Collab-Conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Raydred
cuneiform
cuneiform

Collab-Conlang

Post by Raydred » 25 Aug 2012 00:50

I'm looking for someone who's interesting in creating a lang.
I love languages but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and because I always manage to find some flaws in my conlangs I end up trying to correct them endlessly, so with lack of progress, nothing definite comes out. I suspect that 2 persons working together can make a language stable. Fluently, I only speak Portuguese and English.

What type of lang was I making?
Spoiler:
I'm a maths addict so that may explain a part of my aesthetics for simplicity and logic, or maybe not.
Phonetics: I had lots of phonemes but I made sure I could always pronounce and understand them. But I definitely dislike non-straightforward orthographies and irregular orthographies.
Script: My idealized script would be a continuous vertical script in which consonants make the major symbol and vowels are subtle differences in the consonants symbols.
Grammar: My main conlang was always based on this notion. The vast majority of words describe a group of "objects" that have a certain characteristic. By including groups into groups sentences form. [crude example: The "cat", "that is here", is a "blue thing".]
Of course I'm not going to impose anything, it's what suits the taste of all that stays. (I'd only ask for the orthography not to irregular)

So anyone interested in a collab?

rafaeru
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Collab-Conlang

Post by rafaeru » 25 Aug 2012 10:32

I'm interested in a collab. I'm perfectionist and didn't created any conlangs because of that. I have conlangs projects moving in my head but they never go out because I think they are too bad to be done.
Native: French Fluent: English, toki pona Learning: German, Esperanto, Chinese and Japanese.

CMunk
greek
greek

Post by CMunk » 25 Aug 2012 11:18

I'm in the same boat as you. I have become pretty good with phonologies and conscripts, but have a hard time with grammar and coming up with words.

I'm in! Unless of course three is a crowd?
Native: :dan: | Fluent: :uk: | Less than fluent: :deu:, :jpn:, :epo: | Beginner: Image, :fao:, :non:
Creating: :con:Jwar Nong, :con:Mhmmz

Batailleur
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Batailleur » 25 Aug 2012 14:22

Trying can't hurt, can it? :mrgreen:
ILR 5 = :eng:
ILR 4 = :rus:
ILR 3 = None
ILR 2 = :fra:
ILR 1 = None
Abandoned = :gla: (Scots), :sqi:, :heb:, :epo:
Current Obsession = ASL

Raydred
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Raydred » 25 Aug 2012 15:11

Well, let's go with this setup then. I'm gonna pm you.

Edit: Wow I just noticed noticed you weren't rafaeru. This seems a bit big but let's try it out.

Raydred
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Raydred » 25 Aug 2012 15:17

Nevermind with the pm.
I've never done a collab before. Using the forum seems spammy to me honestly.
Do you want to go to skype text, or voice, whatever suits you, or some other form of communication.

Batailleur
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Batailleur » 25 Aug 2012 15:49

Raydred wrote:Nevermind with the pm.
I've never done a collab before. Using the forum seems spammy to me honestly.
Do you want to go to skype text, or voice, whatever suits you, or some other form of communication.
PM seems like a good idea no?
ILR 5 = :eng:
ILR 4 = :rus:
ILR 3 = None
ILR 2 = :fra:
ILR 1 = None
Abandoned = :gla: (Scots), :sqi:, :heb:, :epo:
Current Obsession = ASL