* Total phoneme frequency analysis
Upon gathering some passages with over 200000 graphemes from the novels, this Frequentizer app by cedh
was used to perform a total phoneme frequency analysis.
As a phonemic language, phoneme and symbol are virtually the same thing, thus, arranged in griuskant script order:
Top 5 phonemes: /a, i, e, u, s/ (initial: s,k,g,i,ʃ)
Bottom 5 phonemes: /w, ɣ, ŋ, Y, b/ (initial: ŋ,w,Y,ɯ,m)
Initial-phoneme standard deviation 2.08. Total phoneme standard deviation = 2.77.
Hence, the total phoneme distribution in griuskant is slightly unbalanced. (An "ideal" dataset of this phoneme frequency approach a standard deviation value of 2.2 for rough balance)
* Although /a/ forms only 1.7% of initial-phonemes, it forms 10.1% of total phonemes, and is the most frequent total phoneme.
* The most frequent initial-phoneme /s/ forms 10.3% of initial phonemes, but only forms 6.89% of total phonemes.
* /i/ is the most frequent vowel initial-phoneme at 5.5%, but is the 2nd most frequent total phoneme at 9.6%.
* The bottom 3 initial-phonemes /ŋ,w,Y/ are amongst the bottom 4 total phonemes.
* The correlation coefficient between the order of total phoneme and initial-phoneme is 0.44. Therefore, they are not similar.
* Half of all phonemes form 64.2% of total phonemes.
* Half the vowel inventory (all of which are in the top 4 total phonemes) form 34.2% of total phonemes.
* The top 4 consonant total phonemes /s, r, k, n/ form 24.7% of the dataset, and they are present in the spelling of griuskant.