Armistice Day 11th hour of 11th day of 11th month

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
eldin raigmore
fire
fire

Armistice Day 11th hour of 11th day of 11th month

Post by eldin raigmore » 11 Nov 2018 05:52

Who, if any, of us, intend to observe 11 seconds of silence at 11:11 on November 11th this Sunday?

Lao Kou
korean
korean

Re: Armistice Day 11th hour of 11th day of 11th month

Post by Lao Kou » 11 Nov 2018 12:04

eldin raigmore wrote:
11 Nov 2018 05:52
Who, if any, of us, intend to observe 11 seconds of silence at 11:11 on November 11th this Sunday?
I'm seven hours ahead of France, so I'm watching the ceremony in Paris live. Macron is currently delivering a speech under the Arc de Triomphe. I was sleeping at 11:11 local time, if that counts as a moment of silence.
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名

sangi39

Post by sangi39 » 11 Nov 2018 12:41

We had our two-minute silence a little over half an hour ago at home. Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday fall on the same day this year, so just the one moment of silence this November (I heard plans that the Remembrance Day parade in the nearby town was planning on holding a full five-minute silence, two minutes for Remembrance Sunday, two for Armistice Day, and another minute to commemorate the 100th anniversary. Not sure if that went ahead though).
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

eldin raigmore
fire
fire

Post by eldin raigmore » 11 Nov 2018 23:01

Lao Kou wrote:
11 Nov 2018 12:04
eldin raigmore wrote:
11 Nov 2018 05:52
I'm seven hours ahead of France, so I'm watching the ceremony in Paris live. Macron is currently delivering a speech under the Arc de Triomphe. I was sleeping at 11:11 local time, if that counts as a moment of silence.
I think around here they decided to ring the church bells at 11:00 AM this morning. They rang them more than eleven times, but not for eleven continuous minutes!
I don’t know what if anything places without bells did.

—————

As far as I know only three of my living relatives are veterans; my mom’s younger sister’s younger son, and my younger sister’s daughter and her husband. Though my cousin is a lot older than my niece they’re veterans of the same conflict; the Gulf War. My cousin was there during the fighting but it never got to where he was. My niece and her husband were there after all the fighting was over. My niece had a non-combat role —— she commanded some ambulances, as I understand it, and could have been in the line of fire, but never was. Both of the men (ie my coz and my nephew-in-law) might have been sent out to shoot at people who would have been shooting back, but never were. ——— I don’t remember meeting any veterans of WW1. My dad was born in 1914. I remember meeting lots of veterans of WW2 and Korea, but the ones I knew are all gone now as far as I know. Of course many guys my age are Vietnam vets.

But the survivors of the Hemaclysm were mostly not close to me or have died now of other causes.
Last edited by eldin raigmore on 11 Nov 2018 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien » 11 Nov 2018 23:08

11 is and always has been my favorite number :)

I didn’t notice the time, but we have the flag out at our house.
Hekā laikantan tērkan nepaugazai himnayan!

My conlang: Image Lihmelinyan