Con-Script Development Centre

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Ahzoh
korean
korean

Re: Con-Script Development Centre

Post by Ahzoh » 05 Feb 2014 04:08

Well I certaintly managed to create all my diacritics and they sure look fancy.
Image Ӯсцӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Vṛḵažaẇ (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness

Post by Thrice Xandvii » 05 Feb 2014 11:23

clawgrip wrote:I have designed (actually it will probably never end) a completely logographic script, as well as a logosyllabic one, both of which I have shown here to some extent. I actually posted samples in your old thread about this. You have mentioned your script a couple times but never shown it. I am interested to see what it looks like.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really like your script Clawgrip. It is very naturalistic!
Ahzoh wrote:Well I certaintly managed to create all my diacritics and they sure look fancy.
Among the examples in your sig, I like the one that resembles an "h" or "k" the best (it's the first one above the 7-looking character). Also, the s-like one above the back-to-back Rs is nice. I especially like how they don't look exactly like normal diacritics and have their own unique flair.

k1234567890y
runic
runic

Post by k1234567890y » 05 Feb 2014 11:58

some samples of the script of Lonmai Luna/Liunan I worked in 2012:

http://k1234567890y.deviantart.com/art/ ... -293232048

however, it is still far from being completed, and some characters might be changed or deleted eventually.
私のアツい人工言語活動!言カツ!始まります!!

Ahzoh
korean
korean

Post by Ahzoh » 05 Feb 2014 13:15

XXXVII wrote:
clawgrip wrote:I have designed (actually it will probably never end) a completely logographic script, as well as a logosyllabic one, both of which I have shown here to some extent. I actually posted samples in your old thread about this. You have mentioned your script a couple times but never shown it. I am interested to see what it looks like.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I really like your script Clawgrip. It is very naturalistic!
Ahzoh wrote:Well I certaintly managed to create all my diacritics and they sure look fancy.
Among the examples in your sig, I like the one that resembles an "h" or "k" the best (it's the first one above the 7-looking character). Also, the s-like one above the back-to-back Rs is nice. I especially like how they don't look exactly like normal diacritics and have their own unique flair.
I intended to think it's an N with a curved end. I like it most too, it represents /a/.
It was why I took so long as I plan to have them develope into the vowel letters in Arkéan's alphabet.
At least none of it is the dyslexic's nightmare I fear it would be.

Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall » 05 Feb 2014 15:15

I have some ideas, but I developed no graphical symbol.

These are the letters:
m n - no diacritic
p t k f s ʃ x - A diacritic will say that the phoneme is voiced.
l - The same diacritic will say that the phoneme is ɾ.
a ɛ i ɔ u - An upper diacritic will say that the phonemes are ə e j o w, and a lower diacritic will say that the phonemes are nasalized. Both diacritics can be used simultaneously.
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 07 Feb 2014 23:28

Good job for your works and thank you for your participation so far, everyone!
Keeping this post short. Here's something that I am working on which is planned for personal use only. Not everything is shown, of course.
Spoiler:
Still deciding the phonetics.

See what's in development at The Conscript Development Centre! You are always welcome to share your graphemes and ideas!

CatDoom
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by CatDoom » 08 Feb 2014 02:18

This is something I came up with for a now more-or-less abandoned conlang that was based mostly on an odd blending of Malagasy and Mutsun. I think Ogham's really neat, and it struck me that a similar script might actually work more intuitively as a syllabary, so that's what I've done here. The symbols are mostly drawn from native Californian basket designs.

One element of the script that isn't obvious from the chart is that each symbol has a reduced form (which you can see in the title across the top of the page), which is used to indicate syllable codas. The script mostly works because the language (which was called Riktas Rammay) has a minimal vowel system and a strict CV(C) syllable structure. I may try something similar again if I make another, similarly phonologically simple conlang.

Incidentally, the consonant represented here as "dd" is an alveolar tap; I later changed the orthography to make it <r>. The language had a regular system of consonant mutations, but I don't remember why I chose to represent one of the consonants as <p> before /a/ but <f> otherwise.

Ahzoh
korean
korean

Post by Ahzoh » 08 Feb 2014 04:07

@Andivah:
I certaintly like this letter:

I'm think of making a diacritic for my uvularized stops.

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 08 Feb 2014 20:34

[Freaking out internally] I am in love with your work! I admire anyone with the patience to make a beautiful script, especially if it's logographic! I don't have that kind of patience, sadly.
Ahzoh wrote:@Andivah:
I certaintly like this letter:
Thank you very much!

See what's in development at The Conscript Development Centre! You are always welcome to share your graphemes and ideas!

Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness

Post by Thrice Xandvii » 09 Feb 2014 11:13

With Ahzoh always talking about his tri-literal root language... I thought it would be fun to come up with a script that isn't an abjad but was still crafted to work well with that system.

So, this script was born out of the idea that two vowels should inhabit one character and thereby one glyph could be changed to completely alter the realization of a word. <MZK> + <ao> could yield mazok, amzko, or mzako depending upon placement. Likewise, if you change the vowel diacritics, suddenly you have <uü> and can then get muzük, uzmük or mzukü!
Spoiler:
I don't have a name for it yet (or consonants mapped out)... but I really like the one example on the bottom of the page and in a preliminary version, the consonants were C' (where c=/tʃ/ and '=/Ɂ/). So, it's called <Tshu'a> /tʃu.Ɂa/ for now at least.
Last edited by Thrice Xandvii on 11 Oct 2014 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 09 Feb 2014 11:43

It looks nice, XXXVII! I love the idea (and good penmanship, too)!
Gosh, this just reminds me that I really need to start focusing on fewer -langs at a time. Speaking of... does anyone have tips on the organization and development of grammatical syntax?

Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness

Post by Thrice Xandvii » 09 Feb 2014 12:39

AndivahXevos wrote:It looks nice, XXXVII! I love the idea (and good penmanship, too)!
Thank you! Good penmanship? While that is neater than usual (I assume you mean the English in the PNG)... it's not anything I would call "good."
Gosh, this just reminds me that I really need to start focusing on fewer -langs at a time.
I've often had that problem, too... as I think we may have discussed. For me, it is an issue of getting the phonemes done, and getting a script to where I like it... then I lose interest and move on.

In this case, the script just presented was done over the course of an evening or two at work, and won't really go any farther than it is since I don't have plans to make a triliteral root language to test it out on. I've managed to remain focused on Sijaam Tû by not "finishing" the script. It is in a mostly completed state, but I just decided that I will definitely be adding logographic elements to it in the form of some of the older verb stems, and a host of pronouns and/or particles that have survived from the ancestor language into the "new age" along side the alphabet that they now use.

(Remind me to post some examples when I get that far... both here and in the 'lang's thread.)
Speaking of... does anyone have tips on the organization and development of grammatical syntax?
Who to the what now? Do you mean for the purposes of getting started in crafting grammar and syntax for a 'lang? Like a sort of guide?
Last edited by Thrice Xandvii on 09 Feb 2014 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip » 09 Feb 2014 12:42

XXXVII wrote:
Thank you, by the way!

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 09 Feb 2014 12:50

XXXVII wrote:
AndivahXevos wrote:Speaking of... does anyone have tips on the organization and development of grammatical syntax?
Who to the what now? Do you mean for the purposes of getting started in crafting grammar and syntax for a 'lang? Like a sort of guide?
Yes, that's what I mean. I could just use a good point in the right direction since I'm rather new to the conlang scene.

Thrice Xandvii
darkness
darkness

Post by Thrice Xandvii » 09 Feb 2014 15:14

Squall wrote:I have some ideas, but I developed no graphical symbol.

These are the letters:
/m n/ - no diacritic
/p t k f s ʃ x/ - A diacritic will say that the phoneme is voiced.
/l/ - The same diacritic will say that the phoneme is /ɾ/.
/a ɛ i ɔ u/ - An upper diacritic will say that the phonemes are /ə e j o w/, and a lower diacritic will say that the phonemes are nasalized. Both diacritics can be used simultaneously.
Hmmm, what type/style were you looking for? Is there a particular family of scripts that you like? I am sure one of use would be glad to get the ball rolling on gathering ideas, but you should give us a bit more "artistic" direction than a phoneme inventory and a few diacritic ideas. Is this meant to be an alphabet?
AndivahXevos wrote:Yes, that's what I mean. I could just use a good point in the right direction since I'm rather new to the conlang scene.
Dunno if this'll help much or not: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1958

I posted a full on description of Sijaam Tû's conscript over here. You folks should check it out!

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 24 Feb 2014 09:49

XXXVII wrote:Dunno if this'll help much or not: http:aveneca.com/cbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1958
It does help quite a bit, thank you. However, I was hoping for a guide which talks about grammar a little more heavily. I've done some searching and I have found some more info, so everything is well! I will always be open to new information if there is something particular that I should know.
XXXVII wrote:I posted a full on description of Sijaam Tû's conscript over here. You folks should check it out!
I like it! I wish I could say more, but I don't have enough experiece to say much else... It would also help if I had not deprived myself of sleep. No regrets.

AndivahXevos
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by AndivahXevos » 04 Mar 2014 20:44

Some sketches of a scrapped conlang. I have no intention to use it, so it is free game as long as I have some sort of notice.
Spoiler:
I appreciate questions and criticism, so have at it, then! [:)]
Last edited by AndivahXevos on 10 Mar 2014 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing » 04 Mar 2014 22:55

I've been working on a larger font for the Gaku script. It's more square-based than the smaller font I've been showing so far.

One thought is that the larger font could be used for headlines and stuff - and be written horizontally, from left to right, while the smaller font could be used for body text - and be written vertically, with each root forming a unified block.

Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing » 07 Mar 2014 06:52

I've been trying out a syllabary this morning:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

/kahattuharcika/

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

/huccantakurtuh/

ImageImageImageImageImage

/mirnuhkan/

I've made separate final, medial and initial glyphs. Each glyph represents a /C/ or /CV/ sequence. There are some featural/abugidaish tendencies, but those are not 100% consistent.

Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval » 09 Mar 2014 19:07

I made this. My lack of PAINT.NET skills is partly why it looks sloppy.
Spoiler:
In order from left to right, top to bottom row, these are the romanizations and possible pronunciations of each glyph.
<j q y i ì u w a e> [j h/k ɨ i ɪ u w a e]
<è h m f p n k o s> [ə ∅ m f p n/ŋ k o s]
<z v r l g b d t x> [z v ɹ l g b d t x]
There are also two digraphs: <sj zj> [ʃ ʒ]
The script has another diacritic, romanized as an acute accent. It looks similar to a breve.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.