Conlang Conversation Thread

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
User avatar
masako
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2008
Joined: 12 Aug 2010 15:42
Location: 가매
Contact:

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by masako » 08 Jun 2017 11:13

Parlox wrote:Nesh’kre dhowi mréng vā
/nɛ˧ʃ'kɹɛ˧ d͡ðɑ˧wi˧ mɹɛ˧˦˧ŋ va˩˥/
we-NEED fresh talk of
We need a new topic
ke nosa tamaha
...a better topic

User avatar
alynnidalar
roman
roman
Posts: 1064
Joined: 17 Aug 2014 02:22
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by alynnidalar » 08 Jun 2017 14:57

Niowin muran karikir!
turtle INT cute-ANIM
Such a cute turtle! / The turtle is so cute!

User avatar
Evynova
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 186
Joined: 01 Jan 2017 18:28
Location: Belgium

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Evynova » 08 Jun 2017 15:12

E´ae e mijaa soolen ta sa´ii atae?
/ɛʔa͡e ɛmiʝæː sɔːɽɛn tæ sæʔiː æta͡e/
what AN-beloved animal GEN 2PL-AN be
What is/are your favourite animal(s)?

Pikoko ime mijaa jii.
/pikɔkɔ imɛ miʝæː ʝiː/
bird 1SG love much
I really like birds.

Void
sinic
sinic
Posts: 262
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 15:15

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Void » 08 Jun 2017 17:11

Պարշնոր զարամ նարսկենտի.
Parshnor zaram narskenti.
[pɑrʃəˈnɔr zɑˈrɑm nɑrskɛnˈti]
find-1SG.PRS grace-ACC dog-PL.ABL
I like dogs.
Qōxyatha'xothri (Qohic)

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3444
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Frislander » 08 Jun 2017 17:15

Evynova wrote:E´ae e mijaa soolen ta sa´ii atae?
/ɛʔa͡e ɛmiʝæː sɔːɽɛn tæ sæʔiː æta͡e/
what AN-beloved animal GEN 2PL-AN be
What is/are your favourite animal(s)?
daetekobai‘ari ãnẽ ii põdri.
[(ⁿ)daeteko↓ⁿbaɪ̯ʔaɽi ãnẽ iː põⁿɖʳi]
da-ete-kobai-‘a-ri ãnẽ ii põdri
1-CAU-happy-MASC-PL 1s PL frog
I like frogs myself.

User avatar
Parlox
greek
greek
Posts: 457
Joined: 10 Feb 2017 20:28
Location: Ehh

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Parlox » 08 Jun 2017 17:31

puu dhán-ngrẻs’nả náásh
/pɯ d͡ða˧˦˧n-ŋɹɛ˥˩s'na˥˩ na˧˦˧ʃ/
I like turtle-WITH dog
I like turtles and dogs
  • :con: Cajun, a descendant of French spoken in Louisiana.
  • :con: Bàsupan, loosely inspired by Amharic.
  • :con: Oddúhath Claire, a fusion of Welsh and Arabic.

User avatar
Evynova
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 186
Joined: 01 Jan 2017 18:28
Location: Belgium

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Evynova » 08 Jun 2017 20:01

Nai kiitai, e´ae sa´ii jaa?
/na͡i kiːta͡i | ɛʔa͡e sæʔiː ʝæː/
about 3PL-AN, what 2PL like
What do you like about them?

Nos e pota paka ma kakipaka a´a ees atae, ee?
/nɔs ɛpɔtæ pækæ mæ kækipækæ æʔæ ɛːs æta͡e | ɛː/
because AN-nice frog and turtle really NEG be, eh
Because frogs and turtles aren't exactly nice, are they?

User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 853
Joined: 17 May 2017 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by GamerGeek » 08 Jun 2017 20:15

Evynova wrote:Nos e pota paka ma kakipaka a´a ees atae, ee?
/nɔs ɛpɔtæ pækæ mæ kækipækæ æʔæ ɛːs æta͡e | ɛː/
because AN-nice frog and turtle really NEG be, eh
Because frogs and turtles aren't exactly nice, are they?
san.
NNEG
No, they're not.
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.

Void
sinic
sinic
Posts: 262
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 15:15

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Void » 09 Jun 2017 01:24

Ազւվլո՞խ ակֆեշ: Ենակ աճկըկ յա տամզղարիկըկ զւլայկ զարայթկ:
Azuvlokh akfesh? Enak achkyk ya tamzgharikyk zulayk zaraythk?
[ɑzuvˈlɔχ ɑkˈfɛʃ ɛˈnɑk ˈɑtʃkək jɑ tɑmzəʁɑˈrikək zuˈlɑi̯k zɑˈrɑi̯θək]
say-2SG.PST-SUBJ why be-3PL.PRS frog-PL and turtle-PL cute-PL animals-PL
Why would you say that? Frogs and turtles are cute animals.
Qōxyatha'xothri (Qohic)

User avatar
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1826
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 07:19

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by All4Ɇn » 09 Jun 2017 01:34

Hir sind ħald kläne ög ig þänge nen, ja kunnen hir sränne vesen.
They are very cute but I don't know if they can be nice.

User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4406
Joined: 20 Nov 2014 02:27

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by qwed117 » 09 Jun 2017 01:58

Che sun rengłi, Mulder.

