World Anvil

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
yangfiretiger121
sinic
sinic

World Anvil

Post by yangfiretiger121 » 03 Jul 2019 18:55

As I've stated several times before, the conlangs I'm working on are being used in a roleplay setting. Recently, I've started cataloging the setting on World Anvil, which is an aggregation service. Those of you who share my interest in roleplaying may want to think about using some of your conlangs in roleplay as well.
Alien conlangs (Font may be needed for Vai symbols)

Reyzadren
greek
greek

Re: World Anvil

Post by Reyzadren » 04 Jul 2019 00:35

I feel like if I were to use this site, it'll have the same problems as me using other sites or forums for this purpose, ie, there would be a lack of pictures to describe my conworld so it'll just be read like a normal wall-of-text wiki.

In terms of gaming, how are the collaboration features there though? For example, how easy would it be to link up my "conworld" with yours, or to link other conlangers' stuff with yours? (if you want to be in a shared meta world somehow with other people ofc)
Image Soundcloud Profile | Image griuskant conlang

yangfiretiger121
sinic
sinic

Post by yangfiretiger121 » 04 Jul 2019 02:27

I don't know about the full suite of collaboration features as of yet cause I haven't had a chance to use them. Although, as far as your example goes, it's very easy to link stuff together. The only thing that needs done after world creation is campaign creation. Then, you can work in silence, as I've been doing, or invite people to join. However, I don't know if invites are by username (mine's TurkeySloth) or email address. While World creation doesn't require selection of a RPG system, Campaign creation does.
Alien conlangs (Font may be needed for Vai symbols)

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 04 Jul 2019 21:07

Reyzadren wrote:
04 Jul 2019 00:35
I feel like if I were to use this site, it'll have the same problems as me using other sites or forums for this purpose, ie, there would be a lack of pictures to describe my conworld so it'll just be read like a normal wall-of-text wiki.
I always found World Anvil to be very unintuitive and there doesn't seem to be any easy way to actually explore. Very roundabout. I think I put a couple articles and a story there and never bothered going back.

As for images, I think you can make your articles as wall-of-text or image rich as you like! Of course, you can do the same in a normal wiki, too, (like Frath) but with a lot less trouble.