Conlang Relay VI

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
User avatar
Ear of the Sphinx
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1969
Joined: 23 Aug 2010 01:41
Location: Nose of the Sun

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Ear of the Sphinx » 10 Jan 2015 20:21

http://www.frathwiki.com/Conlang_relay wrote: Inverse (i): Each participant receives a text in their own conlang, and translates it into the conlang of the next participant. No grammar notes or vocabulary are added.
Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.

User avatar
Lao Kou
korean
korean
Posts: 5665
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 10:39
Location: 蘇州/苏州

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Lao Kou » 11 Jan 2015 20:21

Passed to alynnidalar. Fanael, please wait for your copy later in the day.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

User avatar
loglorn
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1871
Joined: 17 Mar 2014 03:22

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by loglorn » 13 Jan 2015 18:47

Somebody was meant to break that rhythm.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet

User avatar
Dezinaa
roman
roman
Posts: 886
Joined: 13 Oct 2013 20:33
Location: tunta, àn paànmúnu’ai

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Dezinaa » 13 Jan 2015 18:57

loglorn wrote:Somebody was meant to break that rhythm.
Alynnidalar still has 1 hour 23 minutes and 25 seconds. [;)]
Edit: But it's not a big deal; lots of people missed the deadline in the previous relays.
Last edited by Dezinaa on 13 Jan 2015 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 13 Jan 2015 20:43

loglorn wrote:Somebody was meant to break that rhythm.
Don't you think that's a pretty rude thing to say? [:(]

User avatar
alynnidalar
roman
roman
Posts: 1036
Joined: 17 Aug 2014 03:22
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by alynnidalar » 13 Jan 2015 21:14

Sorry, sorry! Meant to post earlier to say I may be slightly late. Unfortunately my turn fell right at the beginning of the week when I got dumped with a ton of stuff at work. I'm just finishing up now and will pass it along as soon as I can.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 13 Jan 2015 21:15

alynnidalar wrote:Sorry, sorry! Meant to post earlier to say I may be slightly late. Unfortunately my turn fell right at the beginning of the week when I got dumped with a ton of stuff at work. I'm just finishing up now and will pass it along as soon as I can.
No need to rush. [:)]

User avatar
alynnidalar
roman
roman
Posts: 1036
Joined: 17 Aug 2014 03:22
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by alynnidalar » 13 Jan 2015 21:42

Too late! [xP]

Torch passed on to shimobaatar.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 14 Jan 2015 05:13

alynnidalar wrote:Too late! [xP]

Torch passed on to shimobaatar.
I've been in touch with alynnidalar via PM, but I just realized I should probably post here saying I received it.

I think I'll call it a night for now, but I feel I've made some good progress. Once I clear up a couple of small questions with alynnidalar, I'll translate the last four sentences of the text into Project Jade, and begin work on the grammatical description.

Hope I'm allowed to say that. I'm sure I am, but I'll put the text above under a spoiler if anyone tells me I should.

Fanael
greek
greek
Posts: 475
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 21:26

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Fanael » 14 Jan 2015 19:21

Of course you can, this isn't The Game.

User avatar
Ear of the Sphinx
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1969
Joined: 23 Aug 2010 01:41
Location: Nose of the Sun

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Ear of the Sphinx » 14 Jan 2015 19:23

Fanael wrote:Of course you can, this isn't The Game.
I lost The Game, damn it, Fanael.
Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 15 Jan 2015 01:41

Just sent a PM to DesEsseintes with the text translated into Project Jade, and the vocabulary and grammar I felt was relevant to translate it.

I think that's what I had to send to them, but I'm unclear on what exactly I have to send to the person in charge (Fanael?). Is it just the Project Jade text, my English translation of the text in my conlang, and a gloss of my conlang's text? Or do I have to include vocabulary/grammar information for Project Jade and translations/glosses of the Tirina text I received from alynnidalar?

Once I have this cleared up I'll PM Fanael.

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4599
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by DesEsseintes » 15 Jan 2015 02:11

Received.

User avatar
Dezinaa
roman
roman
Posts: 886
Joined: 13 Oct 2013 20:33
Location: tunta, àn paànmúnu’ai

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Dezinaa » 15 Jan 2015 03:28

shimobaatar wrote:Just sent a PM to DesEsseintes with the text translated into Project Jade, and the vocabulary and grammar I felt was relevant to translate it.

I think that's what I had to send to them, but I'm unclear on what exactly I have to send to the person in charge (Fanael?). Is it just the Project Jade text, my English translation of the text in my conlang, and a gloss of my conlang's text? Or do I have to include vocabulary/grammar information for Project Jade and translations/glosses of the Tirina text I received from alynnidalar?

Once I have this cleared up I'll PM Fanael.
In the last relay, which I was the 'leader' of, some people just sent me the conlangs text with an English translation, and some people sent me the whole torch along with a gloss and translation.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 15 Jan 2015 10:23

Dezinaa wrote:
shimobaatar wrote:Just sent a PM to DesEsseintes with the text translated into Project Jade, and the vocabulary and grammar I felt was relevant to translate it.

I think that's what I had to send to them, but I'm unclear on what exactly I have to send to the person in charge (Fanael?). Is it just the Project Jade text, my English translation of the text in my conlang, and a gloss of my conlang's text? Or do I have to include vocabulary/grammar information for Project Jade and translations/glosses of the Tirina text I received from alynnidalar?

Once I have this cleared up I'll PM Fanael.
In the last relay, which I was the 'leader' of, some people just sent me the conlangs text with an English translation, and some people sent me the whole torch along with a gloss and translation.
Thanks. [:)] I'll PM them in the morning when I'm not so tired.

Fanael
greek
greek
Posts: 475
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 21:26

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Fanael » 15 Jan 2015 17:39

shimobaatar wrote:I think that's what I had to send to them, but I'm unclear on what exactly I have to send to the person in charge (Fanael?).
Exactly what you sent to DesEsseintes, in case I have to skip DesEsseintes and forward your torch to whomever is next, and an English translation of the text in your conlang.

shimobaatar
korean
korean
Posts: 11690
Joined: 12 Jul 2013 23:09
Location: PA → IN

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by shimobaatar » 15 Jan 2015 22:37

Fanael wrote:
shimobaatar wrote:I think that's what I had to send to them, but I'm unclear on what exactly I have to send to the person in charge (Fanael?).
Exactly what you sent to DesEsseintes, in case I have to skip DesEsseintes and forward your torch to whomever is next, and an English translation of the text in your conlang.

Thanks. [:)] I just sent a PM to you with all that.

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4599
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by DesEsseintes » 16 Jan 2015 15:55

I would like to request an extra 24 hours for the relay if possible. Since yesterday I have had just about every possible inconvenience happen to me. I'm halfway through the translation into Dánıdoo, after which I need to write the description.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Fanael
greek
greek
Posts: 475
Joined: 19 Jul 2012 21:26

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by Fanael » 16 Jan 2015 17:28

ok

User avatar
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian
Posts: 4599
Joined: 31 Mar 2013 13:16

Re: Conlang Relay VI

Post by DesEsseintes » 17 Jan 2015 12:49

Sent to cedh.

Post Reply