Kakoharteti; the precursor

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Kungavmorka
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Kakoharteti; the precursor

Post by Kungavmorka » 29 Nov 2014 11:56

So, to begin, this is my first thread on here, i've been lurking for awhile but i finally decided to post. Honestly i'm excited to hear what you guys have to say about my conlang. The intent i had for making kakoharteti (literally "the precursor") is for a conworld i have been working on and off for a few years. My problem has been just not liking my langs and starting over, but finally i have committed to this one and is by far my most complete. I named it "the precursor" because it will be one of the protolangs for my conworld.

Excuse me if i mess up with the ipa, i have studied it in a bit of detail but i'm not exactly what someone would call "an expert", but i'll try my best.

Consonants= bcdfgklmnrstvhp
C- ʃ
H- glottal stop
P is lightly aspirated
R is a post alveolar trill

The rest are fairly straight forward, if anyone wants more detail i'd be happy to post that later.

Vowels are fairly simple as well, there's only 6 vowel sounds
a- ɑ
e- ɛ
i- ɪ
o- ɔ
u- u
y- ø
ÿ- ə

D before c yields dʃ
K before c yields kʃ
T before c yields tʃ

Tr softens to an aspirated t, almost θ but not quite. though one could pronounce the t and the r as normal. This mostly applies when between two back vowels such as in the ending "-atra" which only applies to shapes.

R immediately following c changes to an alveolar lateral approximate
Y preceding a vowel changes to a palatal approximate /j/
K and the dipthongs ue and ui cause the k to become a palatalized voicless plosive (exactly like in latin when the q comes before u and a front vowel)

The syllable structure is moderately complex:
C(C)V(V)C(C(C))

I haven't put any thought into allophones cus honestly, i have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

The grammar is more analytic but does some conjugation for verbs to show for mood, aspect, voice and time. There are 6 moods, 7 aspects and 2 voices.

Moods:indicative, subjunctive, optative, conditional, interrogative and inferential.
Aspects: present, past imperfect, future imperfect, past perfect, future perfect, habitual and progressive (though i guess that would actually be 15 but who's counting?)
Voices: passive, active

Verbs must end in a consonant
Nouns must end in a vowel (with the exception of nouns that denote a place)
Adjectives can end in either, however they must begin with a consonant.
Adverbs i haven't quite fleshed out, but they can begin or end with anything.

Nouns have articles to denote their definitiveness.
No article means it is singular and indefinite.
"Gala" translates to "some" so its a plural indefinte.
"Ka" is the singular definite and "kala" is the plural definite.
When the use of an article is unnecessary but plural needs to be denoted the suffix "-la" is added.
The suffix "-la" also must be used with kala, but not gala.

Example: simo - friend
Gala simo- some friends
Ka simo- the friend
Kala simola- the friends

To make a noun possessive "-ggi" is added.

Ex: the man's puppy
Ka iko dabasiggi (lit: the puppy of the man)

That's enough for now, if anyone is interested just let me know and i'd be delighted to post more. I would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism or any observations.
--kärlek är bron mellan två hjartan