What are frogs, Mulder.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

User avatar
Lambuzhao
korean
korean
Posts: 7814
Joined: 13 May 2012 01:57

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Lambuzhao » 10 Jun 2017 03:21

masako wrote:
Parlox wrote:Nesh’kre dhowi mréng vā
/nɛ˧ʃ'kɹɛ˧ d͡ðɑ˧wi˧ mɹɛ˧˦˧ŋ va˩˥/
we-NEED fresh talk of
We need a new topic
ke nosa tamaha
...a better topic

Hen, vonag ɂihmu....
EXCLAM symbol 2SG.GEN
Hey, your avatar... [:'(] [<3] [:'(]

Toa Tinkwom zuržweirtēk ˁin.
DEF.ABL.SG <Troublemaker>-ABL CAUS-remember<PRS>3SG 1SG.OBJ
It reminds me of the Tinkus.
Tinkus was my lucky black cat who went beyond the Heaviside Layer a few years ago

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3444
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Frislander » 10 Jun 2017 17:40

GamerGeek wrote:
Evynova wrote:Nos e pota paka ma kakipaka a´a ees atae, ee?
/nɔs ɛpɔtæ pækæ mæ kækipækæ æʔæ ɛːs æta͡e | ɛː/
because AN-nice frog and turtle really NEG be, eh
Because frogs and turtles aren't exactly nice, are they?
san.
NNEG
No, they're not.
tro kõ ‘ae ẽ wacã soetekobairiki?
[ʈʳo kõ ʔae̯ ẽ wa↓t͡sã soe̯teko↓ⁿbaiɽiki]
tro kõ ‘ae ẽ wacã so-ete-kobai-ri-ki
FOC IND.ANI INTERR NEG VALID 2-CAUS-happy-3.ERG
Do you not like any at all?

tro õsĩ ‘ae ẽ soetekobaiki?
[ʈʳo õsĩ ʔae̯ ẽ soe̯teko↓ⁿbaiki]
tro õsĩ ‘ae ẽ so-ete-kobai-ki
FOC PROX.N.DEM INTERR NEG 2-CAUS-happy-3.ERG
Do you not even like this one?

Image

User avatar
Egerius
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2413
Joined: 12 Sep 2013 20:29
Location: Not Rodentèrra
Contact:

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Egerius » 10 Jun 2017 21:13

qwed117 wrote:Che sun rengłi, Mulder.

What are frogs, Mulder.
Aquèstu ést lu Learrán, vertáde?
That's Learran, right?
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com

User avatar
shanoxilt
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 193
Joined: 30 May 2016 05:51

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by shanoxilt » 11 Jun 2017 21:29

Jam fmulzhikzheh doah dathnycfeh sin!
Jam fmüžikžê doâ dathnycfê sin!
/jæm fmʊʒikʒɛ doɑ dæθnyt͡sfɛ sin/

Jam fmulzhikzheh jolfnim!
Jam fmüžikžê jöfnim!
/jæm fmʊʒikʒɛ jøfnim/

LET THE NEW YEAR BE ENCOUNTERED!
NEW YEAR, HUZZAH!

Happy Sajem Tan New Year!
Click here to join the Common Honey server. Or click here for a general glossopoeia server.

User avatar
GamerGeek
greek
greek
Posts: 853
Joined: 17 May 2017 17:10
Location: The Universe
Contact:

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by GamerGeek » 11 Jun 2017 21:39

shanoxilt wrote:Jam fmulzhikzheh doah dathnycfeh sin!
Jam fmüžikžê doâ dathnycfê sin!
/jæm fmʊʒikʒɛ doɑ dæθnyt͡sfɛ sin/

Jam fmulzhikzheh jolfnim!
Jam fmüžikžê jöfnim!
/jæm fmʊʒikʒɛ jøfnim/

LET THE NEW YEAR BE ENCOUNTERED!
NEW YEAR, HUZZAH!

Happy Sajem Tan New Year!
ϝουτ!
Playing the biggest game of Chinese telephone is fun.

Void
sinic
sinic
Posts: 262
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 15:15

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by Void » 11 Jun 2017 22:55

Իդւտ արխերանդրէջհնատեր մորիսթեշե՞ կեվալ:
Idut arkherandryjhnater moristheshe keval?
[iˈdut ɑrχɛˌrɑndrədʒəhnɑˈtɛr mɔrisθɛˈʃɛ kɛˈvɑl]
here philosophy-INST dabble-3SG.PRS someone
Does anyone here dabble in philosophy?

P.S. արխերանդրէջհնա (arkherandryjhna) literally means storm-wisdom, because conpeople and reasons. And yes, dryjhna is shamelessly stolen from Malazan Book of the Fallen.
Qōxyatha'xothri (Qohic)

User avatar
All4Ɇn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1826
Joined: 01 Mar 2014 07:19

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by All4Ɇn » 13 Jun 2017 06:34

倅好虛無主義唄存在主義。
Cư hào cú·mưo·chó·vè nanh dưn·dứy·chó·vè.
I like nihilism and existentialism

User avatar
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4406
Joined: 20 Nov 2014 02:27

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by qwed117 » 13 Jun 2017 20:14

All4Ɇn wrote:倅好虛無主義唄存在主義。
Cư hào cú·mưo·chó·vè nanh dưn·dứy·chó·vè.
I like nihilism and existentialism
Filosophia eş bunu soale en inglez̧e pur mi
Philosophy is good only in English (the language) for me.
Spoiler:
I really can't understand any other language to the extent where I can gather the distinctions necessary in philosophy.
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

User avatar
masako
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2008
Joined: 12 Aug 2010 15:42
Location: 가매
Contact:

Re: Conlang Conversation Thread

Post by masako » 14 Jun 2017 00:55

Konungr wrote:Does anyone here dabble in philosophy?
na ke tsela asa uahe etla sili
I don't dabble in philosophy, I live it.

Post Reply