Meigri language

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages

Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: Meigri language

Post by Iyionaku » 28 Apr 2016 18:30

What I find a bit baffling is your defective ejective system: Why is there no [p'] and [t']?

How would one say: "Did I keep"? "U go zlik ja" or something like that?
Also, please describe the usage of the tenses more properly. You differentiate between "Imperfect" and "Perfect", but the English translations are more like Present tense / Future tense.

I love that adverb system; looks a bit like the prefix system in Yélian, but in a way more complicated way. Could you please tell how exactly those forms are built? Which endings do they take?

I'd suggest a slightly different way of describing the case: You'd better call it "Nominative", or maybe I was the only one buffled at first that your declension tables lacked such. As they are identical, there is most propably no need at all to have different names for them. When would you use the Accusative and when the Inactive? I didn't figure it out really; for which verbs does a patiens "interact"?

What you have showed appears really nice to me; do you have some sentences though?
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.

RobElks
sinic
sinic

Post by RobElks » 28 Apr 2016 19:04

Iyionaku wrote:What I find a bit baffling is your defective ejective system: Why is there no [p'] and [t']?

How would one say: "Did I keep"? "U go zlik ja" or something like that?
Also, please describe the usage of the tenses more properly. You differentiate between "Imperfect" and "Perfect", but the English translations are more like Present tense / Future tense.

I love that adverb system; looks a bit like the prefix system in Yélian, but in a way more complicated way. Could you please tell how exactly those forms are built? Which endings do they take?

I'd suggest a slightly different way of describing the case: You'd better call it "Nominative", or maybe I was the only one buffled at first that your declension tables lacked such. As they are identical, there is most propably no need at all to have different names for them. When would you use the Accusative and when the Inactive? I didn't figure it out really; for which verbs does a patiens "interact"?

What you have showed appears really nice to me; do you have some sentences though?
Good point - I could have clarified some of that. For example, there is usually no distinction between "Do I keep?" and "Did I keep?". If there needs to be such a distinction, an adverb can be used.

An inactive noun is an accusative noun which is inanimate. In the sentence I gave an example, because "the book" is being traded and plays no role in the sentence, it is inactive. Another example of this might be "I kept the box away from him", where the "box" is inactive.

Creyeditor
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Creyeditor » 28 Apr 2016 20:09

Your ejective system is totally okay, there's phonetic reasons for /k'/ being more common than the other ejectives. Have a look at Hausa e.g..
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]