Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by shimobaatar » 17 Sep 2017 01:00

I assumed Frislander was talking about a posteriori Indo-Aryan conlangs.

Frislander
runic
runic

Post by Frislander » 17 Sep 2017 01:14

shimobaatar wrote:I assumed Frislander was talking about a posteriori Indo-Aryan conlangs.
And indeed I was.

Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao » 17 Sep 2017 01:15

qwed117 wrote:
shimobaatar wrote:If you disagree, maybe provide some examples?
I know Shemtov's [url=http://www.aveneca.com/cbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3341]made[/url one. I know Chagen has beautiful Pazmat, and Iyionaku has Paatherye. Maybe Frislander was using a "royal we"?
Uff! Pazmat of COURSE! and Paatherye !!!

Oy, the embarassment!
[:$] [:$] [:$] [:x]

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 17 Sep 2017 18:02

Lambuzhao wrote:elemtilas has Talarian, or Tenxwwar Haryuça, an awesome oldie-but-goodie.
Well, Indo-Anatolian actually. With some Indo-Aryan adstrate influence.

In-world it's Oriental Neo-Puntic and rather predates the Central Neo-Puntic that will eventually give rise to Sandho-Aryan and thus to the Sandhic languages and the modern Hellado-Sandhic and Judeo-Hellado-Sandhic dialects.

Lamche
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Lamche » 18 Sep 2017 22:43

So, I've already introduced myself, but since I haven't been active here for some years, I am going to do it again!

I am from Italy and my family is from Wenzhou in China. My native language is Italian and my Chinese is work in progress. I also speak the Wenzhou dialect which is famous in China for being unintelligible to all other Chinese dialects. I like a posteriori languages and since I am a kind-of a beginner, I only make conlangs related to natlangs I speak. I have made a romlang, but I don't consider it interesting enough to be shared on the internet. :mrgreen: On the other hand I will soon open an introduction thread for Tekian, this Chinese based conlang I am working on.

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar » 18 Sep 2017 22:55

Welcome back!

Frislander
runic
runic

Post by Frislander » 18 Sep 2017 23:23

Welcome! Is Tekian a true Sinitic language derived from Middle Chinese or earlier or is it not based off of a historical derivation per se?

Lamche
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Lamche » 18 Sep 2017 23:55

Is Tekian a true Sinitic language derived from Middle Chinese or earlier or is it not based off of a historical derivation per se?
It split from Chinese sometime between 2000 BCE and 1000 BCE.
I did use this reconstruction of old Chinese, but I made Tekian split earlier and put some sound distinction that are not present in Old Chinese. For example the numerals 1 and 7 don't rhyme in Old Tekian.
The main reason why I made it split earlier was that Tekian has SOV word order, and I thought it was unlikely for a SVO language like Old Chinese to evolve into a SOV language, while on the other Chinese is likely to descend from a SOV language.

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar » 19 Sep 2017 00:39

Lamche wrote:
Is Tekian a true Sinitic language derived from Middle Chinese or earlier or is it not based off of a historical derivation per se?
It split from Chinese sometime between 2000 BCE and 1000 BCE.
I did use this reconstruction of old Chinese, but I made Tekian split earlier and put some sound distinction that are not present in Old Chinese. For example the numerals 1 and 7 don't rhyme in Old Tekian.
The main reason why I made it split earlier was that Tekian has SOV word order, and I thought it was unlikely for a SVO language like Old Chinese to evolve into a SOV language, while on the other Chinese is likely to descend from a SOV language.
Sounds fascinating!

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan

Post by Khemehekis » 07 Oct 2017 23:18

Thrice Xandvii wrote:Maybe they just really enjoy diacritics as well as yummy toasted sandwiches?
Or maybe they really like chimps?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,137 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

Zekoslav
sinic
sinic

Post by Zekoslav » 18 Nov 2017 14:10

Hello, I'm Zekoslav.

I've been interested in languages (both conlangs and natlangs - I actually study linguistics [;)] ) for a long time, but only recently I managed to come up with something worth sharing.

Usually I make a posteriori languages, because I can't for the love of all that is holy ever decide how I want to name something. I've learned a lot about natlangs that way: I remember I had an idea to make a more conservative cousin of French, only to discover I had accidentally recreated old Occitan. [:D]
Languages:
:hrv: [:D], :bih: :srb: [;)], :eng: [:D], :fra: [:|], :lat: [:(], :deu: [:'(]

A linguistics enthusiast who would like to make a conlang, but can't decide what to call what.

- Tewanian languages
- Guide to Slavic accentuation

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 18 Nov 2017 14:48

Zekoslav wrote:
18 Nov 2017 14:10
Hello, I'm Zekoslav.

I've been interested in languages (both conlangs and natlangs - I actually study linguistics [;)] ) for a long time, but only recently I managed to come up with something worth sharing.

Usually I make a posteriori languages, because I can't for the love of all that is holy ever decide how I want to name something. I've learned a lot about natlangs that way: I remember I had an idea to make a more conservative cousin of French, only to discover I had accidentally recreated old Occitan. [:D]
Welcome! We look forward to hearing more about your journey into all things linguistical!

Frislander
runic
runic

Post by Frislander » 18 Nov 2017 15:22

Oh good, I like interesting a-posteriori stuff, particularly non-Indo-European things (although I'd be very happy with interesting takes on Indo-Iranian actually, we don't see many of those!). I look forward to seeing you grow and develop as a conlanger.

GamerGeek
greek
greek

Post by GamerGeek » 19 Nov 2017 01:16

Hello. I am back! (I came back when I accidentally clicked a bookmark)
This website looks different (but better!)
If you don't remember me, I have researched linguistics on Wikipedia, finding my love for linguistics when I created a modified alphabet for English.
I realise this may be misplaced, but I felt this post was necessary.

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar » 20 Nov 2017 17:04

Welcome to the board, Zekoslav!

fruityloops
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by fruityloops » 15 Dec 2017 15:03

hello, the name is fruity. i use to go by ewolf but that was a phase so i changed it for the good of my sanity. i love bugs, animals in general, and love the natural world. currently, i'm trying redo a script several times for a series based on my world that's about a group of teens becoming the defenders of a mystic island. basically power rangers meets Bug's life.

Frislander
runic
runic

Post by Frislander » 15 Dec 2017 15:41

Hello interesting person! Welcome to the madhouse! Let your glossolalia spew forth as if you had norovirus!

OTʜᴇB
roman
roman

Post by OTʜᴇB » 15 Dec 2017 16:29

fruityloops wrote:
15 Dec 2017 15:03
hello, the name is fruity. i use to go by ewolf but that was a phase so i changed it for the good of my sanity. i love bugs, animals in general, and love the natural world. currently, i'm trying redo a script several times for a series based on my world that's about a group of teens becoming the defenders of a mystic island. basically power rangers meets Bug's life.
Have you intentionally named yourself after this masterpiece of software? Either way, welcome to the forum!
:con: : Current Project

BTW I use Arch

fruityloops
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by fruityloops » 15 Dec 2017 16:56

OTʜᴇB wrote:
15 Dec 2017 16:29
fruityloops wrote:
Have you intentionally named yourself after this masterpiece of software? Either way, welcome to the forum!
just a coincidence but as someone who's looking to get into making music, i guess it fits.

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas » 15 Dec 2017 22:22

fruityloops wrote:
15 Dec 2017 16:56
OTʜᴇB wrote:
15 Dec 2017 16:29
fruityloops wrote:
just a coincidence but as someone who's looking to get into making music, i guess it fits.
Greetings & welcome!

What kind of music are you into making? Is it for your world or some genre of the primary world?