Page 79 of 87

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 03 Jan 2019 12:11
by Lambuzhao
Clearly, it is awaiting the nickname "BB8". :roll:

But, otherwise, a fantastic surprise from NASA! [:D]

i rank it up there with Juno's utterly amazing pics of swirling Jovian clouds upon clouds, and "Fudgie the Whale" on Pluto ( ¿ Mare Fudgihvalense? ) !!
:mrgreen:

Martian Winds scored Best Runner Up ~!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 03 Jan 2019 18:11
by elemtilas
Lambuzhao wrote:
03 Jan 2019 12:11
Martian Winds scored Best Runner Up ~!
BB8 = [<3]

Martian Winds: did you mean a visual or the sound track??

Frankly, the sound is gloria in excelsis!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:12
by Khemehekis
shimobaatar wrote:
02 Jan 2019 13:41
Khemehekis wrote:
02 Jan 2019 07:41
So today, Americans born January 1, 1979 turned 40.
But people from other countries are somehow still 39. [:P]
I said that because it was more than 24 hours ago that people in, say, Japan had turned 40 at the time, so what with my timing in posting, it wouldn't exactly be "today" in those parts of the world.

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:19
by shimobaatar
In any case, that comment wasn't intended to be taken as serious criticism. I knew what you meant, but I found a potential misinterpretation somewhat funny.

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 05 Jan 2019 06:31
by Khemehekis
Oh, OK.

Hee hee hee!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 03:34
by shimobaatar
Arrived back at school today. Classes start up again on Monday.

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 05:57
by KaiTheHomoSapien
^Same here.

Looking forward to some new classes, including one on Herodotus. [:)]

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 16:59
by Lambuzhao
KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:
06 Jan 2019 05:57
^Same here.

Looking forward to some new classes, including one on Herodotus. [:)]
Ἡρόδοτος Λύξου ἁλικαρνασσεὺς ~ ¡ εὖγε δή! 
<Herodotus>NOM.SG <Lyxes>GEN.SG <HALICARNASSUS><EXO>NOM.SG EXCLAM EXCLAM

؛ ἢ ἑλληνιστί ἢ ἀγγλικιστί ;
CNJ greek<ADVZ> CNJ english<ADVZ>
with deleterious hellene intent, or for nefarious historical purposes?
Not an exact translation, but you could answer historically or linguistically

¡¡Ave Herodote, Pater Historiæ!!
[:D]

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 17:00
by Lambuzhao
shimobaatar wrote:
06 Jan 2019 03:34
Arrived back at school today. Classes start up again on Monday.
W00T!
¡Ándale!
:mrgreen:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 17:03
by Lambuzhao
Khemehekis wrote:
05 Jan 2019 06:12
shimobaatar wrote:
02 Jan 2019 13:41
Khemehekis wrote:
02 Jan 2019 07:41
So today, Americans born January 1, 1979 turned 40.
But people from other countries are somehow still 39. [:P]
I said that because it was more than 24 hours ago that people in, say, Japan had turned 40 at the time, so what with my timing in posting, it wouldn't exactly be "today" in those parts of the world.
Gawd, I wish I were 39 againe…

just celebrated another birthday. I suppose it was mine. :roll:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 17:08
by Lambuzhao
elemtilas wrote:
03 Jan 2019 18:11
Lambuzhao wrote:
03 Jan 2019 12:11
Martian Winds scored Best Runner Up ~!
BB8 = [<3]

Martian Winds: did you mean a visual or the sound track??

Frankly, the sound is gloria in excelsis!
Honestly, I was really stumped. Clearly, the Juno & BB8 pics are Best Visual category.

What would the Areolic (Areios+ Æolic (¿Æolian?) ) Concerto be considered? A soundtrack? Sound effects? Sound Mixing?
Ugh! I'm thinking too hard on this.

Best Soundtrack for 2018 goes to Areolic Concerto, little green hands down!
:mrgreen:

Though, y'know, Jovian Plasma Waves wasn't half bad… :wat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP0gpjgJBxw

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 18:04
by KaiTheHomoSapien
Lambuzhao wrote:
06 Jan 2019 16:59
Ἡρόδοτος Λύξου ἁλικαρνασσεὺς ~ ¡ εὖγε δή! 
<Herodotus>NOM.SG <Lyxes>GEN.SG <HALICARNASSUS><EXO>NOM.SG EXCLAM EXCLAM

؛ ἢ ἑλληνιστί ἢ ἀγγλικιστί ;
CNJ greek<ADVZ> CNJ english<ADVZ>
with deleterious hellene intent, or for nefarious historical purposes?
Not an exact translation, but you could answer historically or linguistically

¡¡Ave Herodote, Pater Historiæ!!
[:D]
It's both [:D] We will be doing some translations, but also learning the history. The tests will be a combination of both.

