Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
sangi39

Re: Other Creativity

Post by sangi39 » 30 Jul 2019 23:59

This took much longer than expected:

And that's just one section of the interior walkway.

I've had a slight redesign of the layout of the settlement, and effectively taken out everything that just seemed like a cobbled together mess.

The walls are now of uniform height, such that the bailey walls (and exterior wall), and the walkway walls are now all 12 blocks high. I found that while a 5 block tall walkway wall was reasonably tall, it didn't really seem as imposing as I was hoping, so I raised them up. The added side-effect being that building within the baileys can now be taller without peaking above the walls, which was a problem when designing the noble residences.

The walkway is now lined with a sort of internal "moat", and I've stripped away the military lodgings that were dotted around the place. The intent being that they'll be backed up against the walls or around the towers/guardhouses that are dotted along the walls (the ones along the walkway also serve as entrances to the baileys, meaning that to get from one area to the next you have to go through at least one gatehouse, and to get to the main castle you need to, at the moment, go through thirteen, although that might go up to fifteen by the end of the week).

I'm annoyingly tempted to rip out the noble residences as well and start them again [:P] I like the layout, but the... palette doesn't fit, and now that I can add a few more blocks to the height, I sort of want to add an extra floor to them.

You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

sangi39

Post by sangi39 » 01 Aug 2019 00:23

I cheated and shoved the beds for the guards inside the interior bailey walls [:P]

This still means these particular walls are still 5 blocks thick on each side (rather than a solid mass 21 blocks wide), gives me more room to work with inside the baileys themselves, and means that to access the various gatehouses and their towers you have to actually have to make it inside a bailey.

I don't really want to do this with the exterior walls if I can get away with it. I need to figure out the exact number of soldiers I'd reasonably need to fully man the walls, but so far I think the walls in total have a combined length of around 20,000 blocks... I may give this some more thought.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan

Post by Khemehekis » 23 Aug 2019 04:48

Today, I drew an Evangelisti Chart.

♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 60,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!