Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Post Reply
User avatar
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1815
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 07:19

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by All4Ɇn » 12 Aug 2014 16:57

öikhendírs [ˌøjxɛnˈdiɾs] a noun
Snowflake

Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5640
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Lao Kou » 12 Aug 2014 18:34

All4Ɇn wrote:Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi
ivy

Next: zhdéínggoks [ˌʒde.iŋˈgoks] a noun
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5759
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Ahzoh » 14 Aug 2014 02:47

Lao Kou wrote:
All4Ɇn wrote:Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi
ivy

Next: zhdéínggoks [ˌʒde.iŋˈgoks] a noun
a spirit that eats dreams, like a baku?

Next: p-y, an abstract meaning for a proto-root from which to derive p-y-d to sacrifice
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
lhykv
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic
Posts: 42
Joined: 13 Aug 2014 05:48
Location: Hong Kong SAR

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by lhykv » 14 Aug 2014 05:42

Ahzoh wrote:
Lao Kou wrote:
All4Ɇn wrote:Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi
ivy

Next: zhdéínggoks [ˌʒde.iŋˈgoks] a noun
a spirit that eats dreams, like a baku?

Next: p-y, an abstract meaning for a proto-root from which to derive p-y-d to sacrifice
p-y: of religious rituals

Next: xlixli an onomatopoeia
xexev monus kotumon
possibility realm.GEN up.LOCZ
beyond the realm of possibility

Conlang: Emedim (Elementi), the Language of Creation

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5759
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Ahzoh » 14 Aug 2014 06:09

lhykv wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:
Lao Kou wrote:
All4Ɇn wrote:Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi
ivy

Next: zhdéínggoks [ˌʒde.iŋˈgoks] a noun
a spirit that eats dreams, like a baku?

Next: p-y, an abstract meaning for a proto-root from which to derive p-y-d to sacrifice
p-y: of religious rituals

Next: xlixli an onomatopoeia
an onomatopoeia to warbling, you'd be surprised that zaf-zaf is an onomatopoeia for barking

I already got a root relating to religious rituals and sacredness and that's h-r, besides, I wasn't referring to sacrifice in the religious sense.

Here's more:
ṉ-r-ḵ, verb derived from ṉ-r relating to lifting, strength, but not "to be strong" or "to lift"
ḥ-l-t, verb derived from ḥ-l relating to bending, arching, leaning, but not "to lean", "to bend" or "to sit"
Both could be idiomatic.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
lhykv
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic
Posts: 42
Joined: 13 Aug 2014 05:48
Location: Hong Kong SAR

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by lhykv » 14 Aug 2014 07:15

Ahzoh wrote:
lhykv wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:
Lao Kou wrote:
All4Ɇn wrote:Next: Rhubîk [ʁybɪk] an animal/plant/fungi
ivy

Next: zhdéínggoks [ˌʒde.iŋˈgoks] a noun
a spirit that eats dreams, like a baku?

Next: p-y, an abstract meaning for a proto-root from which to derive p-y-d to sacrifice
p-y: of religious rituals

Next: xlixli an onomatopoeia
an onomatopoeia to warbling, you'd be surprised that zaf-zaf is an onomatopoeia for barking

I already got a root relating to religious rituals and sacredness and that's h-r, besides, I wasn't referring to sacrifice in the religious sense.

Here's more:
ṉ-r-ḵ, verb derived from ṉ-r relating to lifting, strength, but not "to be strong" or "to lift"
ḥ-l-t, verb derived from ḥ-l relating to bending, arching, leaning, but not "to lean", "to bend" or "to sit"
Both could be idiomatic.
ṉ-r-ḵ: to build sth
ḥ-l-t: to flatten sth (maybe even dough)
xexev monus kotumon
possibility realm.GEN up.LOCZ
beyond the realm of possibility

