at least not to the threads. If you'd like to continue the discussion, you have the option to use private messages.

(friendly nod to Adarain for saying "I'm not gonna take our argument here" [:)])
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

opipik
runic
runic

Post by opipik » 31 Dec 2016 14:18

Okay, thanks. I won't like for a flame war to erupt, too (I don't like them, there's flame everywhere).

sangi39

Post by sangi39 » 31 Dec 2016 15:52

opipik wrote:Okay, thanks. I won't like for a flame war to erupt, too (I don't like them, there's flame everywhere).
One of the reasons I love the CBB. Most of the time if we get close to a flame war it sort of just stops at throwing unlit matches at each other [:P]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.