Simple Question... Difference Between:

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Simple Question... Difference Between:

Post by Taurenzine » 09 Nov 2016 14:45

Ok, so I'm a noob when it comes to creating languages and stuff like that... so I would like to know the difference between a Nativelang and a Conlang. Is a Nativelang just a language that's more native and/or natural? can a language that you've spent time creating be called a native language? I want to know this, because I don't want to annoy the more veteran conlangers/worldbuilders if I'm using the wrong words to mean the wrong things. please help! (also check out my other posts on the language I'm making)

gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Re: Simple Question... Difference Between:

Post by gestaltist » 09 Nov 2016 14:47

I've never heard of "nativelang." A "natlang" is a "natural language" - so an actual, naturally evolved language spoken by some people in our world, as opposed to a "conlang" - a "constructed language" - so a language artificially created by somebody.

Does that help?

Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine » 09 Nov 2016 14:49

gestaltist wrote:I've never heard of "nativelang." A "natlang" is a "natural language" - so an actual, naturally evolved language spoken by some people in our world, as opposed to a "conlang" - a "constructed language" - so a language artificially created by somebody.

Does that help?
Yes, Thank you [:D] sorry for the noob question

Frislander
runic
runic

Post by Frislander » 09 Nov 2016 17:28

Taurenzine wrote:
gestaltist wrote:I've never heard of "nativelang." A "natlang" is a "natural language" - so an actual, naturally evolved language spoken by some people in our world, as opposed to a "conlang" - a "constructed language" - so a language artificially created by somebody.

Does that help?
Don't be! This is how noobs stop being noobs - through asking questions and getting decent answers.

Taurenzine
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Taurenzine » 10 Nov 2016 17:20

Frislander wrote:
Taurenzine wrote:

Does that help?
Don't be! This is how noobs stop being noobs - through asking questions and getting decent answers.
Thanks [:D]