Introduction thread(s)

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Thakowsaizmu
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Introduction thread(s)

Post by Thakowsaizmu » 11 Aug 2014 04:28

Hi bubbles, welcome [:D]

If you have questions, ask people. And definitely use the Beginner's Board!

Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky » 29 Aug 2014 19:17

Well, I thought I'd start by posting here ... Hi everyone! [:D] I finally decided to return to this forum after several years, I used to be active in the old forum back in 2008 and 2009, I think. I also remember some of the members' names that are still active, though. [:)]

Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore) and I'm now a MA student of English and Comparative Linguistics, and since 2009 I've done lots of conlanging and whatnot. I hope to become an active member again and I'll be posting my stuff here as well. So, I'll be around [:)]
The whole world is my garden - I have created it and I rule it. The heavens envy me, and the gods stand before me humble.
Hūmantit kuēte esti kirītu-met – ūg apēn harmi samnāntā nu ūg apān ēlhami. Nēbetar mi arsanti nu dēvei istahantar gengei par amāt.

Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 » 29 Aug 2014 19:40

Hey, you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere? [:P]

Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky » 29 Aug 2014 19:57

Dormouse559 wrote:Hey, you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere? [:P]
Hey, right back atcha [:P] I've scouted the forum a bit and noticed several names look familiar. It's pretty cool, though, to see the same people on different forums. [:)]
The whole world is my garden - I have created it and I rule it. The heavens envy me, and the gods stand before me humble.
Hūmantit kuēte esti kirītu-met – ūg apēn harmi samnāntā nu ūg apān ēlhami. Nēbetar mi arsanti nu dēvei istahantar gengei par amāt.

Click
runic
runic

Post by Click » 30 Aug 2014 00:04

Welcome! [:D]
Ashucky wrote:Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore)
I live in Croatia and that’s how I feel about it as well. [D:]

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes » 30 Aug 2014 10:09

Click wrote:Welcome! [:D]
Ashucky wrote:Anyways, I'm from Slovenia (for now, I hope in a few years that won't be the case anymore)
How come?

And welcome, Ashucky! [:)]

Ashucky
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ashucky » 30 Aug 2014 23:29

DesEsseintes wrote:
Click wrote:Welcome! [:D]
How come?

And welcome, Ashucky! [:)]
Thanks! [:)]

My boyfriend (he's a conlanger too, yay) is also from Croatia and he too wants to leave the country as soon as possible. [:D] And the reason is that both countries generally suck (economically and politically, less so socially) and there's no hope for a good future there. Speaking for Slovenia, most of the educated young people are leaving the country, fast.

Ceresz
runic
runic

Post by Ceresz » 31 Aug 2014 14:12

Welcome back, Ashucky!

Nannalu
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Nannalu » 31 Aug 2014 14:20

Might as well introduce myself here as well.. Hey, guys, you might know me from ZBB already! Past and present [:P] Joined here a while back but just lurked, until now.

I live in the UK at the moment, not too bad here but I'm originally from Australia. Some of y'all might now me from the whole YUCOPia project and the Etheria project from three or four years ago which both sadly died out and after that I stopped conlanging for a while 'cause I was very sick but now I'm back on my game! Glad to get to know you all [:D]
Mets | Ttɯŋjṹol

TheAceRailgun
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by TheAceRailgun » 05 Sep 2014 02:47

Hey out there, I'm The Ace Railgun, creator of the Thu'll, Setheahn, and Altearran languages, they're both still a WIP, as I have yet to finish the dictionaries :P. I am open to teaching anyone who would be interested in learning them, after they've been completed.
Languages created: Setheahn, Thu'll, Altearran

Languages learned: English (native), Sign language (native), Thu'll

Languages Learning: Japanese, German, Armenian, and Setheahn

Creyeditor
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Creyeditor » 05 Sep 2014 17:50

Welcome Nannalu and TheAceRailgun [:)]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]

pgibby8
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by pgibby8 » 20 Sep 2014 19:44

Hey all, Paul here
I've always liked conlangs since reading Lord of the Rings, and as the typical fantasy nerd I decided to make my own conlang. It all started with:
Adel ash len nryon zh'vho'l gyaron (sorry, don't know IPA yet. And I've literally been making up sounds that as far as I know aren't in any language. Well, they probably are, but I have no idea how I would encode them in IPA)
and I've started spiralling out of control

I speak English and Spanish and am working on Japanese

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore » 20 Sep 2014 23:14

Hello and welcome to everyone who has joined since the beginning of last month (Friday August 1st).
Welcome, Namárië!
Welcome, Arveyres!
Welcome, Himmel!
Welcome, bubbles!
Welcome back, Ashucky! (The name seems familiar.)
Welcome, Nannalu! I don't remember you from the ZBB*. Was your handle there Nannalu as it it here? When were the first and latest times you were actively posting there (if it's OK to ask)? And, glad you're feeling better. (btw what did YUCOPia and Etheria stand for?)
Welcome TheAceRailgun!
And welcome, pgibby8 (Paul)!

