qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Re: sQwedgepad

Post by qwed117 » 11 Jun 2017 23:03

GamerGeek wrote:
qwed117 wrote:
I wrote:
qwed117 wrote:An example of a word with an aspirate is θερτθουν <thertthun> /θɛɾtʰun/ < ζερεθον /zdɛɾɛtʰon/
<θ> standing for both /θ/ and /tʰ/ is kind of confusing...
Uhh, it doesn't? I guess there's a hypothetical scenario where you get /θː/ <θθ>, or /ttʰ/ <τθ>.
I'm still confused... :/
Edit: Unless I'm misinterpreting words like thullō (θουλω)
I think I see what you're confused about. /θ/ is <θ>, but /tʰ/ is <τθ>
Spoiler:
My minicity is Zyphrazia and Novland
What is made of man will crumble away.

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 23 Jun 2017 23:18

Eleeve kala ujub alla veden

I thought it would be easier to take my mind off everything and make a short Finnic language. I had a huge diphthong shift planned out; but in the small dictionary I have (called Wiktionary), I wasn't able to find all the diphthongs that I was promised.
Spoiler:

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 31 Jul 2017 05:22

PIE-dn̥ǵʰwéh₂s
1. ayns
2. daw
3. triys
4. ksavurs
5. pihhe
6. feks
7. sevom
8. awssu
9. niwom
10. disom

ows, seho ne wonnas soydis, durros essu... [got too lazy to translate the remainder]
Spoiler:

JANKO GORENC
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by JANKO GORENC » 31 Jul 2017 15:14

qwed117 wrote:PIE-dn̥ǵʰwéh₂s
1. ayns
2. daw
3. triys
4. ksavurs
5. pihhe
6. feks
7. sevom
8. awssu
9. niwom
10. disom

ows, seho ne wonnas soydis, durros essu... [got too lazy to translate the remainder]
Could you please you tell me what is name for this project (language)?
Today, on 4.7.2016, I have successfully collected numbers from over 26,024 ways (languages both: natlangs and also conlangs).

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 02 Aug 2017 03:31

JANKO GORENC wrote:
qwed117 wrote:PIE-dn̥ǵʰwéh₂s
1. ayns
2. daw
3. triys
4. ksavurs
5. pihhe
6. feks
7. sevom
8. awssu
9. niwom
10. disom

Could you please you tell me what is name for this project (language)?
I'm afraid I'd rather not have you index this work. It's nothing personal, merely that it's not a language with a purpose at this point. It exists as a list of numbers, and nothing more.
Spoiler:

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 02 Aug 2017 03:44

I know it's not exactly the vest place to put this, but I'd rather not clutter up the Mysterylang thread, so I'll just place some replies over here
shimobaatar wrote:
IEPH wrote:So when can we see more?
When qwed117 has more to show, I'd assume.
I've been having some difficulties in being motivated to conlang, or do anything much. I've wanted to update quite a few of my threads, but I've found it hard to remember what I wanted to do or where I even left off, if anything was reasonable to begin with. I'm so sorry, I thought that I'd be able to finish up the story this summer, but it looks like the story will remain untold for a while
Spoiler:

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar » 02 Aug 2017 03:48

qwed117 wrote:I know it's not exactly the vest place to put this, but I'd rather not clutter up the Mysterylang thread, so I'll just place some replies over here
shimobaatar wrote:
I've been having some difficulties in being motivated to conlang, or do anything much. I've wanted to update quite a few of my threads, but I've found it hard to remember what I wanted to do or where I even left off, if anything was reasonable to begin with. I'm so sorry, I thought that I'd be able to finish up the story this summer, but it looks like the story will remain untold for a while
No worries, I don't think there are many people here who can't relate to having issues with motivation. Work at your own pace and whatever you do, please do it for yourself and your own enjoyment.

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 24 Jul 2019 04:33

shimobaatar wrote:
02 Aug 2017 03:48
qwed117 wrote:I know it's not exactly the vest place to put this, but I'd rather not clutter up the Mysterylang thread, so I'll just place some replies over here
shimobaatar wrote:
No worries, I don't think there are many people here who can't relate to having issues with motivation. Work at your own pace and whatever you do, please do it for yourself and your own enjoyment.
So... I'm back. As you might have heard, I lost a lot of the documentation regarding MotD, and I can't reverse translate the documents, because I don't have access to the images without the blacked out portions. It's indecipherable without that. I can't tell letter correspondences or anything. I'm at as much of a loss as the researchers. Maybe more of a despondency than loss? Anyways, I'm sorry about that, but I also lost a lot material related to P-Dishashta as well. I wrote down a lot of correspondences on notepads and sticky notes, and those documents, I'm afraid to say, are no longer with us. If I find an extreme impulse to continue with Mysterylang, I might have to start from scratch. Perhaps that'll be worth it? I was never quite satisfied with the language as it was written, but that's a fault with the little documentation of Sardinian I had when I started. Restarting with Dishashta will be much easier because at least the basic words exist from which correspondences can be deduced. Mysterylang is likely dead now.
Spoiler:

Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil » 25 Jul 2019 07:25

I feel for your loss Qwed :(

qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 » 31 Oct 2019 10:11

So I've just started work on one of perhaps the most extensive projects I think I've ever conceived. As usual it's diachronic, but basically I'm making an entire world of languages. Right now I've committed to making at least 8 protolanguages of varying sizes. In the end it will probably amount to 20 or so languages of varying sizes, along with a varied group of isolates etc. Anyways...

First protolang, of the most Proto-Indo-European-like language family

/p t k bˀ dˀ gˀ b d g/
/s₁ s₂ s₃ h₁ h₂/ also notated as F₁ F₂ F₃ F₄ F₅ due to the uncertain realizations of most of the fricatives
/m n ŋʲ m̥ n̥ ŋ̥ʲ r r̥ l l̥/
/j w/

/a e o i u/
/eː oː iː uː/
/m̩ n̩ ŋ̩ʲ r̩ l̩/
/m̩ː n̩ː ŋ̩ʲː r̩ː l̩ː/

typically CCV[ː/C]C maximal syllable, nasal velars cannot be initial, stress marked with an acute accent

example words:
*bˀátkeː
*pḿ̩ːs₁o
*bˀdˀíː
*néːr̥

In a way that's highly imitative of PIE, there's obviously gonna be a good deal of ablaut, I'll figure out the Caland-System of this language. I guess I'll call it *s₁ŋ̩ʲːd-o for now.
Edit: 9 protolanguages; 9 protolanguages. If I go insane you know why. [xD]
Spoiler: