Family Language

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Ashroot
sinic
sinic

Family Language

Post by Ashroot » 12 Mar 2011 13:50

Now this was spawned by MosroZolu and how he has a "family language." Now this gave me an idea (be afraid) if conlanging were a commonality that was required of all the males and or females that are not first born. Imagine in high school instead of French class you are taught how to make a language. They would be expected to complete this language before they are married. The language would take characteristics of the previous family language.

Or when two people are about to get married or are in a relationship nearly certain to lead to marriage they work together to combine their previous family languages.

I would imagine this might evolve from an overbearing government were privacy was an issue so conlangs were used to fight back. That or it was a trend started on an internet forum.
Last edited by Ashroot on 15 Mar 2011 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Got tired of my old one.

lsd
roman
roman

Re: Family Language

Post by lsd » 12 Mar 2011 18:22

privatejoke is sometime something like a family language isn t it

Ossicone

Post by Ossicone » 12 Mar 2011 18:36

If this is to counteract an invasive government why woud it be taught in schools?

Also why make a whole separate language when you could probably just get away with a relex or some kind of language game (ex- rhyming slang/pig latin)?

Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo » 13 Mar 2011 05:00

Ashroot wrote:I would imagine this might evolve from an overbarring government were privacy was an issue so conlangs were used to fight back.
Kill everyone who uses a language other than english/esperanto/whatever the official language(s) is(are).

No more problem.
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter

Ashroot
sinic
sinic

Post by Ashroot » 14 Mar 2011 04:03

I just thought it was a fun idea.

As to how? Who cares? Wouldn't be fun to have children raised on the thought capable of surpassing you?
Got tired of my old one.

Chelsara
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Chelsara » 14 Mar 2011 04:13

I think this is a really cool idea.

I hope my future husband has some interest in languages. I want to do this.

Avjunza
sinic
sinic

Post by Avjunza » 14 Mar 2011 13:52

Micamo wrote: Kill everyone who uses a language other than english/esperanto/whatever the official language(s) is(are).

No more problem.
This is the second topic in a short space of time in which your solution to something is to kill everyone.

I recommend this song.

Back on topic, if we were all to try and teach our kids, friends and relatives about conlanging, then in future something similar to this could be possible - at least, us conlangers would become a large enough group that conlanging would cease to be such an underground activity, and presumably, a lot more people would spend their time messing around with made up languages, and trying to get others to learn them.

My point, I guess, is that we need to convert others to our hobby! Conlangers must dominate! All who oppose us will be infected with linguistic AIDS!

Conlang Or Die!

Ashroot
sinic
sinic

Post by Ashroot » 15 Mar 2011 03:48

Now I am pursuing a dark path that may lead to conflict so read only for laughs. I am closing the peanut gallery for this single post only.
Spoiler:
I a very disappointed in MrKrov and Micamo.

Spoiler:
Ashroot wrote:Or when two people are about to get married or are in a relationship nearly certain to end in marriage they work together to combine their previous family languages.
I am fixing it to...
Ashroot wrote:Or when two people are about to get married or are in a relationship nearly certain to lead to marriage they work together to combine their previous family languages.
Got tired of my old one.

hadad
sinic
sinic

Post by hadad » 05 Apr 2011 18:11

Spoiler:
Hadad wrote:The state runs the schools, that's why they don't even teach you that constructed langauges exist. Lest you thward their autocratic aims/plans
I've got no proof, I'm just saying.
Know phrases in more languages than can fit in this signature.
Speaks English and Spanish.
Reads Sumerian.
There is more.

ian9113
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by ian9113 » 28 Apr 2011 14:42

If I ever became a ruler of some amount of people, whether it be a family or country, I would force them to learn my own language, then I would make them create their own languages. Natlangs are so overrated.
Deutsche Sprache = schwere Sprache
:eng: :deu: :hun: (kezdő)
:con: Adranivicu
:con: Minten