All the conlangs any of you have mentioned sound intriguing so far. I look forward to reading more about them.

Spoiler:
I was active on the ZBB from Saturday March 11 2006 until Saturday July 28 2012.
pgibby8 wrote:(sorry, don't know IPA yet. And I've literally been making up sounds that as far as I know aren't in any language. Well, they probably are, but I have no idea how I would encode them in IPA)
See, for instance, http://ipa.typeit.org/full/.

Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr » 03 Nov 2014 20:24

Well, hi everyone!
Since ... well as far as I can remember, I've always been creating my conworld and it'll always been my priority. I do enjoy working on the conlangs that goes with it though!
Here's an example :

Kat'walwo sa lokolréa sa sakaya (Hello everyone, I'm happy to know you.)

Hope I will learn a lot from you all! :)

Dezinaa
roman
roman

Post by Dezinaa » 04 Nov 2014 00:37

Threr wrote:Well, hi everyone!
Since ... well as far as I can remember, I've always been creating my conworld and it'll always been my priority. I do enjoy working on the conlangs that goes with it though!
Here's an example :

Kat'walwo sa lokolréa sa sakaya (Hello everyone, I'm happy to know you.)

Hope I will learn a lot from you all! :)
Í namtíam!
Welcome!

Ketumak
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ketumak » 31 Dec 2014 21:04

I'm a long-standing ZBB-er who's lurked here off and on for years. I've finally got around to joining you, so, um- “Hi!”

I've conlanged off and on since my early teens when, like so many, I came across the work of Tolkien and Zamenhof.
Good: :fra: :esp: :por: | OK :ita:

Mohai

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes » 01 Jan 2015 07:55

Ketumak wrote:I'm a long-standing ZBB-er who's lurked here off and on for years. I've finally got around to joining you, so, um- “Hi!”

I've conlanged off and on since my early teens when, like so many, I came across the work of Tolkien and Zamenhof.
Welcome!! [:)]

I remember reading your thread on dechticaetiative conlanging.

Ketumak
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ketumak » 01 Jan 2015 15:56

Thanks! You mention my dechticaetiative thread. Good to know people are actually reading this stuff!
Good: :fra: :esp: :por: | OK :ita:

Mohai

Birdlang
greek
greek

Post by Birdlang » 02 Jan 2015 10:49

Hello. I'd like to thank Aszev and then moderators for helping me into here. And everyone for their support of new members. I have conlanged since I was 6 years old. But I didn't know the IPA.
Hālōh (ha:lo:x)
Ꭓꭓ Ʝʝ Ɬɬ Ɦɦ Ɡɡ Ɥɥ Ɫɫ Ɽɽ Ɑɑ Ɱɱ Ɐɐ Ɒɒ Ɓɓ Ɔɔ Ɖɖ Ɗɗ Əə Ɛɛ Ɠɠ Ɣɣ Ɯɯ Ɲɲ Ɵɵ Ʀʀ Ʃʃ Ʈʈ Ʊʊ Ʋʋ Ʒʒ Ꞵꞵ Ʉʉ Ʌʌ Ŋŋ Ɂɂ Ɪɪ Ææ Øø Ð𠌜 Ɜɜ Ǝɘ

GrandPiano
runic
runic

Post by GrandPiano » 12 Jan 2015 14:54

Hello, I'm GrandPiano! I'm kind of young - only 14 years old - but I've recently found an interest in conlanging, and I'm hoping that this board can help me with that. I have a decent knowledge of phonetics/phonology from browsing Wikipedia, which has proven to be a reliable source in this area. I also have an almost-complete understanding of the IPA (I sometimes have trouble remembering which sounds the letters for the radicals represent, especially ones that are based on the glottal stop letter, ʔ), and I know a small amount of X-SAMPA.
:eng: - Native
:chn: - B2
:esp: - A2
:jpn: - A2