The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
User avatar
Creyeditor
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4500
Joined: 14 Aug 2012 18:32

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Creyeditor » 29 Mar 2018 22:26

Did anyone notice that Janko was on TV last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnXtFUwHHA :yout: ?
Woop woop! Congratulations Janko [:)]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]

User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7700
Joined: 13 May 2012 01:57

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » 29 Mar 2018 22:31

Ha ha!

Supertalent Hrvatska got jankoed!
Bravo, Janko!
[+1]
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Lambuzhao on 29 Mar 2018 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

shimobaatar
darkness
darkness
Posts: 11157
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 22:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by shimobaatar » 29 Mar 2018 22:32

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to Janko indeed!

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Frislander » 30 Mar 2018 11:51

Bloody hell Janko know literally all the numbers.

User avatar
Reyzadren
sinic
sinic
Posts: 369
Joined: 14 May 2017 09:39
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Reyzadren » 01 Apr 2018 12:19

Janko looks hotter in that video than on his personal website. It's the lighting and make-up that enhances/hinders.

Also, that video has many more views than most typical conlang videos lol
Image Soundcloud Profile | Image griuskant conlang

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Frislander » 01 Apr 2018 14:27

Reyzadren wrote:
01 Apr 2018 12:19
Janko looks hotter in that video than on his personal website. It's the lighting and make-up that enhances/hinders.
I hate to kinkshame but...

User avatar
sangi39
moderator
moderator
Posts: 3169
Joined: 12 Aug 2010 00:53
Location: North Yorkshire, UK

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by sangi39 » 01 Apr 2018 15:10

But why are comments disabled?! Grahh!!
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

shimobaatar
darkness
darkness
Posts: 11157
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 22:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by shimobaatar » 01 Apr 2018 16:59

Happy Western Easter! And somewhat belated well-wishes for Passover!

User avatar
Ossicone
moderator
moderator
Posts: 3695
Joined: 12 Aug 2010 04:20
Location: I've heard it both ways.
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Ossicone » 07 Apr 2018 20:38

After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!

User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7700
Joined: 13 May 2012 01:57

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » 07 Apr 2018 22:00

Frislander wrote:
30 Mar 2018 11:51
Bloody hell Janko know literally all the numbers.
He doth. Forsooth he doth!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Lambuzhao
earth
earth
Posts: 7700
Joined: 13 May 2012 01:57

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » 07 Apr 2018 22:04

Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
W00T!!!!
https://goo.gl/images/RbB1rk

Adventure!!!!!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=&v ... &exph=1946

Adventure Tyme!

shimobaatar
darkness
darkness
Posts: 11157
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 22:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by shimobaatar » 08 Apr 2018 15:18

Happy Eastern Easter! Every year, I like to revisit this Wikipedia page.

Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
Yay! Enjoy!

User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2977
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » 10 Apr 2018 16:09

hello all

I quitted Sahar, because of interpersonal problems. Don't ask though
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!

User avatar
Ànradh
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2100
Joined: 28 Jul 2011 02:57
Location: Cumbernauld, Scotland

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Ànradh » 10 Apr 2018 19:55

Creyeditor wrote:
29 Mar 2018 22:26
Did anyone notice that Janko was on TV last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnXtFUwHHA :yout: ?
Woop woop! Congratulations Janko [:)]
I'm now curious as to how many conlang number systems he's memorised. I know he has some of my older ones (that.. won't have aged well).
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.

User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2977
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » 10 Apr 2018 19:59

Ànradh wrote:
10 Apr 2018 19:55
Creyeditor wrote:
29 Mar 2018 22:26
Did anyone notice that Janko was on TV last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urnXtFUwHHA :yout: ?
Woop woop! Congratulations Janko [:)]
I'm now curious as to how many conlang number systems he's memorised. I know he has some of my older ones (that.. won't have aged well).
uncertain, but seems that he is becoming a celebrity
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!

User avatar
vampireshark
water
water
Posts: 295
Joined: 20 Jan 2012 15:51
Location: Luxembourg (LU); occasionally North Carolina (US)
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by vampireshark » 10 Apr 2018 21:14

Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
Very nice; where to? I found Stockholm quite nice, and surprisingly not that expensive (by Luxembourg standards).
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.

User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2977
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » 10 Apr 2018 21:20

vampireshark wrote:
10 Apr 2018 21:14
Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
Very nice; where to? I found Stockholm quite nice, and surprisingly not that expensive (by Luxembourg standards).
Luxembourg has the highest GDP in the world?
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3226
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by Frislander » 11 Apr 2018 14:39

k1234567890y wrote:
10 Apr 2018 21:20
vampireshark wrote:
10 Apr 2018 21:14
Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
Very nice; where to? I found Stockholm quite nice, and surprisingly not that expensive (by Luxembourg standards).
Luxembourg has the highest GDP in the world?
GDP and cost of living are not the same.

User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 2977
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by k1234567890y » 11 Apr 2018 14:45

Frislander wrote:
11 Apr 2018 14:39
k1234567890y wrote:
10 Apr 2018 21:20
vampireshark wrote:
10 Apr 2018 21:14
Ossicone wrote:
07 Apr 2018 20:38
After all these years, I'm finally going to Sweden in May!
Very nice; where to? I found Stockholm quite nice, and surprisingly not that expensive (by Luxembourg standards).
Luxembourg has the highest GDP in the world?
GDP and cost of living are not the same.
ok...
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!

User avatar
eldin raigmore
fire
fire
Posts: 6259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 18:38
Location: SouthEast Michigan

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Post by eldin raigmore » 11 Apr 2018 18:43

Last night I was watching Stephen Colbert and he mentioned that Seth Meyers and “his beautiful wife” have had a baby.

Just now I was looking at Khemekhis’s “Apposition” thread and it triggered the following question in my mind:

How can we tell when an adjective is appositional and when it is restrictive?

Did Stephen mean “Seth’s wife ( who is also beautiful )”? Or did he mean “the beautiful one of Seth’s wives (not the ugly one)”?

Without applying encyclopedic knowledge that not everyone has, how would I have known (or rather how would some other listener have known) which he meant?

Post Reply