Lexicon milestones

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Post Reply
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 18 Aug 2014 07:57

My first five-digit declining stairstep number!

"Nisparyu" was word #43,210. It means blissful.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 18 Aug 2014 08:04

Lao Kou wrote:The Géarthnuns-English lexicon has just reached 10,000 entries this evening. Just got off the batphone with the Academia Gearthnuntiæ, who/which seemed begrudgingly appeased for the nonce. I would be even happier if this milestone had been reached a little earlier this year. 7,000 was achieved in March of last year, and 3,000 entries per year, loosey-goosey, seems a decent pace for vocabulary development generated the old-fashioned way (though at that rate, by the time I reach π x 104, the number of the conlanging beast, I will be quite well "of a certain age"), but meaningful dates as a quasi-"deadline" for reaching this lean-to on the mountain seemed to come and go. But hey, we'll take it! Will unpack my sleeping bag and spend the night here before heading up the next scarp. May build a campfire and make me some s'mores. [:P]

Thanks to all who've contributed to the vocab-building threads and thereby assisted and participated in the progress. [<3]

Next stop: 14,000! * (and you should know why [}:D] )

Oh, I just saw this (and was delighted that you have kept alive the "conlanging beast" joke!)

10,000 -- congratulations, Lao Kou!

And Géarthnuns is AWESOME! I've loved it ever since you played it in the Snowball Game.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 18 Aug 2014 08:11

Today I achieved a total milestone of 159 verb roots and 185 words, not to mention my 75 pronouns.
Not much, but I'm very fickle about what my words look and sound like.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1871
Joined: 17 Mar 2014 03:22

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by loglorn » 04 Sep 2014 23:08

I'm quite scared by the 75 pronouns above (really how'd you do that?), but, anyway, Proto-Gigxpoyan has just reached 200 words, the 200th being:

'pakt' n. mushroom, fungus
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 04 Sep 2014 23:20

loglorn wrote:I'm quite scared by the 75 pronouns above (really how'd you do that?)
Easy, you take each person except 1st and divide them into two numbers and three genders, then you take the accusative pronouns and add suffixes to them.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 07 Sep 2014 06:40

I achieved 190 words in my conlang and 191 verb roots, which when taking into account the massive derivation system, we get maybe 600 words?
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 07 Sep 2014 07:28

Ahzoh wrote:I achieved 190 words in my conlang and 191 verb roots, which when taking into account the massive derivation system, we get maybe 600 words?
Wait and see! Try it out.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4600
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by DesEsseintes » 27 Sep 2014 17:40

I just entered the 109th word into the Dánıdoo lexicon. It was yebí - crow. [:)]
Edit: ...and the 110th: nííh - mind.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 29 Sep 2014 05:22

Today Kankonian reached a repdigit -- 44,444 words.

The 44,444th was kyoub, meaning "jugate".
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

Iyionaku
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1668
Joined: 25 May 2014 14:17

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Iyionaku » 29 Sep 2014 19:02

I'm unfortunately not as far as all of you... [:(]

At least I just made Yélian pass the 1,500st lexeme. It was bozoner, meaning fence.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 29 Sep 2014 23:29

Iyionaku wrote:I'm unfortunately not as far as all of you... [:(]

At least I just made Yélian pass the 1,500st lexeme. It was bozoner, meaning fence.
Congratulations -- 1,500 is great!

If you look at the first page of this thread you'll find people saying things like, "My conlang has like 9 words". So you've gotten farther than the vast majority of conlangs will ever go.

How long have you been working on Yélian? Seems you're not a scrapper.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 30 Sep 2014 05:15

Hurra I have 245 words!

Latest entry was ʾaẕnuhaj - consciousness

All the while I haven't a word for "here" or "there".

Slowly climbing the ladder of linguistic functionality whilst contemplating if I will succeed in my ultimate goal of building a community of speakers for complex, naturalistic and euphonous Vrkhazhian by the end of my life.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 30 Sep 2014 05:45

Ahzoh wrote:Hurra I have 245 words!

Latest entry was ʾaẕnuhaj - consciousness

All the while I haven't a word for "here" or "there".

Slowly climbing the ladder of linguistic functionality whilst contemplating if I will succeed in my ultimate goal of building a community of speakers for complex, naturalistic and euphonous Vrkhazhian by the end of my life.
How many verb roots?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 30 Sep 2014 05:53

Khemehekis wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:Hurra I have 245 words!

Latest entry was ʾaẕnuhaj - consciousness

All the while I haven't a word for "here" or "there".

Slowly climbing the ladder of linguistic functionality whilst contemplating if I will succeed in my ultimate goal of building a community of speakers for complex, naturalistic and euphonous Vrkhazhian by the end of my life.
How many verb roots?
206 of them.

I have at least 180 nouns.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Iyionaku
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1668
Joined: 25 May 2014 14:17

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Iyionaku » 30 Sep 2014 17:59

Khemehekis wrote:
Iyionaku wrote:I'm unfortunately not as far as all of you... [:(]

At least I just made Yélian pass the 1,500st lexeme. It was bozoner, meaning fence.
Congratulations -- 1,500 is great!

If you look at the first page of this thread you'll find people saying things like, "My conlang has like 9 words". So you've gotten farther than the vast majority of conlangs will ever go.

How long have you been working on Yélian? Seems you're not a scrapper.
I started to figure it out on April 14th, 2014. Before I played a lot with the phonology (just in mind), had absolutely no grammar and in fact only two words which were the first ones: iyi, child and naku, fire.

And I saw that I actually have more than 1,500 words, because I didn't count particles, pronouns and numbers.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 01 Oct 2014 05:17

I have 223 verb roots and 246 words.
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4600
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by DesEsseintes » 11 Oct 2014 16:39

Yay! Dánıdoo has 210 words. The latest word is láásíí - feast, formed with the imperfect stems of - to eat and - to drink (alcohol). Just before that I coined the verb lın - lıın - líın - to drink (water, etc.).

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 04 Nov 2014 05:49

Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2419
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis » 04 Nov 2014 06:18

Some awesome Semitic-style verbs there, Ahzoh! (Yes, I actually checked your list out.)

That makes a lexicon of 576 total. Looks as if Vrkhazian is finally starting to settle.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Ahzoh
korean
korean
Posts: 5771
Joined: 20 Oct 2013 02:57
Location: Toma-ʾEzra lit Vṛḵaža

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Ahzoh » 04 Nov 2014 07:10

Khemehekis wrote:
Some awesome Semitic-style verbs there, Ahzoh! (Yes, I actually checked your list out.)

That makes a lexicon of 576 total. Looks as if Vrkhazian is finally starting to settle.
Actually, I found that nine of words in my dictionary are the verbs found in that list and two words are pronouns. But yea 565 plus 65 personal pronouns, 6 demonstrative pronouns, 7 interrogative pronouns/adverbs and 24 relative pronouns.

Hurra a lexicon of 667 words!
Image Ӯсцьӣ (Onschen) [ CWS ]
Image Šat Wərxažu (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]

Post Reply