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 06 Jan 2019 20:14
by Lambuzhao
KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:
06 Jan 2019 18:04
Lambuzhao wrote:
06 Jan 2019 16:59
Ἡρόδοτος Λύξου ἁλικαρνασσεὺς ~ ¡ εὖγε δή! 
<Herodotus>NOM.SG <Lyxes>GEN.SG <HALICARNASSUS><EXO>NOM.SG EXCLAM EXCLAM

؛ ἢ ἑλληνιστί ἢ ἀγγλικιστί ;
CNJ greek<ADVZ> CNJ english<ADVZ>
with deleterious hellene intent, or for nefarious historical purposes?
Not an exact translation, but you could answer historically or linguistically

¡¡Ave Herodote, Pater Historiæ!!
[:D]
It's both [:D] We will be doing some translations, but also learning the history. The tests will be a combination of both.
[O.O]
ΩΠΑ!
BONA FORTUNA ~ BONA FORTITUDO ~ ΕΥΤΥΧΗ~!!!

Wow!!! Good Luck/Courage/Strength!!!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 01:53
by elemtilas
Lambuzhao wrote:
06 Jan 2019 17:08
elemtilas wrote:
03 Jan 2019 18:11
Lambuzhao wrote:
03 Jan 2019 12:11
Martian Winds scored Best Runner Up ~!
BB8 = [<3]

Martian Winds: did you mean a visual or the sound track??

Frankly, the sound is gloria in excelsis!
Honestly, I was really stumped. Clearly, the Juno & BB8 pics are Best Visual category.

What would the Areolic (Areios+ Æolic (¿Æolian?) ) Concerto be considered? A soundtrack? Sound effects? Sound Mixing?
Ugh! I'm thinking too hard on this.

Best Soundtrack for 2018 goes to Areolic Concerto, little green hands down!
:mrgreen:

Though, y'know, Jovian Plasma Waves wasn't half bad… :wat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP0gpjgJBxw
Hmm...I had a completely different Areola in mind...! :mrgreen:

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 02:58
by shimobaatar
KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:
06 Jan 2019 05:57
^Same here.

Looking forward to some new classes, including one on Herodotus. [:)]
Oh, wow, that sounds interesting! Enjoy!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 03:18
by elemtilas
shimobaatar wrote:
07 Jan 2019 02:58
KaiTheHomoSapien wrote:
06 Jan 2019 05:57
^Same here.

Looking forward to some new classes, including one on Herodotus. [:)]
Oh, wow, that sounds interesting! Enjoy!
A class on Herodotus would have been nice...

Definitely some juicy geopoetical inspiration in there!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 10:34
by Khemehekis
sangi39 wrote:
02 Jan 2019 19:10
From what I can remember, it was probably an amalgam, but I'm honestly not sure.

After some talking with my ex, pretty sure it was the filling that fell out. Haven't gotten it sorted out yet though [:P]
Id it was an amalgam, then I'd imagine not seeing a filling in the mirror means it's fallen out!

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 12:30
by sangi39
Khemehekis wrote:
07 Jan 2019 10:34
sangi39 wrote:
02 Jan 2019 19:10
From what I can remember, it was probably an amalgam, but I'm honestly not sure.

After some talking with my ex, pretty sure it was the filling that fell out. Haven't gotten it sorted out yet though [:P]
Id it was an amalgam, then I'd imagine not seeing a filling in the mirror means it's fallen out!
Definitely the filling, but oh well [:P]

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 12:36
by sangi39
Finally got my new laptop, arrived on Friday. Other than installing a browser and antivirus stuff, I haven't moved anything over from my old laptop (which is about 8000 songs, few dozen audiobooks, and then some random dreck). Instead, I've spent a total of 20 hours over the weekend playing Minecraft, since I finally have a laptop that can play the damn thing at more than half a frame per second. So far, I have this:

Image

Started planning it before the laptop arrived. 243 blocks across, 243 blocks front to back, and 60 blocks high (give or take). Didn't quite realise the scale I was planning to work on until I started laying out the basic outline for it [:P]

Re: The Quintessential 5th Conversation Thread

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 15:53
by shimobaatar
Oh, wow, nice work! Is it meant to be something specific, or just a design you came up with to build for the fun of it?

I'd honestly almost forgotten about Minecraft. I haven't played in years.