CBB Conlang Relay VII

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
cedh
MVP
MVP

Re: CBB Conlang Relay VII

Post by cedh » 02 Oct 2016 22:25

Sḿtuval wrote: Click (Ardelian)
Looks like I never got a torch from Click, but judging from the previous posts in the thread, they did participate in the relay.
Here's the Ardelian text that Click sent to me, along with my translation of it:
Spoiler:
Text
Ket ınokıtık st•ena róχarənk, kontonsən•ye sámıton•ye, ınoyək ınon trík; ma tša•tχe ınoyək. Terıyək yepán ray ıl•χíret tetχáχıkrə. Illavı•taloyək, šénokra telmallóskıra. Par, spítkınvı χanə nekıs! St•aχóma, telkoyək réllıtıs sakra. Alínon χossénkı neyas χéstı telmallóskı. Ollósık? 

Translation
When you saw me with your two eyes and your heart (lit. self-beater) and your life, you saw a strange sight; in fact you saw it for a short time. You looked like that small child yourself ten years earlier. Since you had given birth to her, you knew she would have to be important. Now, I can see what she has become! Accidentally, you make her wait until she has grown up. As a result, I was obliged to become an important woman. Are you ready?

Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval » 02 Oct 2016 22:28

I've edited the post accordingly.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes » 03 Oct 2016 05:54

I love reading the results of conlang relays, I cannot help laughing every time. [xD]

I wish I would have a conlang I would be comfortable using whenever the next relay swings around, but I almost certainly won't.

Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval » 03 Oct 2016 06:05

The conlang I used in the CWS Relay a week ago had practically no words, but I find it's easier to make up words than to build a grammar.

Ebon
sinic
sinic

Post by Ebon » 03 Oct 2016 12:51

Out of curiosity, because this sounds fun and if someone opens another I might want to participate, what do the grammar and vocab guides you send along with the translation look like? Can someone show me an example? I'd like to know what I'd be expected to write.

cedh
MVP
MVP

Post by cedh » 03 Oct 2016 19:36

Ebon wrote:Out of curiosity, because this sounds fun and if someone opens another I might want to participate, what do the grammar and vocab guides you send along with the translation look like? Can someone show me an example? I'd like to know what I'd be expected to write.
http://www.frathwiki.com/User:Cedh_audmanh/CBBCRVII
(Without the "translation" and "interlinear gloss" sections, of course - those go only to the relay master.)

EDIT:
Ronc Tyu is predominantly isolating, so the grammatical sketch is reduced to the minimum that's necessary for comprehension. For languages with more overt morphology, a bit more detail is needed - as an example, see this relay torch from my other conlang Tmaśareʔ.

Ebon
sinic
sinic

Post by Ebon » 03 Oct 2016 20:23

cedh wrote:
Ebon wrote:Out of curiosity, because this sounds fun and if someone opens another I might want to participate, what do the grammar and vocab guides you send along with the translation look like? Can someone show me an example? I'd like to know what I'd be expected to write.
http://www.frathwiki.com/User:Cedh_audmanh/CBBCRVII
(Without the "translation" and "interlinear gloss" sections, of course - those go only to the relay master.)

EDIT:
Ronc Tyu is predominantly isolating, so the grammatical sketch is reduced to the minimum that's necessary for comprehension. For languages with more overt morphology, a bit more detail is needed - as an example, see this relay torch from my other conlang Tmaśareʔ.
Thanks! Seems doable enough.

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn » 01 Feb 2017 04:14

It's been a while since the last relay, eh...

Who's up for another one? If anyone is interested i'll open up a thread for it.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes » 01 Feb 2017 04:16

loglorn wrote:It's been a while since the last relay, eh...

Who's up for another one? If anyone is interested i'll open up a thread for it.
Wow, it's been so long I'd kinda forgotten all about relays! I'm in, but I'll have to whip up a speedlang for it.

Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval » 01 Feb 2017 04:26

I'd be up for one too but dont let me host it. [xD]

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn » 01 Feb 2017 04:44

Sḿtuval wrote:I'd be up for one too but dont let me host it. [xD]
I'm fine with hosting it myself if you're alright with that. I hosted the inverse one and it went fairly well if i recall correctly.

I'll open up a thread tomorrow morning. It's rather 2AM right now.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet

gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist » 01 Feb 2017 09:12

Since I kinda killed the last relay, I'm gonna pass.

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes » 01 Feb 2017 09:28

gestaltist wrote:Since I kinda killed the last relay, I'm gonna pass.
No! Take part! We'll give you a strict time limit and if you go over, we'll sacrifice you to Linguaal, the God of Conlanging. [}:D]

On a related note, gestaltist: What if I were to whip up the Gigi Incalang as a speedlang for this? Would you mind?

gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist » 01 Feb 2017 13:10

DesEsseintes wrote:
gestaltist wrote:Since I kinda killed the last relay, I'm gonna pass.
No! Take part! We'll give you a strict time limit and if you go over, we'll sacrifice you to Linguaal, the God of Conlanging. [}:D]
Given the amount of work I have and the incoming child, my chances of getting sacrificed would be a little to high for my liking. Especially since all of my conlangs are non-functional messes and I would have to work on a speedlang, like you will.
On a related note, gestaltist: What if I were to whip up the Gigi Incalang as a speedlang for this? Would you mind?
Not at all. I'd love it. Hopefully you'll share the reference material with me, though. Otherwise it wouldn't be a Gigi lang ;)