Conlang: Emedim (Elementi), the Language of Creation

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5640
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Lao Kou » 16 Aug 2014 13:36

lhykv wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:ṉ-r-ḵ, verb
ḥ-l-t, verb
ṉ-r-ḵ: to build sth
ḥ-l-t: to flatten sth (maybe even dough)
Needs a feed here.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
lhykv
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic
Posts: 42
Joined: 13 Aug 2014 05:48
Location: Hong Kong SAR

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by lhykv » 16 Aug 2014 13:44

Elementi
mexmex
(Onomatopoeia again)
xexev monus kotumon
possibility realm.GEN up.LOCZ
beyond the realm of possibility

Conlang: Emedim (Elementi), the Language of Creation

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5640
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Lao Kou » 17 Aug 2014 04:30

lhykv wrote:Elementi
mexmex
(Onomatopoeia again)
creaking back and forth (eg. a rocking chair, a cradle, a swing, saloon doors, bamboo in the breeze, a seesaw, a hand water pump, etc. )

Next: çöbeznauks [ˌɕøbɛˈznɔks] a noun
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1815
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 07:19

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by All4Ɇn » 19 Aug 2014 15:41

A fort

Next:

Eyo [ɛjo] & Éyo [ejo]: Two words (with at least 1 of the 2 a noun) that contrast with Êyo [ejo]- Hello

User avatar
Dormouse559
moderator
moderator
Posts: 2773
Joined: 10 Nov 2012 20:52
Location: California

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Dormouse559 » 20 Aug 2014 20:39

eyo adj. - far away
éyo n. - abject fear, mortal terror

ʻipagka [ˈʔepæŋkæ] an abstract noun

User avatar
k1234567890y
runic
runic
Posts: 3047
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by k1234567890y » 20 Aug 2014 21:05

Dormouse559 wrote:eyo adj. - far away
éyo n. - abject fear, mortal terror

ʻipagka [ˈʔepæŋkæ] an abstract noun
ineptitude; inability

Next:

s-p- a biconsonantal root.
...

User avatar
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1815
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 07:19

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by All4Ɇn » 22 Aug 2014 18:50

k1234567890y wrote: s-p- a biconsonantal root.
Indicates a verb is a secondary action occurring after a main action

Next:
Oïko [o.i.ko]- A mythical animal/monster that can fly

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4577
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by DesEsseintes » 22 Aug 2014 22:41

All4Ɇn wrote:Next:
Oïko [o.i.ko]- A mythical animal/monster that can fly
roc

Next: nıltuıc [nɪldwek̚]
a masculine animate noun

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5759
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Ahzoh » 23 Aug 2014 02:43

DesEsseintes wrote:Next: nıltuıc [nɪldwek̚]
a masculine animate noun
boar

Next: čarr [c͡çar]
a desert animal, but not a goat, camel, vulture, or sheep.

Also: p-d
a proto-root with an abstract meaning from which to derive p-y-d "to sacrifice", but I already have a proto-root with ideas relating to sacredness and purity. It could be as scarcely related as "to stitch" or "to become smaller" being derived from "cutting"
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4577
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by DesEsseintes » 01 Sep 2014 17:50

Next: čarr [c͡çar]
iguana
Also: p-d
to lay out

Next: ıwáakı
a frequent noun

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5640
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Lao Kou » 01 Sep 2014 18:35

DesEsseintes wrote:Next: ıwáakı a frequent noun
end

Next: vgoihibs [ˈvgojhɪbs] a noun
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4577
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by DesEsseintes » 02 Sep 2014 06:16

Lao Kou wrote:Next: vgoihibs [ˈvgojhɪbs] a noun
dowel

Next: dóonı
a noun

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5640
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by Lao Kou » 02 Sep 2014 09:38

DesEsseintes wrote:Next: dóonı a noun
yam, sweet potato

Next: rhkoukuts [ˈXkaʊkuts] a noun
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4577
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Reverse CBB Lexicon Building

Post by DesEsseintes » 02 Sep 2014 09:49

Lao Kou wrote:Next: rhkoukuts [ˈXkaʊkuts] a noun
aide-de-camp

Next: boyéét
a noun

Post Reply