The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan
Posts: 1637
Joined: 25 May 2014 13:17

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Iyionaku » 20 Aug 2018 12:04

As Caelian has finally reached the mark of 1,000 words I'd like to add it to the conlang census. Bath'aso and Paatherye both stagnate at about 800 words so I don't want to add them as for now.

Caelian (2014) - agglutinative/fusional, nonconcatenative, large phoneme inventory (29 consonant phonemes, 10 vowel phonemes + 14 diphthongs) SOV word order with quadriliteral roots, nom-acc alignment, 28 nominal cases and a quite complex verbal system with inflection after subject and object. Distantly related to Yélian (about as close as Spanish and Persian).

Caelian CBB topic
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2263
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Khemehekis » 02 Jan 2019 08:57

Hey Elemtilas, I've thought about it a bit . . . could you change the description for Kankonian from "agglutinative" to "agglutinative/analytical"?

Kankonian does indeed have German-like compound words, and verbs that form like abamizosen:

abam-iz-os-en
eat-PSV-FUT-PST
was going to be eaten

But all the noun/pronoun/gerund roles (aside from subject and direct object) are marked by prepositions: ad for datives and kinship terms, na for genitives, id for the objects of gerunds, zash for appositives, er for locatives, e for inessives, pai for illatives, zha for vocatives, etc.

An example of the analyticality of Kankonian can be seen in the way Kankonian expresses the Political Compass item "It is natural for children to keep secrets from their parents":

Safin dyu welas id wapishas ab homoses ad mem as orol.
keep by child-PL done_to secret-PL from parents to 3p PRS natural
It is natural for children to keep secrets from their parents.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 59,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3444
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Frislander » 02 Jan 2019 13:08

I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Asta - a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2263
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Khemehekis » 25 Mar 2019 00:09

Birdlang wrote:
06 Apr 2018 11:54
My conlangs are (updated)

. . .

Kït-tèh /kɨʔ.ʈɚ̃hʷ/
Is this a language spoken by cats? And do said kittehs eat the birds who speak Pigeonese et al.?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 59,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
elemtilas
runic
runic
Posts: 3505
Joined: 22 Nov 2014 04:48

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by elemtilas » 26 Apr 2019 00:56

Updated.

Welcome to the newly added languages!
Image

If we stuff the whole chicken back into the egg, will all our problems go away? --- Wandalf of Angera

Birdlang
greek
greek
Posts: 724
Joined: 25 Dec 2014 20:17
Location: Virginia

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Birdlang » 27 Apr 2019 14:30

Khemehekis wrote:
25 Mar 2019 00:09
Birdlang wrote:
06 Apr 2018 11:54
My conlangs are (updated)

. . .

Kït-tèh /kɨʔ.ʈɚ̃hʷ/
Is this a language spoken by cats? And do said kittehs eat the birds who speak Pigeonese et al.?
Yes it’s spoken by cat people (bipedal ones, but not too anthro in style), but, they don’t eat the birds since the birds are much larger than they are (the bird people stand about 5.5 to 6 feet tall the cats only 4.5 to 5 feet tall). They wouldn’t hurt bird people (as that would ruin their cultural and trade relationship as many cat people have immigrated and lived peaceful successful lives in the bird countries, and the only animals they eat are the ones they farm, like cows and sheep). They actually have good trade relations with the Pigeonese and often work in Pigeonese textile factories as in their country, they have developed a good reputation in the textile manufacturing industry.
Ꭓꭓ Ʝʝ Ɬɬ Ɦɦ Ɡɡ Ɥɥ Ɫɫ Ɽɽ Ɑɑ Ɱɱ Ɐɐ Ɒɒ Ɓɓ Ɔɔ Ɖɖ Ɗɗ Əə Ɛɛ Ɠɠ Ɣɣ Ɯɯ Ɲɲ Ɵɵ Ʀʀ Ʃʃ Ʈʈ Ʊʊ Ʋʋ Ʒʒ Ꞵꞵ Ʉʉ Ʌʌ Ŋŋ Ɂɂ Ɪɪ Ææ Øø Ð𠌜 Ɜɜ Ǝɘ

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2263
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 08:36
Location: California über alles

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Khemehekis » 01 May 2019 03:50

Birdlang wrote:
27 Apr 2019 14:30
Yes it’s spoken by cat people (bipedal ones, but not too anthro in style), but, they don’t eat the birds since the birds are much larger than they are (the bird people stand about 5.5 to 6 feet tall the cats only 4.5 to 5 feet tall). They wouldn’t hurt bird people (as that would ruin their cultural and trade relationship as many cat people have immigrated and lived peaceful successful lives in the bird countries, and the only animals they eat are the ones they farm, like cows and sheep). They actually have good trade relations with the Pigeonese and often work in Pigeonese textile factories as in their country, they have developed a good reputation in the textile manufacturing industry.
Oh, OK. Nice that the cats don't eat the Pigeonese! And wow, pigeons that are bigger than cats!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 59,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

User avatar
Zekoslav
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 169
Joined: 07 Oct 2017 15:54

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Zekoslav » 01 May 2019 19:09

Frislander wrote:
02 Jan 2019 13:08
I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Asta - a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.
Intriguing! How advanced was that civilisation? [:D]
Languages:
:hrv: [:D], :bih: :srb: [;)], :eng: [:D], :fra: [:|], :lat: [:(], :deu: [:'(]

A linguistics enthusiast who would like to make a conlang, but can't decide what to call what.

- Tewanian languages
- Guide to Slavic accentuation

User avatar
Frislander
runic
runic
Posts: 3444
Joined: 14 May 2016 17:47
Location: The North

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Frislander » 03 May 2019 16:55

Zekoslav wrote:
01 May 2019 19:09
Frislander wrote:
02 Jan 2019 13:08
I guess seeing how I actually have a thread here now I should add Asta to the list.

Asta - a priori, minimal phonology, agglutinative-polysynthetic, nominals marked for possession, number, noun class and case (adverbial vs. non-adverbial), polypersonal marking, ergativity, rigid transitivty of verb roots, verb-initial tendencies, causative and applicative voices but no passive, culturally semi-neolithic remnants of an advanced civilisation left on an island in a world of oceans.
Intriguing! How advanced was that civilisation? [:D]
Sci-fi level, there's a word for the aliens that destroyed the civilisation.

User avatar
Larryrl
cuneiform
cuneiform
Posts: 136
Joined: 20 Aug 2015 05:36
Location: Texas

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Larryrl » 09 Jun 2019 05:49

As soon as I complete a conlang that in my opinion is worth a crap I will post it on my dropbox and link to it in a post. [:D]
GLA LÊ
He moved toward me.

Ê TRU GLA
I moved away from him.

Post Reply